Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newbie Question On P900 Themes
Vlammetje
post Aug 5 2004, 11:31 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 1851

the halo is the circle on the window with the 5 balls that moves around when yuo turn the jogdial, right? :wacko:

I basically just changed the colour of the halo but mine isn't transparent. My halo is a .png file which supports transparency in itself so I don't think yu'd need to mask it. masking is for the .bmp files, once compiled in an MBM file the black bits on the mask make the underlying bits on the corresponding .bmp transparent. I think :unsure:

Am I still making sense? :wacko:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J-man
post Aug 5 2004, 11:35 PM
Post #17

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 4433

OK OK easy J-man nooooo dont :wallbash: wallbash:

Ok lets do this again Halo is the round thingy that is surround a icon in the menu. Right that one you can change i saw a really really nice theme ( think maampia's ) Super Mario in that theme the halo's has changed into mushrooms instead of round circles.

And thats what i wanne change. But so if i work with .png files i woulnd had to use the masking ? Man this is getting complicated :wallbash: my head is starting to hurt now :haha:

OK i will try that tonight because it is the Halo thing in the whole P900 theming that I still havent figured out yet.

+Quote Post
Vlammetje
post Aug 6 2004, 01:04 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

OK we're not talking about the same thing here. The icons changed into mushrooms are called...... are called..... :unsure: ..... are called...... heck I can't remember what they're called :blink: but it's an image where you make 6 of them (i think) on top of one another, in my theme they are halftransparent and red and green (obviously) and they do indeed need to be masked.

It is my understanding that you can basically make any 6 (or was it 5??) images in your .bmp file and mask them and use them as icons. :blink:

[edit] OK, I just realised the window you mean is not included in my preview so you can't see them on my theme anyway :wacko: sorry about that.

This post has been edited by Vlammetje: Aug 6 2004, 01:07 AM

+Quote Post
Viperius
post Aug 6 2004, 01:06 AM
Post #19

Group: Members
Member No.: 27256

I don't think VITO or the phone will use the alpha channel in a png file. Not really sure though, but i would be surprised...

When using a masking bmp, the black parts are indeed being used to make the correspondent area on the original bmp transparent. You can also use all gradients from white -> black (using gray transitions - you can use color too but its alot harder to predict the output that way). When you use eg. 50% gray, this will mean a 50% transparancy for that part. So when using a fully white mask, the complete image will be shown, without any transparancy.

+Quote Post
J-man
post Aug 6 2004, 01:23 AM
Post #20

Ok ok this is going to be a allnighter and i am very happy that i ama member of :grouphug: . Because at least i know will get some serious answers. Pia if you are reading this help ? PLEASEEEEEEE.

Ok ok the halos Vlam means are the halo's on the flip closed mode right ? So you can only change those in colours then. But what about the flip open mode ? I mean those are called halo's too right ? I wanne change those like Pia did in her P900 Super Mario theme ( wich was very very nice Pia ).

How does that work ?

+Quote Post
Viperius
post Aug 6 2004, 01:36 AM
Post #21

QUOTE (J-man @ Aug 6 2004, 06:23 PM)
Ok ok this is going to be a allnighter and i am very happy that i ama member of :grouphug: . Because at least i know will get some serious answers. Pia if you are reading this help ? PLEASEEEEEEE.

Ok ok the halos Vlam means are the halo's on the flip closed mode right ? So you can only change those in colours then. But what about the flip open mode ? I mean those are called halo's too right ? I wanne change those like Pia did in her P900 Super Mario theme ( wich was very very nice Pia ).

How does that work ?

Its the same principle as the halo, is it not? Except you need to put the different "phases" of the animation (when selecting the item) beneath each other.

If you eg. wanna create a mushroom, create a 44x44 bitmap with the image in it, and copy that image to a 44x220 bitmap and duplicating it so the same image (44x44) is 5x beneath each other. Asign this to the "Flip open mode - Background balloons - background" image in VITO.
Then if you don't want the borders to show (transparancy mushroom-shaped) make another 44x44 bitmap with the mushroom surface in white, and the stuff you don't want to be displayed in black. Again copy it to a 44x220 bitmap as before. This is then the mask to be assigned at "Flip open mode - Background balloons - background mask" in VITO.

Hope this makes a bit sence...

+Quote Post
Vlammetje
post Aug 6 2004, 01:40 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

You create a new file, 44px wide and 220px high, make 'guides' at 44, 88, 132 and 176 px horizontally so you have 5 'sections' of 44x44 px in your image.

Now choose any image you want for the icons and resize thm to 44x44.

Paste those into each 'section' (so your icons will sit on top of eachothet in the .bmp image!) and save as .bmp

Then convert the 'work-file' to grayscale. Select all the parts you ant t be transparent (invisible) on the theme and fill with black. Fill the rest with white (non transparent icons) or grey (for transparent yet visible icons) The darker the grey the more transparent the icon becomes.

What I call an icon is what you call a halo ;)

In theory I think you could use diiferent icons but as there are only 5 in your .bmp image (and therefore in you MBM file) I am not sure how that would appear on the phone (where there are 6 icons) I imagine it would change when selected :wacko:

+Quote Post
Viperius
post Aug 6 2004, 01:44 AM
Post #23

QUOTE (Vlammetje @ Aug 6 2004, 06:40 PM)
In theory I think you could use diiferent icons but as there are only 5 in your .bmp image (and therefore in you MBM file) I am not sure how that would appear on the phone (where there are 6 icons) I imagine it would change when selected :wacko:

They are different states of the animation when the item is selected. In VITO you can see the default behaviour of that theme. The normal shown items have that smaller circle around them, when being selected, they move through the 3 images in the middle to arrive at the bigest circle.

+Quote Post
J-man
post Aug 6 2004, 01:48 AM
Post #24

@Viperius, Vlammetje have i already told you two that i love you :wub: that is the only way i can express on the help i am getting here. So basicly the black and white thing is the same as in Photoshop. Black dont see and White you see.

Ok got that part next part

The six icon thing is the same question i have. Because 5 images makes sense only for the flip closed mode where there are only five icons . But in flip open you can have a lot more. So what happens if i do use 5 different pictures ? I would hve tried this if i was home but i am not.

+Quote Post
Vlammetje
post Aug 6 2004, 01:49 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

OK it's the animation as viperius just posted :)

+Quote Post
J-man
post Aug 6 2004, 02:15 AM
Post #26

QUOTE (Viperius @ Aug 6 2004, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (Vlammetje @ Aug 6 2004, 06:40 PM)
In theory I think you could use diiferent icons but as there are only 5 in your .bmp image (and therefore in you MBM file) I am not sure how that would appear on the phone (where there are 6 icons) I imagine it would change when selected  :wacko:

They are different states of the animation when the item is selected. In VITO you can see the default behaviour of that theme. The normal shown items have that smaller circle around them, when being selected, they move through the 3 images in the middle to arrive at the bigest circle.

Oh cool so in theory i can use 3 different pictures in the middle towards the last biggest then you would have a gif thingy isnt ? That would be sooooooo cool wait a minute i think i remember a theme that did that. . . . cant remeber who made it. It is definatly someone here

+Quote Post
Vlammetje
post Aug 6 2004, 03:09 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

I actually did it on this theme as well, by 'shaving off' 2 px on each side of each circle as compared to the previous one.

Viperius you say you actually preview this effect in VITO? Where would I see that? :)

+Quote Post
J-man
post Aug 6 2004, 03:14 AM
Post #28

QUOTE (Vlammetje @ Aug 6 2004, 08:09 PM)
I actually did it on this theme as well, by 'shaving off' 2 px on each side of each circle as compared to the previous one.

Viperius you say you actually preview this effect in VITO? Where would I see that? :)

Oh ok so then it will really animated that is sooo cool i am starting relive my love for my phone again :haha:

Hmmm yeah i would like to know that too where you can see that in Vito

This post has been edited by J-man: Aug 6 2004, 03:15 AM

+Quote Post
Viperius
post Aug 6 2004, 03:46 AM
Post #29

QUOTE (Vlammetje @ Aug 6 2004, 08:09 PM)

Nono, i just meant when loading VITO a default theme is loaded. In that default theme you can see those circles which are used by that theme. And they are increasing toward the last one.

No animation in VITO i'm afraid, just used the default theme from VITO as an example to be able to explain it a bit better.

+Quote Post
J-man
post Aug 6 2004, 03:50 AM
Post #30

OH I see well i guess back to the installing on the phone part to see how it moves then. I guess it cant be helped thank you for all the help Viperius

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 06:50 AM