IPB
10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> All You Need To Know About Symbian Theme Contest, guidelines on participation & voting
ArthurWill
post Jun 28 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

UPDATED RULES (1st August 2012)

Objective of STC:
- To create a competitive and friendly environment for Symbian Themers
- To improve the skills of theme creating of each members and create better themes
- To interact with other themers and learn from each others

General Info:
- the competition is open to all M9 members.
- every 2 weeks, a topic is chosen. You will then work on a theme which fits the topic.
- there will be 3 threads, a topic thread, a final entry thread, and a voting thread.

The topic thread is where you can post your potential entry previews and receive comments from others. You are encourage to do the same - discuss & post your comments about other's entries. It's reciprocal, if you give constructive comments, you will most likely to receive comments from others which will help you to improve your entry.

The final entry thread is the place to post your final entry preview. A final entry preview is an image with at least 75% of the screens from the theme represented. Once your entry preview is in this thread, it is FINAL. It cannot be changed if you later wish to change it.
You must post your final entry preview along with (1) mobile9's gallery link, (2) link to the screenshot of your working program, Example, (3) the reference if you are using an online constructor.

The voting thread will be available once the deadline of the competition is reached. All participants must vote. Participants who failed to vote will be excluded from the competition.

- at the end of the competition, the winners will be announced. The themer who won the first place will then choose a topic & any restrictions for the next competition.

Entry Info:
- you can use any pictures/styles as long as they stick to the topic & restriction.
- you can only submit one entry for each Symbian Theme Contest (STC).
- the submitted entry must be NEW, which means it hasn't been released to the public both at mobile9 and other web sites.
- the submitted entry must be ORIGINAL as well, altering wallpaper of existing/known theme are not allowed inn STC.

Voting Info:
- winners will be selected by a panel of judges.
- All participants have to vote and you cannot vote for yourself.
- Only participants, Rising/Certified/Gifted/Legendary artists' vote will be counted.

The panel of judges is made up of two judges (top-notch themer/ another site owner) and the winner of previous week's STC. You, the participant of the STC, must vote for 5 entries (sometime is vote for 7 entries) that are the best.

Winning Info:
- you will earn achievement points for participating in the STC, regardless of winning or not.
- if you won, you will earn extra achievement points, have the respected trophies (gold, silver & bronze) in your profile and have your theme featured.
- if you won the gold trophy, you will have the choice to be the judge OR to continue participating in next STC. You will also choose a topic for the next STC.

----------------
Important details of voting:
- it is emphasized that all participants must vote in order to be fair with everyone, in case any participant fails to vote and his/her theme wins, it is very unfortunate but that theme will not be recognized to have won. In case a participant cannot vote for some reason on the day of voting, pls make sure to PM ArthurWill your votes and she will vote on your behalf in the voting thread.

- votes = points based as follows:
Your No.1 vote will get 5 points.
Your No.2 vote will get 4 points.
Your No.3 vote will get 3 point.
Your No.4 vote will get 2 point.
Your No.5 vote will get 1 point.

- please vote for five persons

- Do not mention more than one person in each vote.
e.g.
1-John
2-Michael and Steven
3-Sven
4-Ben
5-Glen

If there happens to be more than one name, those two names will be excluded from the points count.

- do not vote "everyone". Points will not be granted to everyone.

- it is not allowed to ask or encourage other members to vote for your themes, or 'exchange votes' with other participants. Doing so will result in immediate disqualification.

This post has been edited by aliciawwp: Nov 4 2012, 08:53 PM
Reason for edit: updated objective of STC and Final Entry Thread
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Apr 12 2009, 11:06 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

The rules & guidelines have been edited. We will use this format for Nokia Theme Contest 2009.

+Quote Post
sandrita83
post Apr 13 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #3

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 1177780

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Apr 13 2009, 12:06 AM) *
The rules & guidelines have been edited. We will use this format for Nokia Theme Contest 2009.

I wanna try if I can?!

+Quote Post
Malandrinhadmais...
post Apr 15 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 3662452

is very complicated! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif)

+Quote Post
Coolnav
post Apr 30 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 4853849

Just finished reading the rules and regulations.I'll offcourse bide myself by the rules and regulations...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
jolansky
post Sep 12 2009, 08:36 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 3359111

When we are through posting our final previews, when will be the time to upload the theme to this site? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

+Quote Post
rhtz
post Sep 12 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 3334496

QUOTE (jolansky @ Sep 12 2009, 09:36 PM) *
When we are through posting our final previews, when will be the time to upload the theme to this site? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

you can upload your entry whenever you feel your work is done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) .. ..

+Quote Post
jolansky
post Sep 15 2009, 03:32 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 3359111

QUOTE (jolansky @ Sep 12 2009, 08:36 AM) *

thanks admin,,so kind of you!!!

+Quote Post
shaon007009
post Sep 18 2009, 07:24 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 5150223

I Have Read The Rules. It's Really Great. But I Like To Know, Is The Theme Can Be Any Symbian Series. I Mean The 60 Or 40 Series?

How Can I know That The Next Contest Is Going To Begin.

[attachment=18423:FT__Fami...misspsyb.jpg]

This post has been edited by shaon007009: Sep 18 2009, 07:30 AM

+Quote Post
rhtz
post Sep 18 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (shaon007009 @ Sep 18 2009, 08:24 PM) *
Theme Can Be Any Symbian Series. I Mean The 60 Or 40 Series?

Theme can be for any Symbian Series, S60 or S40 whatever you like (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .. ..

QUOTE (shaon007009 @ Sep 18 2009, 08:24 PM) *
How Can I know That The Next Contest Is Going To Begin.

Keep following this thread and you know when New Week will begin (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ... .

+Quote Post
riteshrocks1992
post Sep 23 2009, 08:51 AM
Post #11

Group: Partial Members+
Member No.: 5743086

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Apr 12 2009, 11:06 PM) *

i'm sorry but m new in m9 can anyone explain me how to participate in the contest please help me out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif) please post ur reply in my m9 profile plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

+Quote Post
rickks
post Oct 1 2009, 07:26 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 5704826

hi,im keen to enter the symbian contest,, i know how to make the theme but the problem is that i do not know how to show the (75%)theme preview!!!so plz help me so that i can also take the chance to compete

+Quote Post
injamul_ahmed
post Oct 8 2009, 04:55 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Group: Gifted DJ
Member No.: 5366093

if i'm not a participant of tmc. but can i vote?

+Quote Post
rhtz
post Oct 8 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (injamul_ahmed @ Oct 8 2009, 05:55 PM) *
if i'm not a participant of tmc. but can i vote?

You need atleast 30 posts to vote if you are not participating.. ..and as you have more than the minimum requirement, you can vote (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) .. ..

+Quote Post
asharushar2
post Oct 11 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #15

Group: Members
Member No.: 2981853

how can i make such a good themes like 60v3 themes uploaded in Mobile9 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 05:49 PM