Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do You Ever Switch Off Your Phone?
ArthurWill
post Mar 5 2007, 03:21 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

Tomi suggests that mobile phone is the first always-on mass media. Research shown that 7 out of 10 people sleep with the phone within arm's reach.

I find this rather interesting, come to think of it I never had my mobile turned off as well. :o Well, unless it runs out of power, but thats another question.

Question of the day is: Do you ever switch off your phone, manually?

If yes, why? Let the :gathering: begins shall we?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adonisdemon
post Mar 5 2007, 04:19 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 6549

In the last few months i've switched it off a few times, but mainly to change sim cards and stuff, but once because it was playing up.

It's always arm's length away when I sleep, so I can turn the snooze on without having to get up :P

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Mar 5 2007, 05:07 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

It's always arm's length away when I sleep, so I can turn the snooze on without having to get up

:lol: Thats exactly the reason why I always put my phone away.

Having to walk before reaching the phone (which acts as alarm) prevent me from getting back to the bed again. :P

Do you ever switch off your phone, manually?

No. Unless it requires a soft reset, and that happens at least once a month for a heavy use pocket pc. :1:

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Mar 5 2007, 06:33 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 427062

As you guys said, the only time my phone is off is for a few seconds while I'm rebooting it. Thanks to call managers, it doesn't even wake me up with calls in the middle of the night anymore either - unless the caller is on my white list of course... :)

+Quote Post
ssivic
post Mar 5 2007, 07:26 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 838525

Realy freaky question, makes me think of me as some kind of addict for mobiles ( I have 3 mobiles)!?!?!?

Well I allways put my phone on the little table right top my bed, and about turning it off NEVER, unless it want work so I have to restart it...

+Quote Post
shoutout
post Mar 5 2007, 08:48 AM
Post #6

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 555820

switch mine of after 8 pm ever day but it doent help house phone then start to ring doh

+Quote Post
itchy11jr
post Mar 5 2007, 08:53 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 464434

I Turn my phone off 1 time a week ( cingular reps tell me it helps keep the phone up to date, I think is crap but I got into a habit of doing it). I also keep my phone next to my bed (arms length) on My multi phone charging station. It works great and doesn't cost very much.

+Quote Post
thomas_sweden
post Mar 5 2007, 09:16 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 248520

I agree with arthurs post 100 %

if I need to get up early(which I need monday-friday because of school :wallbash:) I use the mobile and I place it as long away as I can(just to be up and running) :lol:

+Quote Post
vinnieza
post Mar 5 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 850

It's always on unless i do a restart on it. It never runs outta battery cause i always put it in it's cradle when i get home.

The only reason i won't respond straight a way is either i have no reception (orange is poor where i live). It's upstairs in the pc desktop charger thingy and i'm downstairs (i don't get a reception downstairs anyway) or i'm busy or at work.

My room and the PC is not in the same room so it's not next to me at night, but it would be if i was on holiday or i needed the alarm for example. It's always on silent though, i need it on silent for college, but i turn silent off when i go out and weekends

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Mar 5 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE( Shoutout)
switch mine of after 8 pm ever day

For any specific reason? :blink:

QUOTE( itchy11jr)
I also keep my phone next to my bed (arms length) on My multi phone charging station. It works great and doesn't cost very much.

The charging station looks neat. You should see my electronic charging place. It is a mess. :P

+Quote Post
luisleal
post Mar 6 2007, 12:42 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 488791

I have a Nokia 6280 and in six months i only switched off twice, 1st before entering in the aerocraft to come from Portugal to Australia and the other to change the SIM cards.
Im available 24/7... :...:

LuisLeal

:cheers:

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Mar 6 2007, 02:53 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 583675

i switch it off once in a while, but then again, its only bcoz i dun want to talk to anybody :surrender:

+Quote Post
RazBGD
post Mar 6 2007, 07:03 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 773529

since 1995. ive svitched it off only few times when i was in the plane...freaky... :lol: sometimes i try to remember-how the hell did we live before mobiles appeared?!

+Quote Post
ssivic
post Mar 6 2007, 07:39 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 838525

@razbgd
And this was youst a 12 years ago when first DANCAL Logic comed to my country...

+Quote Post
sexysaraz2
post Mar 6 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #15

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 775563

I hardly ever switch mine off, I have had my phone about six months and would say I have only shut it off twice manually. My phone is also always within my reach especially at night so if there is any emergency I can reach right over to answer it. :wacko:

+Quote Post

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2014 - 07:37 PM