Pc Hardware And Software Thread
Pc Hardware And Software Thread
Dec 6 2006, 03:17 AM
Group: Super Members
Joined: 1-November 06
Member No.: 736652
Adobe Reader 8.0
Adobe Reader is free software that lets you open, view, search, and print Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. The latest version 7.0 of Adobe Reader software includes additional features such as:
* Provides better overall performance for faster launch times and real-time zooming and panning
* Enables you to fill out and submit PDF forms from a variety of devices
* Helps you download and organize digital editions (formerly known as eBooks) on a variety of devices, with full support for portrait or landscape viewing
* Lets you display and share Adobe Photoshop Album slide shows and electronic cards, and export images for online photo processing (Note that online photo services vary regionally.)
* Allows you to save a range of files attached to PDF documents, such as word processing documents, spreadsheets, and multimedia files, and open them in their native applications.
Java Runtime Environment 22.214.171.124
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, and view images in 3D.
Many cross platform applications also require this to run.
Windows Media Player 11
Windows Media Player is the all-in-one media player that provides the best experience for discovering, playing, and taking your digital entertainment anywhere--on Windows XP-based PCs and the widest choice of portable devices.
The Player provides faster access to top activities, such as ripping, burning, and syncing. You can also fine-tune the layout, choose from a range of online music and video stores and services, and much more.
Internet Explorer 7.0
Internet Explorer 7 includes advancements in security and browsing experience for end users, functionality and compatibility for developers, and manageability for corporate network administrators.
Internet Explorer 7 provides improved navigation through tabbed browsing, web search right from the toolbar, advanced printing, easy discovery, reading and subscription to RSS feeds, and much more.
This version includes a full installation of the Web browser and the most recent version of Outlook Express, the e-mail client that is included with Internet Explorer.
5.63MB (Open Source)
The award-winning Web browser is better than ever. Browse the Web with confidence. Firefox protects you from viruses, spyware and pop-ups.
Enjoy improvements to performance, ease of use and privacy. It's easy to import your favorites and settings and get started.
The latest version delivers easier navigation for everyone, including those who are visually or motor-impaired. Firefox is the first browser to support DHTML accessibility, which, when enabled by Web authors, allows rich Web applications to be read aloud. Users may navigate with keystrokes rather than mouse clicks, reducing the tabbing required to navigate documents such as spreadsheets. Firefox 1.5 (Windows version) is also the first browser to meet US federal government requirements that software be easily accessible to users with physical impairments.
CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it's fast! (normally taking less that a second to run) and Free.
Cleans the following:
* Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
* Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
* Recently opened URLs and files.
* Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
* Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.
* Windows Startup tool.
CPU-Z is a freeware utility that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system. CPU-Z does not need to be installed, just unzip the files in a directory and run the .exe. In order to remove the program, just delete the files and that's it. The program does not copy any file in any Windows directory, nor write in the registry.
* Name and number.
* Core stepping and process.
* Core voltage.
* Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier.
* Supported instructions sets.
* All cache levels (location, size, speed, technology).
* Vendor, model and revision.
* BIOS model and date.
* Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor.
* Graphic interface.
* Frequency and timings.
* Module(s) specification using SPD (Serial Presence Detect) : vendor, serial number, timings table.
* Windows and DirectX version.
AVG Free Edition 7.5.432
AVG Free Edition is the well-known anti-virus protection tool. AVG Free is available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product! Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high-level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers. AVG Free is easy-to-use and will not slow your system down (low system resource requirements).
* Automatic update functionality
* The AVG Resident Shield, which provides real-time protection as files are opened and programs are run
* The AVG E-mail Scanner, which protects your e-mail
* The AVG On-Demand Scanner, which allows the user to perform scheduled and manual tests
* Free Virus Database Updates for the lifetime of the product
* AVG Virus Vault for safe handling of infected files
more 2 come
This post has been edited by technokid360: Mar 5 2007, 05:49 AM
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 30th August 2015 - 11:08 AM|
© Copyright 2009 mobile9. Powered by 9WOS v5 [SS]. Sitemap