IPB
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Doc's Tips For Newbie Themers, Primarily SE of course..
Deathzone_xen
post May 28 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #31

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 1037215

I have a problem with the themes that I make...
I'm using Sony Ericsson theme creator 3.11, making themes for W810i...

the problem is that every time I finish doing the "Activity menu"
When I send the theme to the phone and set it up, I go to the activity menu, in the New Events, the color of the back ground gets wider to the sides and it's awful..
I don't know why this happens, can Anyone help me with that??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cosycat
post Jul 11 2007, 07:57 AM
Post #32

Group: Members
Member No.: 38433

:10: This tutorial has been invaluable, many thanks for taking the time to do this :pray:

+Quote Post
colzy_15
post Jul 14 2007, 03:25 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 1636191

doc i can't download that sony ericsson theme maker it downloads then starts loading then it says that it cannot complet it what do i do ? wb :byebye:

QUOTE(dr_megabyte @ Nov 15 2006, 04:37 AM)
I will try to compress all of it into one post..

First off you will need the Sony Ericsson Theme Creator. The latest version can be downloaded HERE!

Alternative link

You will need some graphics software and the one I think is the best for beginners is Jasc/Corel Paint Shop Pro. Any version above 8 (I use 9). Adobe Photoshop also works but it's far more advanced than Paint Shop Pro and not as easy to get started with. Gimp is another good one and it's free. Use Google as always..

Now you have all that is needed to make a brilliant theme. Only your mind sets the limitations of your creations.

These are just my personal opinions and I'm sure there are themers that disagree with some parts, but these are the most important parts imo:

Tip #1: Make it as functional as possible! Meaning don't use bright backgrounds with bright text. Everything has to be readable throughout the theme. Also, try to avoid too high contrasts in the background image for the navigation screens, because that will make it hard to get a text-color that works on all areas.

Tip #2: Use high quality images. When selecting backgrounds use no highly compressed jpg's and don't use gif at all unless you're animating! And try to use more than one background image in a theme.

Tip #3: Practice! There's no shortcuts to a good theme (unless you steal it..). Practice in your graphics software is an absolute must!

Tip #4: Variation. The key to progress imo! When you think you made a great theme, don't repeat the same process again although this is very common especially with beginners.

Tip #5: Attention to detail. Don't leave anything with a "that will do"-attitude. Make it as good as you can and use this mentality to all parts of the theme.

Tip #6: Research. Just to see what is possible, check some of our great themers threads for inspiration and ideas.

Tip #7: Originality. Make everything yourself! No themers like when people rip their softbars or highlights.

Tip #8: Patience. Both when it comes to the work in your graphics program and in the theme maker. Don't rush it, making a theme will take some time but in the end it will be worth it!

Tip #9: Patience.. Can't have enough of that!

Tip #10: Skill. You'll need some if you want to make really good themes. Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro are recommended since most themers use those programs and tutorials are easy to come by. Things like layers and transparency are things I think you have to know about.

To help out Alien Skin has some really good filters that fits both Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. Those made by Alien Skin that I use are; Eye Candy 4000, Eye Candy 5: Nature, Eye Candy 5: Impact, Eye Candy 5: Textures and Xenofex.

I have written a few tutorials to guide you step by step:

Making a theme in Paint Shop Pro:
http://www.skorpan.dk/tut/theme.html

Softbar creation:
http://www.skorpan.dk/tut/softbar.html

Making a theme preview:
http://www.skorpan.dk/tut/preview/preview.html

Functionality:
http://www.skorpan.dk/tut/function/function.html

That's it! Now visit some of the threads of the M9-themers and you WILL get inspired! Once you've started making your themes, set up your own thread in the SE section and the comments and suggestions will start pouring in.
[right][snapback]254700[/snapback][/right]

+Quote Post
negawolf
post Jul 16 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 184691

can somebody help me with my problem?

i'm making a S40 nokia theme using the S40 studio...

i got a problem when trying to make the loading bar (the bar that moving when the phone processing sumthin)..

actually i got no problem on making the animation on macromedia flash...

the problem is after i saved the animation on swf format...the S40 studio still can't play it on the preview...

did i make the wrong format?since S40 actually can accept swf file?

Or maybe u guys using the different program to make the loading bar animation? thanx for suggestion..

+Quote Post
happylass
post Jul 16 2007, 03:51 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 795970

Hi negawolf,your right that nokia s40 supports swf flash but only if made with flashlite 1.1.As for the loading bar you can get just as good affects using animation shop which is what i use for my loading bars and a lot easier than using flash. :) hope this helps :)

+Quote Post
milkmang
post Jul 16 2007, 04:09 AM
Post #36

Group: Members
Member No.: 1308150

Thank you dr_megabyte

this has really helped me, in more then one way 3 thumbs up

Depest Graitude from your neighbour hood milk mang

+Quote Post
riz83
post Jul 27 2007, 05:56 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 466694

Hey doc!!!

u have told everything to sony ericson newbie themers but nothing for nokia themers

i m new here.. n i m having some problems while creating theme from "carbide UI S60 3.1 for symbian OS". i m making themes for nokia 3230 but it is not working proper.. i cant change forlder icons and highlighters on menu screen in nokia 3230.. so plz plz tell me whether i m using the wrong software or there is any mistake in making the theme...

i will wait for ur reply...

+Quote Post
veronica734
post Aug 16 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 1575336

May i know where to download photoshop ??? :unsure:

+Quote Post
DeZal
post Aug 16 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #39

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 1097426

@ Veronica - you can download a trial version from www.adobe.com then you will need to buy it.

+Quote Post
aoze
post Dec 6 2007, 05:22 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 1288656

Hi there, is there any tutorial for creating flash theme for SE phones?

+Quote Post
adonisdemon
post Dec 6 2007, 06:37 AM
Post #41

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 6549

QUOTE(aoze @ Dec 6 2007, 01:22 PM)
Hi there, is there any tutorial for creating flash theme for SE phones?
[right][snapback]450049[/snapback][/right]

Have you tried reading through the guides in the Sony Ericsson Developer site? It gives instructions on Creating Flash Themes.

http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/glo..._multimedia.jsp

+Quote Post
Cool_G5
post Jan 8 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 2345552

Good tut.
Will consider the points,while making one.

+Quote Post
happylass
post Feb 6 2008, 10:09 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 795970

If anyone is interested i have made a tutorial for making soft key buttons for sony ericsson mobile themes. Its for paint shop pro users.

You can see it here.

This post has been edited by happylass: Feb 6 2008, 10:15 AM

+Quote Post
axelek93
post Jul 2 2008, 02:38 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 3186463

(IMG:http://images31.fotosik.pl/306/e8c6c3cf6e12be37m.jpg)

+Quote Post
freyworks
post Sep 4 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 3325061

exuse me i have a question iam new here so i dont know much. is it ok to post the same theme for a different types of phone for example a theme for w910i and a theme for w580i?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 05:37 PM