IPB
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transparent Bars And Buttons Tutorial, Give your themes that professional look
Simon_Ash
post Feb 7 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #16

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 873941

QUOTE(Simon_Ash @ Jan 1 2007, 06:26 PM)
Sounds easy when you say it...But is their anyway of doing it with ms paint? Or any other free software i can download to do this?
[right][snapback]269868[/snapback][/right]

Doesnt matter anymore, Downloaded Paint.Net and its working well. Ive got a lack of insipiration so cant really come up with any good themes, But its fun editing existing ones to suit my needs.

Anyway, Thanks for the guide. Helped me a lil' bit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
janzokris
post Feb 8 2007, 12:01 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 976130

QUOTE(rikard_sweden @ Feb 7 2007, 07:24 PM)
Save the file as .png and you shouldn't have any problems :good:
[right][snapback]283197[/snapback][/right]

ahh thanks Rikard I was saving them as .jpeg thats were Ive been going wrong.

Thanks for the help

Janet

+Quote Post
rikard_sweden
post Feb 8 2007, 07:24 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 79250

You're welcome :good:

+Quote Post
robbie2440
post Jul 13 2007, 09:32 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 1240881

Thnx for program solidsnake204

you can make pictures transparant..

Very good program..

Thnx dude :10:

+Quote Post
prof10000
post Mar 15 2008, 01:07 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 821450

how can u do it in GIMP? or is paint.net easier? i think i'll try paint.net, i allready got gimp

+Quote Post
toni_brill
post Sep 14 2008, 05:29 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 3392997

I wanna know it, too!!
How can you do it with GIMP??
Or is it the same?? I'm new ;-)
Please help :P
I'm so thankful <3

+Quote Post
REGSUE
post Sep 25 2008, 05:11 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 2975569

:clap2:
QUOTE(Cassie159 @ Sep 6 2006, 03:29 AM)
How do I make transparent bars and buttons for my themes????

This is a question asked by alot of new themers.... so I hope this will be some help to you as this will show you how to make basic bars/buttons to help you on your way

I use Paintshop Pro X, but I`m sure you will get the idea and be able to figure out any software you use

First thing is to open a new image for your bar/button.... 176x26 (stardard softkey bar for SE W800) and leave the background as white
(IMG:http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5165/1openimageqv6.th.png)

Next select a gradient colour and use the `fill` tool to colour the image
(IMG:http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4378/2colourma7.th.png)

to make to bar slightly transparent move the tranpancey slider to want ever you want...but for this I`m going to put it to 55
(IMG:http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/7972/3barot9.th.png)

You will see your bar has gone slightly transparent but the most important thing is when you save the image....The image MUST be saved as a .png file.so save using the Save As button
(IMG:http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7207/4pngta7.th.png)

And thats it your first but very simple transparent bar...And the same princapals goes for buttons too :)

You could also try multi-layer  Transparent bars when you get the hang of things!!!
[right][snapback]233615[/snapback][/right]

CHEERS FOR THAT ADVICE GREAT HELP THANKS REG :clap2:

+Quote Post
starztorm
post Jan 14 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 4125577

Hey, thanks for the advice on transparency (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Im using paint.net and will give a small instruction on how to make things transparent. (its a real quick one)

1. First open paint.net, select the paint bucket and fill the white sheet with black.

2. Press F4

3. Layer properties appears in the middle of the screen. at the bottom of that box there is a slider, move it to the left and you will see a chess colored board come to sight, the more clearly you see the chess board, the more transparent the picture is.

Hope this is helping someone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) good luck theming!

+Quote Post
daisy06
post Jan 14 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 2704166

dont know if this is the right place to ask this, but im really really interested in doing the TMC,
but have read prev posts in there bout adding music to your theme and also posting ur theme
on a thread, and to be honest, im a little computer illiterate, and would not have a clue how to do
those things! Is there anywhere i can find out about these things??

Also I still cant get the S60 theme creator working...can anyone suggest another easy to use TC???

Also I use Photofiltre the free version, does anyone know how to make animations in there?? if not can
you suggest another program??

again....Im very sorry if this is posted in the wrong place!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
Nemesis101
post Jan 15 2009, 07:14 AM
Post #25

Group: Members
Member No.: 3163854

QUOTE (daisy06 @ Jan 15 2009, 06:02 AM) *
dont know if this is the right place to ask this, but im really really interested in doing the TMC,
but have read prev posts in there bout adding music to your theme and also posting ur theme
on a thread, and to be honest, im a little computer illiterate, and would not have a clue how to do

Also I still cant get the S60 theme creator working...can anyone suggest another easy to use TC???

Also I use Photofiltre the free version, does anyone know how to make animations in there?? if not can

I dont know about adding music to an S60 theme...
As for posting your theme in forum... above your typing window you will see a row of tabs...7th tab in from left is the "insert image" tab.. by clicking that, brings up an additional window where you paste in your URL for your image ( you get your URL from where your image is hosted i.e photobucket, imageshack etc ) once URL is paste, simply click "OK"
Under your theme screenshot, you can also provide the themes download link allowing people to download your theme once they have seen your screenshots etc.. again this is the 6th tab in from the left called "insert link", again it brings up an additional window where you paste in the themes URL itself, then click "OK" this will then allow you to rename the URL to something like "Download my theme" or similar...

There is another easy to use on line S60 theme maker but i dont think i can type it here for obvious reasons, failing that there is Carbibe UI but because you asked for easy, then this would not be for you maybe.

As for making animations etc...Paint.NET is an excellent free programe Download Paint.NET

This post has been edited by Nemesis101: Jan 15 2009, 07:23 AM

+Quote Post
daisy06
post Jan 16 2009, 06:45 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 2704166

QUOTE (Nemesis101 @ Jan 15 2009, 11:14 PM) *
QUOTE (daisy06 @ Jan 15 2009, 06:02 AM) *

I dont know about adding music to an S60 theme...
As for posting your theme in forum... above your typing window you will see a row of tabs...7th tab in from left is the "insert image" tab.. by clicking that, brings up an additional window where you paste in your URL for your image ( you get your URL from where your image is hosted i.e photobucket, imageshack etc ) once URL is paste, simply click "OK"
Under your theme screenshot, you can also provide the themes download link allowing people to download your theme once they have seen your screenshots etc.. again this is the 6th tab in from the left called "insert link", again it brings up an additional window where you paste in the themes URL itself, then click "OK" this will then allow you to rename the URL to something like "Download my theme" or similar...

There is another easy to use on line S60 theme maker but i dont think i can type it here for obvious reasons, failing that there is Carbibe UI but because you asked for easy, then this would not be for you maybe.

As for making animations etc...Paint.NET is an excellent free programe Download Paint.NET

Thanks for that Nemesis, Really appreciate ur help! Ive tried the carbide one before and you are right, it was very hard for me!
couldnt understand a thing in there!

Thanks again for your help,

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

+Quote Post
cute_heart
post Feb 26 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 2085371

very nice tutorial , big thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
sulthankareem
post Mar 27 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #28

Group: Members
Member No.: 3001413

nice one
and i have another question
how i create icons
or from where i got good icons

+Quote Post
menmens
post Apr 4 2009, 06:01 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 4789333

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) this is good tnx (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gathering.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
johncenamen
post Apr 26 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 3914641

great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 11:04 PM