Closed TopicStart new topic
> Nokia Theme Contest 4 - Sports, 2006-08-22 - 2006-09-03
BadBoyThemer
post Aug 31 2006, 06:35 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 59278

QUOTE(anthraxomega @ Aug 31 2006, 05:11 PM)
there's something i want to know,how do you get screenshots of the preview in the theme editor?i couldn't find any clue on how to do it.
[right][snapback]231740[/snapback][/right]

easy hit " PrtScr " key on your keyboard , then open up a new document in any paint editing program , and hit paste.

.. :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shahidhanif0
post Sep 1 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #32

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 187456

You can do that in many ways.
As mentioned by bad boy.
Also there are some softwares for that also.
One is acd see photo editor.
and the second is corel capture.
and the third is so simple .
only open the preview of theme and than double click on the screenshot.
it will as you to save.

+Quote Post
NahSoR
post Sep 1 2006, 03:54 AM
Post #33

Group: Members
Member No.: 330375

hey all, Im a noob here and I want to know TMT is ONLY for SE themes and NTC only for Nokia themes??

Sorry to be asking such stupid questions...

Also, I have Nokia Theme Studio 1.2 on my comp and It is EXTREMELY slow. Can anyone tell me why?

If it was workin at a good speed i probably would have participated here, who knows maybe I'll participate in the next contest.

And im quite suprised that NTC is not lively at all ! I thought most of the themers out there were S60 themers, since S60 is the most popular phone OS and by far the best in in my opinion....

+Quote Post
anthraxomega
post Sep 1 2006, 04:07 AM
Post #34

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 245133

Also, I have Nokia Theme Studio 1.2 on my comp and It is EXTREMELY slow. Can anyone tell me why?

that's because the nokia theme studio 1.2 or 3.0 uses alot of rams as they say.and don't worry it's also slow with me but i'm sure you'll get used to it.
looking foreward to seeing your themes ^_^

+Quote Post
dr_megabyte
post Sep 1 2006, 04:12 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 102261

@NahSoR
You can join TMT and TMC with a theme for any phone at all! TMT has already started and the next is over a month away. TMC starts monday September 11.

Anyone can join TMC and TMT, but for TMT you have to sign up in a registration thread which will be opened in middle/late september.

As for Nokia theming software.. You're not the first with compliants.. It IS slow and requires quite a computer to run anyway near smoothly..
I think this is one of the reasons for people letting it go and turning SE.. Why Nokia hasn't done anything about it is a riddle to me..

+Quote Post
NahSoR
post Sep 1 2006, 08:10 AM
Post #36

Thanks anthrax and megabyte

I know Im not the first with complaints, which ever forum i visit people are complainin bout it :(

I want to compete so badly and this stupid Studio takes 1000 years to load and another 100 years for every small action!
I do hope Nokia come out with a better, more user-friendly software soon
Just like to say this: Competition is fierce here, these themers got serious skill and few are by proffesion graphic designers I presume...

+Quote Post
Bishop_Bacon
post Sep 1 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 421783

Hello NahSoR,
yes, the Theme Studio is not the fastest programme on earth... (IMG:http://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/smilie/tiere/a038.gif) I hope its slugginess will not discourage you too much as I'd be pleased to see themes made by you, too (IMG:http://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/smilie/tiere/a010.gif)

+Quote Post
NahSoR
post Sep 2 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #38

Hey guys,

Glad to say im near completion of my first theme, and I have to say it is really good lookin.

P.S: The only reason i could complete it is coz, I had a holiday yesterday and more importantly i had Internet connection problems :( So I had nothin else to do.....lol

+Quote Post
jasnasto
post Sep 3 2006, 01:06 AM
Post #39

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 6981

@NahSoR

Good to know we have another Nokia themer among us... looking forward to see your first theme.. :grouphug:

Unfortunatelly, as it seems right now, we are not going to have any competition this time, because there is only one final entry posted so far... :surrender:

@shadid
Could you please post your entry as final, just in case... :grouphug:

This post has been edited by jasnasto: Sep 3 2006, 01:17 AM

+Quote Post
shahidhanif0
post Sep 3 2006, 03:25 AM
Post #40

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 187456

(IMG:http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5824/8ef425d606pm7.jpg)

+Quote Post
NahSoR
post Sep 3 2006, 06:38 AM
Post #41

Hey,

Here is a sneek peek to my newest theme, I know it is'nt too glamarous.................Post your opinions, Sorry to be posting it here but no one is discussing the NTC anywayz....

(IMG:http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/roshanramamurthy/Screenshot0064.jpg)

BR

+Quote Post
Bishop_Bacon
post Sep 3 2006, 07:31 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

Hi NahSoR,
fine to see you theming (IMG:http://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/smilie/froehlich/a015.gif)
Perhaps you may want to open your own thread in the Nokia section so every M9er can watch your improvements and add comments there?

As I only see the title screen, I can't say very much yet, but one thing I think as very positive:
You chose a good cutout for your title image. The shape of the car and it's position below the center
of the screen make a good composition.

No play around a little bit more, explore the design possibilities provided by an S60 screen.
(ok, I have in mind that Theme Studio is slow)
I think, more color would do your theme good, perhaps you want to use a gradient for the navipane instead of just black?
Experiment with the form of the signal/battery indicators (standard indis look sooo boring)... (IMG:http://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/smilie/muede/c010.gif) (IMG:http://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif)
Try to create a more interesting softkey. You can see very good examples in the Sony Ericsson section.
You can find Step-by-step tutorials easily via Google. Search for "Button Tutorials".

Greets
BB

This post has been edited by Bishop Bacon: Sep 3 2006, 07:32 AM

+Quote Post
NahSoR
post Sep 3 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #43

Thanks BB!
Ya, I have aldready changed Indicators to something nice, I currently don't have Photoshop(got uninstalled somehow.I dont know when!) so all I have for editing is stupid paint so cant play around with navipane but still im doing some modification with paint....

As for the Softkey, That line is'nt supposed to be there- I removed it.

I tried a bunch of designs none of them suit the background image...

And the Intro Thread, shakll I open it right now or after I have got a few thmes to my name??

This post has been edited by NahSoR: Sep 3 2006, 08:34 PM

+Quote Post
BadBoyThemer
post Sep 4 2006, 05:03 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 59278

@ Nasir - not bad at all , well done ..

Ok ppl finally i have some good news for those wishing to see in this ... i have now got Theme studio working ... :10: :10: :10: :10:

+Quote Post
Bishop_Bacon
post Sep 4 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

QUOTE(NahSoR @ Sep 4 2006, 03:32 AM)
And the Intro Thread, shakll I open it right now or after I have got a few thmes to my name?

Do as you please. Perhaps finish one theme, then open your own thread.

QUOTE(BadBoyThemer @ Sep 4 2006, 12:03 PM)
i have now got Theme studio working ...

Yeah! (IMG:http://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/smilie/froehlich/d055.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 11:52 AM