IPB
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Nokia Theme Contest 3 - Insects, Topic: Insects - 5 entries.
Evrae
post Aug 16 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #31

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 1796

I hate all this mankin about, please will somebody stick mine up lol

(IMG:http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/EvraeUk/snap227.png)

This post has been edited by jasnasto: Aug 16 2006, 11:40 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bishop_Bacon
post Aug 16 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 421783

QUOTE(anthraxomega @ Aug 16 2006, 03:42 PM)
but i wanted to ask everyone's oppinion about mine.be honest about your oppinions and don't worry if you didn't like the theme,after all it's my first time here in a competition.
[right][snapback]227313[/snapback][/right]

Ok, I'll try to write down my two cents. Don't take them personal.
I have in mind that this is your first theme for a competition and considering this, it's a good start. (IMG:http://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/smilie/froehlich/a015.gif)

The title picture in your theme looks slightly distorted and a bit blurred. That's a loss. No matter, how nicely your submenues are done, the title screen still remains the main eyecatcher. Use a high quality image for it. Your analogue clock looks blurred too; if you work with photoshop, try to use the path tool to avoid ragged edges.

I see that you tried to colour your theme in a harmonic way, using different tinges of green.
That's not bad, but perhaps a second different colour would have done good. (In many cases, a good way to get overall colour harmony is to take colours which appear in the main image, e.g. the yellow from the hornets' body)
You may want to do a rough pre-layout in your graphics programme and experiment with different colors for your navi panes, list highlights, etc. to find harmonic colour combinations. Use the hue/saturation controller in your graphics programme.
A example from my Megaman theme (a not very good example, I admit, but I think it will do)
I tried to find a good colour for the list higlight:
(IMG:http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1286/coloursqp3.png)

Take your time while doing this. You will soon develop a more acute sense of colour and see which colour combinations are harmonic and which are an absolute no-no.

Think of usability. In some places, the dark green blades of grass in the softkey/navipanes clash with the
black text and makes it illegible. Perhaps use a lighter tinge of green for the grass?

Catchy picture there on your pinboard :-) I think the pinboard is a sort of playground to add nice detailwork to your S60s theme. It's a pity to let it end as an otherwise plain white area. Perhaps you may want to enhance your next pinboards with adding a nice frame for a start?

Looking forward to see future themes (IMG:http://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/smilie/froehlich/g030.gif)
BB

This post has been edited by Bishop Bacon: Aug 16 2006, 04:42 PM

+Quote Post
Patrick
post Aug 16 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 3

@anthraxomega: agree with BB on the usability part. Another thing with the softkeys. No idea how it looks like on phone, but it isn't very visible on computer - black text on the 'noisy' background.

The spirit to get better in theming is very good though :good:

@imax: did you make the animation yourself? The more I look at it, the more awesome it is :haha:

+Quote Post
Bishop_Bacon
post Aug 16 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

@ Evrae: Wow, a "night" theme. :) I especially like its list highlights, knowing how hard it is to do good ones with the Theme Studio, compared to Sony Ericsson theming. As for me, I'm doing themes for the 6630/6600/7610... with Theme Studo 1.2.1 (I'd love to do 3d Edition themes with Theme Studio 3.0, but that programme is sooooo slow...) (IMG:http://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/smilie/traurig/a015.gif)

+Quote Post
shahidhanif0
post Aug 16 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #35

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 187456

Evrae good things u done.
but where are the icons of that theme.
and also the clock is not at its place.
i think you have to edit it agian.

+Quote Post
anthraxomega
post Aug 17 2006, 12:46 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 245133

thanks everyone
your notices will indeed help me later on..

+Quote Post
Evrae
post Aug 17 2006, 02:17 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(shahidhanif0 @ Aug 17 2006, 06:32 AM)
Evrae good things u done.
but where are the icons of that theme.
and also the clock is not at its place.
i think you have to edit it agian.
[right][snapback]227427[/snapback][/right]

Where are the icons? Do you mean the little pain in the butt ones? I dont bother with a full icon pack, the main ones and folders and I leave others blank so in the theme it uses the phone's own icons. The clock is fine as I moved it down for other reasons. Do you have to have a rectangle watch with the face in the middle? Nope, I like quirky! I will not edit again as just entered an old theme for fun in the spirit of the competition. We all have our own style and this is mine.... People love it or hate it. Good luck everyone and thankyou for any comments.

I have uploaded my theme to various sites, it has had quite a few downloads and been rated. Try it yourself and see, you will either love it or hate it lol.

Oh and Anth dude....... The blades of grass on softkeys and pop ups are nice and have a certain feel but try for a textured feel instead as text isnt readable. I am liking the effort made.

This post has been edited by Evrae: Aug 17 2006, 02:29 AM

+Quote Post
Oopsession
post Aug 17 2006, 03:02 AM
Post #38

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 210063

Evrae :clap2: :clap2: i love the blue colour....really nice theme :grouphug: :byebye:

+Quote Post
Evrae
post Aug 17 2006, 04:47 AM
Post #39

Thanx chuck, you having a crack at it?

+Quote Post
imax
post Aug 17 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #40

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 484650

QUOTE(expert_21 @ Aug 17 2006, 12:50 AM)
@imax: did you make the animation yourself? The more I look at it, the more awesome it is :haha:
[right][snapback]227395[/snapback][/right]

no, the animation is much more long in format .avi, I I have trimmed it and adapted to GIF of 15fps, I hang the complete animation here to you….

(IMG:http://imax-host.com/themes/screen1.gif)

:good:

+Quote Post
BadBoyThemer
post Aug 18 2006, 05:01 AM
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 59278

Hello all BBT here , just wanted to say fantastic work on all of these themes , really great to see some fresh new nokia artists on m9 , and as i've liked seeing all of theme so much , i've also decided to join in on this comp .... for those who don't know , or think i am primarily a sony themer , you'd be wrong , i started theming ont he nokia platform phones a while back , so yea i'll give it a bash , should be fun :byebye:

+Quote Post
elton
post Aug 18 2006, 06:36 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 38947

Great to see you joining in bbt. :)
Nice themes. :good:

+Quote Post
Bishop_Bacon
post Aug 18 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

@BBT: Hi (IMG:http://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif)
So you're taking a trip "back to the roots" by joining the comp, so to speak? I just scrolled through your Series 60 themes and I'm looking forward to what you'll come up with :)

QUOTE(BadBoyThemer @ Aug 18 2006, 12:01 PM)
should be fun

Word!

+Quote Post
BadBoyThemer
post Aug 18 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 59278

QUOTE(Bishop Bacon @ Aug 19 2006, 01:42 AM)
@BBT: Hi  (IMG:http://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif)
So you're taking a trip "back to the roots" by joining the comp, so to speak? I just scrolled through your Series 60 themes and I'm looking forward to what you'll come up with  :)

QUOTE(BadBoyThemer @ Aug 18 2006, 12:01 PM)
should be fun

Word!
[right][snapback]227848[/snapback][/right]

Ha ha scrolled through i really have to doubt that matey as there is over 50pg's of them ....ha ha , but thaks i hope to do something alright , but it has been some time. :pray:

+Quote Post
Bishop_Bacon
post Aug 18 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Hehe. I've got the time now. Holidays! (IMG:http://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/smilie/tiere/d036.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 10:28 AM