IPB
9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Problems Connecting To Your Pc?, Please read this before you post!!
shermanakaice
post Dec 28 2006, 03:43 PM
Post #61

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 877135

hey can anyone help me ? Motorola(PEBL U6) ...
my phone is connected to my pc but whenver i open the program PST or P2k man my phone disconnects just like that what should i do i have eveything installed good everything is perfect but i dont know what happens when i put on the program...?

one other problem how do i delete my original files( pics, video's, theme)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Dec 29 2006, 06:35 AM
Post #62

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 427062

Have you followed all of the guides and links in this topic? Have you tried everything in it? Have you tried Yitz's guide?

Uninstall everything including all P2k software and the drivers and start again. No need for PST so I don't know why you would have it but make sure you uninstall that as well. If you have a compatable OS (Win2k SP3/XP SP2) then it will work if you follow the guide, unless of course you have other problems with your system.

+Quote Post
shermanakaice
post Dec 29 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #63

nothing is rong with my pc or anything its just whenever i put on the program p2k it says my phone is not connected so tell me please in steps what to do .
all i need is a program to delete my original files like the
ringtones, pics and videos i cant delete it from my phone i need a program to delete it. and i also need a program
to put in new stuffs like games and stuff like that can you please tell me in steps what to do? PLEASE. (PEBL U6)

+Quote Post
shermanakaice
post Dec 29 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #64

and i reinstall everything like: P2kman, p2k drivers,
midway 2.8, PST 7.2.3. for my pebl u6 but mpt says that
my phone is connected but the p2k man says its not connected and the midway and the pst :( so i dont know what to do im stuck...

+Quote Post
shermanakaice
post Dec 29 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #65

i have followed this tutorial about p2k man etc...
http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/cdigiamo/tutorial/v220/tut.html
tell me if thats good please.
and if its good i have did egzactly as it have but only mpt
cetch on to my phone the rest says that the phone is not connected

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Dec 29 2006, 10:21 AM
Post #66

Group Icon

I'll ask one more time. PLEASE, for the sake of my sanity, read this topic. I will be happy to try to help you but there is precious little that I can do if you don't read what's here!

First of all, in the first topic it clearly stated that no P2k programs will work if MPT is open so I'm not quite sure why you're trying that.

In fact, you should uninstall MPT until you get this problem sorted.

Secondly, why are you still using PST? Uninstall it, it is unnecessary and can cause problems. Get rid of it.

Now that you've removed MPT and PST, uninstall ALL of your P2k programs. Every single one. Delete them completely.

Now you should have no MPT, no PST, and no P2k programs at all on your PC.

Now download THIS file and save it on your dektop. Then follow these instructions (courtesy of mikekay10 on mobiledia):

Run the Device Manager batch app that you downloaded above (devmgr.bat that was in the devshowall.zip). Windows Device Manager will pop up. Click the view menu, and select "Show Hidden Devices". Now navigate to the Modems catagory, click the + next to it. It will expand. Remove all traces of Motorola USB Modem. Do this by right clicking over the item and selecting "Uninstall" Next, navigate to the Motorola USB Device Catagory (if its there), click the +, and uninstall everyone of the items in there. Finally, navigate to the Universal Serial Bus controllers catagory, click the +, and uninstall all "Unknown devices".

(IMG:http://i1.tinypic.com/xpa1cl.jpg)

Once you've done that, follow the guide in post 1 or Yitz's guide which is linked at the bottom of post 1 - to get your phone connected to your PC. When searching for RSD Lite, make sure you get version 2.7.

Once you've done that, download v2 of my software installer suite linked in my sig. This will have all of the apps you need.

Once you've done all that, post here and tell me about it. Then I can help you delete your stock ringtones etc. Note the big red warning though - if you just go in and delete them you will cause big problems. There is a way to do it that won't cause problems but we don't need to go there yet. First, get connected!

:good:

+Quote Post
shermanakaice
post Dec 29 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #67

YAY!!!! RSD LITE FOUND MY PHONE!!!! I LOVE U MAN THNXXXX ALLOT

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Dec 29 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #68

Group Icon

Great! See, a little time and patience paid off!

Now just be careful as I mentioned before when deleting stock files.

First of all, the files that you delete CANNOT be in use when you delete them. In other words, make sure that ringtones you delete are not in use by ANY ring style (loud, soft, etc) you you will run into big problems. Wallpapers should not be in use by the current skin when you delete them. Etc.

Next, DO NOT delete any file until you have changed the attributes to 000000! If you do, you will have big problems. Use P2k Commander or P2k Tools to change the attributes of each and every file before you delete it.

Lastly, back everything up to your PC and NEVER delete a file if you don;t know what it is! Also NEVER delete the Moto skin or wallpaper.

Good luck.

+Quote Post
shermanakaice
post Dec 29 2006, 12:48 PM
Post #69

all i want to do is delete all the silly ringtones all the silly wall papers and all the silly videos can you explain in steps how to do that with p2kman?
and explain how to put in games and moving screensavers etc...

+Quote Post
shermanakaice
post Dec 29 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #70

after you finish explaining me about p2kman i want you to visit this site and tell me what programs are good to download for stuffs back http://www.razrmods.com/page1.html

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Dec 29 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #71

Group Icon

Well I can't do everything for you, you'll have to do some research on your own. But as far as deleting unwanted files, go here:

http://motox.info/showthread.php?t=3581&highlight=memory

Just make the following note: You should use P2k Tools instead of p2kman. Also, the linked guide is for the V3 rather than the U6. If you don't find the files mentioned in the /a/ directory, look in your /c/ directory.

As I said, make sure that you change the attributes to 000000 before deleting the files listed in the link. Also, you should go through ALL of your ring styles before you do this and set every single sound to the same tone. Then, do not delete that tone while you're going through and deleting files. Make it one of your own ringtones perhaps so that you know you won't delete it by accident. If you don't do this, you will have problems.

Lastly, now that you're connected to your PC please do not make further posts in this thread as it is for connection problems only. If you need help with something you can post a new thread in the User Support forum ONLY AFTER you have searched this site and google for answers.

+Quote Post
shermanakaice
post Dec 29 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #72

OMG!!! ONE PROB how to restore a file when u deleted it by mistake from p2k commander

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Dec 29 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #73

Group Icon

Just copy the file that you backed up onto your PC back into the directory that it originally came from.

+Quote Post
b-raj
post Jan 1 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #74

Member No.: 844774

hey EchoZulu or sumbody else plz help me...

me in a big problem...my motorola v3i is getting restarted again and again...if anyone calls me,i cant even talk even one minute...and the phone gets hang and restarts automatically...i can send sms and everything working properly...but i cant talk to anyone for long time...
so wht i am supoose to do plz help :(
can i format my cell?if yes then how?

actually i installed skins...and one of the skin motox was not installed properly and i want to delete it,its in the phone but not showing on skinmanager...so how iam suppose to delete it?
may be this file is having virus or sumthing...so plz tell me the procedure guys...plz

thanx batul

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Jan 1 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #75

Group Icon

There are no viruses for P2k so don't worry about that.

Did you delete the Moto skin? If so, reinstall it and see if that helps. If not, you should back up your contacts/pics/etc and flash your phone.

Search this forum. On the first page either here or in the user support forum I have discussed flashing and you should have all the info you need on how to do it.

Please do not post any further in this thread regarding this matter as it has nothing to do with PC connection problems. Thanks.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 04:18 PM