IPB
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Problems Connecting To Your Pc?, Please read this before you post!!
ramart
post Aug 15 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #16

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 542825

can you also tell me what a mma file is and how I know which one is for my phone v635 the dcp or the ucp and what are the drm files
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Aug 16 2006, 05:28 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 427062

The mma_ucp and mma_dcp are the files that dictate which items are in the menus and what order they appear in.

For info on drm icons, please view the pinned topics in the motorola/siemens themeing forum.

:good:

+Quote Post
ramart
post Aug 16 2006, 09:00 AM
Post #18

thanks Echzulu will skinman only load the files in thefolder with the ski files as the other files like the mma drm files are in different folders to speak :good:

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Aug 17 2006, 06:17 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Yes Skins Manager only related to the files directly related to the skin. That would be:

1. ski file - The skin "map" which dictates the positions and colors of skin elements.

2. dat files - The gif images contained within the skin.

3. wallpaper - The background image in standby mode.

System files such as menu files (mma_ucp and mma_dcp) etc are not manageable using SkiMan. Those files should be added using an "explorer" type P2k program such as P2kCommander or P2kTools (after backing up the originals of course!).

:good:

+Quote Post
ramart
post Aug 17 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #20

thanks Echo Im getting the jist of it Iv installed a few now and alls well so far :10:

+Quote Post
kancilmerah
post Sep 6 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 599182

hi there,

I'm quite new to this kind of thing. I just an L6.
My question is, how can I connect it via the usb cable supplied in the package? what do i need to have in order to do so? i'm planning to install my mp3s into the phone.

plz respond.

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Sep 7 2006, 07:43 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

For MP3s, all you need is your cable and Motorola Phone tools 4, which should have come with your phone. If it didn't, you'll have to search google.

+Quote Post
jpn_otaking
post Sep 22 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 638589

Hello. I have a problem.
It's simple yet strange.

I have Windows XP and a Motorola V3(black) and, I can guarantee to you, I have seriously tried everithing posted here and in that motoX forum guide, carefully.

After connecting my phone, Windows found new hardware, then I install it, ending with a "Motorola USB Modem" succesfull instalation!

Like said in the "Guide to Un-Install and Re-Install P2K Drivers", after that, "DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE YET! The computer will find some more hardware".

The thing is... Never find some more hardware!!!
Just nothing happen...!

But if I mannualy install the hardware? Because I have the drivers! Well, I could mannualy install the "Accessories Interface" for instance, but in the end, instead of "Your hardware is installed and ready to be used", says something like "Your device is not ready" meaning that that hardware is not in existence!

And I can't switch to mode data/fax in my mobile simply because there's no such option (tha mode may be automatic), so all I could have is a modem... well I'm not so sure about that because the Moto modem appears as "abstent"... O_O

Some more info:
The USB cable is borroweb from my mp4 portable (I think that's not it because Wxp detects new hardware, the modem at least)
I'm using the normal rear USB connection in my PC

+Quote Post
jpn_otaking
post Sep 24 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 638589

Hello again, well I could solve my problem:
The thing was that I had SP1, and now I've installed Service Pack 2!
By doing that all worked out!

Tnx

+Quote Post
vinayybx
post Sep 28 2006, 03:43 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 648302

hi all.i have one srerious problem with my mobile phone (motorazer v3). i removed some files from motorazer v3
The files r :- alert sound file,and three default themes from my cell.
now i am not getting display.i can c battery icon,network icon, screen saver on display.....so what i have to do to over come this prob.........
plz help me.................................

This post has been edited by vinayybx: Sep 28 2006, 03:46 PM

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Sep 29 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

If you backed up those files (I hope that you did) then try putting them back in place and restarting your phone.

If not, then you'll probably need to flash with a Monster Pack from motox.info. Back up all of your pics/ringtones/etc and search motox for info on flashing with an MP. Please read everything very carefully! If you flash with an MP not intended for your phone you'll have big problems!

This post has been edited by EchoZulu: Oct 5 2006, 05:29 AM

+Quote Post
Cal83
post Oct 23 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 714458

Hello

First of all, I appreciate you talking the time to write this guide, transferring games this way seems waay easier than some of the other guides I've seen

I followed your guide for my V635, installing the drivers you have provided, switching to fax usb connections default, got the rsd and motoman running.

I uploaded a game and restarted, but when I try to open the game it gives me 'application error', while the java mp3 player that was there from the beginning works fine.

Anything I can do to try and fix it?

Oh and one more thing. After I restart using the Manager, WinXP gives me an error for the RSD program after it tries to access the phone coming out of the restart and shuts RSD down. Does that have anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance

+Quote Post
Isaias
post Oct 30 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 716291

I am getting an error message when opening MotoMidMan program as unsupported platform. Im running RSD Lite 3.2 and it is connected .. '
can someone help ?

mod edit - quote removed, cleaning up topic.

This post has been edited by EchoZulu: Dec 28 2006, 06:43 AM

+Quote Post
GBAEZ
post Nov 1 2006, 08:00 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 712942

HOW i can't connect my Rokr E1, when i use any P2K softwarez show me ( status: disconnect, movil desconectado, no phone, etc)

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Nov 2 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

@Cal83

That app error simply means that the game you installed isn't compatable with your phone.

As for the RSD Lite error, once you see 'diconnected' in the bottom left corner of MotoMidMan, unplug the phone. Then close MotoMidMan and RSD Lite. Once your phone is fully booted, you can plug in again and start the apps.

@Isaias

Try the latest version of MotoMidMan

@GBAZ

It sounds like you haven't read this guide. Did you go through post 1 and the rest of the thread and try everything before posting here?

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 03:29 PM