8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Screen Protectors, How do you clean screen protectors
saber_kite
post Apr 19 2004, 02:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 10879

Apologies to all if this topic has been posted and I failed to locate it. Did try but could not find any...

I purchased a Martin Fields Overlay Plus for my P800 and it looked really good. Unfortunately, through no one's fault but my own, I managed to put dust/dirt/grime on the adhesive side of the protector. *sigh* The product said it was washable. The guy I got it from said that running water should be just fine... but it still had some marks all over it. I surfed some PDA/Handheld sites and got several suggestions. I tried to do all of the suggested and came up with my own "formula."

Here's what I did:
1. Diluted about 2 drops of dishwashing detergent in a cup of tap water
2. Rinsed the protector by dipping it. Used a sponge to remove the more stubborn dirt (use light strokes and in one direction only!)
3. Placed it on a piece of bond paper (printer paper was recommended but since I couldn't find one in such a short notice I had to make do with regular bond) adhesive side down and let it air dry
4. To clean the P800 screen & the "shiny" side of the protector, I used 3M Scotch-Brite High Performance Cloth
5. Oh-so-carefully place the protector -- adhesive side (dry) down and used the short end of a credit card to remove air bubbles (note: there we still some air bubbles left no matter how much I try to remove them. I decided to keep them that way that go through the hell that I did when I first removed the protector).
6. Resolved to never again remove the protector :wacko:

In one forum I read it was suggested that (I) use scotch tape to remove lint from the adhesive side but I had problems on that and it almost bent the protector which would be waste of good money!

If anyone has other suggestions I would appreciate it. This is what I did based on other forums and so far, everything seems to be ok. But I'm keeping the protector on until it falls off on it's own. :haha:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Patrick
post Apr 19 2004, 02:52 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 3

@saber_kite: nice post. Gotta clean my screen protector now (covered with dust).

+Quote Post
adonisdemon
post Apr 19 2004, 04:09 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 6549

nice one saber :good:

+Quote Post
yaghwin
post Apr 19 2004, 06:10 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6738

nice n informative

+Quote Post
saber_kite
post Apr 19 2004, 04:39 PM
Post #5

:grouphug:

+Quote Post
yaghwin
post Apr 20 2004, 10:36 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 6738

:good:

+Quote Post
Asakura
post Apr 28 2004, 08:08 AM
Post #7

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 13328

can remove scar other than dirt :haha: nice one! :grouphug:

+Quote Post
jmdo777
post May 14 2004, 08:37 PM
Post #8

Group: Members
Member No.: 14484

hi guys i was thinking of getting a screen protector for my P900 but its so expensive, the thing is they want 500 to 700 for it while if i go to a shop called semicon here in manila they will sell me the whole front cover ( with the glass or plastic your trying to protect) of the P900 for 800 bucks. thats brand new and includes the screen thats why i dont get any screen protector. but i do use the 3m cloth its really good takes oil out with out having to use any glass cleaner.

+Quote Post
saber_kite
post May 14 2004, 11:55 PM
Post #9

Wouldn't it be a hassle to keep on removing the cover everytime you want to change the screen? It's actually a nice idea too but in other countries screen protectors are cheaper than buying new covers... ^_^ It all depends na din sa yo ^_^V... though I'd like to try it too so I can change my P800's case color to a darker one, hehe.

+Quote Post
jmdo777
post May 15 2004, 07:31 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (saber_kite @ May 15 2004, 04:55 PM)
Wouldn't it be a hassle to keep on removing the cover everytime you want to change the screen? It's actually a nice idea too but in other countries screen protectors are cheaper than buying new covers... ^_^ It all depends na din sa yo ^_^V... though I'd like to try it too so I can change my P800's case color to a darker one, hehe.

dont get me wrong its a great idea to get one but since the price of a new screen is almost the same as the protector even if i scratch it i can get a new one for the same price.+ a brand new front cover. dude you in manila? check out semicon they got parts for nokia and SE.

+Quote Post
olyy
post May 16 2004, 07:31 AM
Post #11

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 16393

:clap:

+Quote Post
saber_kite
post May 16 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #12

Either way, both are expensive so I guess you just have to make up your mind which to get. I still think that you'll probably save more in the long run when you get the screen protector than a new case. On my part at least, since my phone gets handled heavily by my siblings, the screen protector si more practical, and the brand Martin Fields is heavy duty, it'll probably last longer than a regular case.

+Quote Post
jmdo777
post May 16 2004, 05:52 PM
Post #13

@saber_kite
Ok where did you get yours? id like to try it out.

+Quote Post
myki_mj
post Jun 30 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 9102577

+Quote Post
myki_mj
post Jun 30 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #15