2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help With The Vito Theme Editor
J-man
post Feb 27 2004, 03:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 4433

Well people like i said i am playing around with this new program and i am starting to get crazy because i cant figure out what i am doing wrong. I just take the default theme from VITO i changed the background pictures from flip open en closed. Save it as a new theme beam it over by bluetooth to my P900. And the backgrounds ( wallpapers ) are simply not there ?

Everything else is there from the theme but not the walls the size are right i tried jpg,bmp's and different wallpaper pictures. When i save the new theme and open it again in VITO the walls are there but on my P900 it isnt.

Can anybody tell me what i am doing wrong ?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carlsb3rg
post Feb 27 2004, 04:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 12

I experienced this once.. I wasn't quiet sure what the problem was but I changed the picture's format and then it appeared on the phone. I think you have to use .png for it to be viewable.

+Quote Post
J-man
post Feb 27 2004, 04:56 AM
Post #3

@Carlsb3rg thanks for your advice but that didnt help the problem i have save the walls as png and it still doenst show up on the phone anyone else knows ?

Oh and F.Y.I i have the same problem with Dragonballz theme from Scubyd00 when i open it in Vito everything is there but after i beam it over to phone the walls doenst show up. But i dont have the problem with the theme katatonia2 this is wierd man.

+Quote Post
vinnieza
post Feb 27 2004, 09:16 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 850

i think you have to click create a new theme, instead of just edit the pics? or did you do this?

+Quote Post
J-man
post Feb 28 2004, 01:49 PM
Post #5

Yeah tried that as wel when i click creat new theme you will have a default theme right ? Well i do and when i change the walls of that one and save it everythings seems normale but after i put it on the p900 the walls are not there. I am going to try some more. But if anyone can help please.

+Quote Post
storm016
post Mar 5 2004, 06:13 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 6597

:ban: I have the same problem . J-man if you find out tell me .

+Quote Post
Carlsb3rg
post Mar 5 2004, 07:51 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 12

well.. after further testing, I noticed that if you save the FO and FC wallpapers in .pgn , they should appear on the phone.

+Quote Post
Vicoyski
post Mar 5 2004, 08:24 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 4152

:wow: I just found out the solution to the VITO Thememaker problem of backgrounds not appearing...

Things that you'll have to remember:
1. Don't save your theme until after you're absolutely sure that it's complete and will require no more editing. This will prevent the problem, since no filename replacements will have occurred after you save the theme.
2. If by chance, you need to edit or replace a background, button or titlebar after you've already saved your theme... Well, you'll need to save the new items under the same names you used in the theme, before using them to replace the old items on your theme.

Now, go ahead and see if this works... :angel:

This post has been edited by Vicoyski: Mar 5 2004, 08:25 AM

+Quote Post
vinnieza
post Mar 5 2004, 09:16 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

is there a fix to this in the new verson?

+Quote Post
Vicoyski
post Mar 5 2004, 09:42 AM
Post #10

@vinnieza: The new version doesn't have a fix for the problem... I'm using the new version and it still happens. I just discovered (by accident) that when replacing an old item on an already saved theme, I need to use the exact same filename in order for the new item to appear. ^_^

+Quote Post
Patrick
post Mar 5 2004, 10:00 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 3

1. Don't save your theme until after you're absolutely sure that it's complete and will require no more editing. This will prevent the problem, since no filename replacements will have occurred after you save the theme.
2. If by chance, you need to edit or replace a background, button or titlebar after you've already saved your theme... Well, you'll need to save the new items under the same names you used in the theme, before using them to replace the old items on your theme.

That is quite helpful :good: does that apply to the wallpapers only or does it apply to everything (statusbar, etc.)?

+Quote Post
Vicoyski
post Mar 5 2004, 08:51 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (expert_21 @ Mar 6 2004, 03:00 AM)

That is quite helpful :good: does that apply to the wallpapers only or does it apply to everything (statusbar, etc.)?

Yup! It applies to everything, including the statusbars and buttons. ;)

This post has been edited by Vicoyski: Mar 5 2004, 08:53 PM

+Quote Post
storm016
post Mar 6 2004, 03:11 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 6597

unfortunately my vito did not seem to respond to your solutions . In fact he keeps deleting the upper status bar in FO every time I reopen the theme along with no background in the phone .
:offtopic: I think I should burn the labtop.

+Quote Post
vinnieza
post Mar 6 2004, 03:15 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

make sure all your file names for your pics are different for example make sure you don't have 2 wallpapers (flip and non flip), and second try putting a 1 on the end of all your file names.

just a wild guess, but it may work?

+Quote Post
Vicoyski
post Mar 6 2004, 05:42 AM
Post #15

@vinnieza: Unfortunately, saving an edited finename with an extension of 1, 2 and so on, will increase the theme's size as it doesn't delete the older item in the theme.

@storm 016: Make sure that the edited item is saved in the exact same name as the older item. You may then proceed to delete the old item in the theme and set the new file. The background doesn't appear on your phone 'cuz you set a new background with a different filename than was originally set.

Apparently, it's important to take note of the filenames of the graphic items you create. In that way, should you wanna make some changes to the theme after saving, you can edit the items and save them under exact same filenames. You may then set them into the theme.

This post has been edited by Vicoyski: Mar 6 2004, 05:50 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 04:19 PM