Closed TopicStart new topic
> DJ Of The Month, ...April: idias_1
christina86
post Dec 31 2013, 02:47 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 1844784

Hello everyone and welcome to this new thread.

What are the requirements for being awarded as DJ of the month?
You gather points each time you participate and win a trophy during the past month.

How many points do you get each time you participate and win trophies?
For each participation you get 2 points.
Gold winner gets 10 points.
Silver winner gets 6 points.
Bronze winner gets 4 points.

What are your benefits for being selected as the DJ of the month?
You will be able to share your m9 uploads with us.
All the other m9ers will be able to get to know you better by asking questions about you, your experience about mixing, etc.
You will select one of the topics that will run during the next month.

Hope you are as excited about this as I am. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

See ya soon!

Dec 13 - idias_1
Jan 14 - bratvany
Feb 14 - srimunnamunna
Mar 14 - bratvany

This post has been edited by christina86: Mar 31 2014, 05:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepDreams
post Dec 31 2013, 04:15 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Gifted DJ
Member No.: 8461561

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) That sounds exciting.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) Great idea Christy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
hunky_guy
post Dec 31 2013, 07:05 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Legendary DJ
Member No.: 5917389

Wow...what a cool idea Christy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)
well done ...it sounds interesting , surely it can motivate members (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) , i really excited tnx a lot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif)

This post has been edited by hunky_guy: Dec 31 2013, 07:10 AM

+Quote Post
christina86
post Jan 1 2014, 06:56 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

DJ of December is....

(IMG:http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2217/2217652n37jbnbg2w.gif)

idias_1 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

idy feel free to share your uploads here with us and get ready for bunch of questions.

Also PM me for the topic you would like to have in one of the next RC weeks.

Congrats (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
povilius
post Jan 1 2014, 08:11 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Certified DJ
Member No.: 2553824

Excited to see if this motivation works on me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Really glad to see the innovations in RC, especially when it is done in such a suitable time, wish more of them in 2014! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

@ Idy - BIG congrats bro, good job, keep it up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/walkman.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
TBaco
post Jan 1 2014, 01:35 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9729151

Ok soooo, finally Christy, you've been able free up space on the interview chair! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)
And we're havin' a recently promoted member here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
So, Idy bro, some questions for you:
1) After havin' been promoted as legendary DJ, do you feel that you have personally made progress as compared to the first time you entered RC?
2) How do you feel now that you are at the peak of success? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
3) Who were the people who inspired you in your works and who were the "active agents" in helpin' you to create such awesome things?
4) Up to now, which ringtone(s) of yours you consider to be your masterpiece? What were the different parts used to make it/them? How much time did you devote in makin' it/them?
5) Do you think that K-Pop is very well known worldwide?
6) What would you do to promote K-Pop? (Apart from makin' ringtones of course)
7) What do you think are the powers of music?
8) How would you use music to promote peace, for e.g. in trying to settle down political tensions or bloodshed?
9) Do you think that women are making progress in the domain of music: Worldwide and in your country?
10) Have you ever tried to make ringtones of other types (Apart from dubstep)? Would you share them with us? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)
For now it's enough...I'll see if I have time for some more...

This post has been edited by TBaco: Jan 1 2014, 01:47 PM

+Quote Post
hunky_guy
post Jan 2 2014, 04:42 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 5917389

Congratulations Idy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) well done bro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)
@Povy : haha yeah hope it work on u to see u around more often (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
@Teenou : Nice start with ur questions (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
idias_1
post Jan 3 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: RC Manager
Member No.: 3896707

WoW! .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

A really BIG surprise here ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I don't know if i'm even qualified ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I'm no DJ , i always tell maybe i can be a music / song editor ( ie editing songs to be a ringtone .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )

There are many more talented persons here who are more gifted in this field eg Pantoflica, Christy, Bratvany, Thumpy, Reed, Amdo ... just to mentioned a few whom mixes are just that have an X-factor

in them that make others like me wish i can do the same .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

I think they can be featured here more than me .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

And also others who are very serious in mixing with great softwares ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) ( I only use the simple WAVEPAD in all my mixes .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i think i can be catogarize as a very lazy person (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

But since Christy has put me in a VERY HOT seat , i guessed i have to suffer in silence ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif)

Thanks Christy for giving me the FIRST ever DJ of the month ( though i still think i'm not qualified ) and all for your congrats .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

@ Teenou - You are really enjoying this moment to torture me with all those questions don't you .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rifle.gif)

Ok here goes .....

1. I think i've definitely made progress as compared to the first ever mix that i made but i'm still learning from others by listening to their style and mixing techniques. With Wavepad you can't do much

as it is a very simple mixing tool. That's why i'm experimenting mixing instrumentals with acapella nowadays ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

2. I don't think i'm at the peak right now, if i can compose my own tune then maybe i can consider to be at the peak .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

3. I don't think i've created any awesome things ... and yes there are people here in RC who have help me a lot patiencely teaching me the art of mixing ( most of them are legends in their own right ). They have my thanks and respect from the bottom of my heart.

4. I consider all my ringtones submitted for RC are masterpiece ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) but if i have to choose it has to be Dangdut Party . I think i used 5 songs and it took me 3 days to make it .

5. I think K-pop is getting more attention from all parts of the world thanks to PSY Gangnam style .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) which has penetrated to the US and Europe.

6. Mobile 9 and RC are very good platforms to promote any kinds of music be it K-pop or not and with my limitations that's all that i can do. Unless of course if i'm a well known DJ .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

7. The power of music are limitless. People say music is the food for the mind and soul. And i think its true. Increase the rythm it makes you happy, slows it down it soothes your mind, slows it further it affects your mood etc.

8. Music is the universal language for humans. And it has proven with the song ' We are the world '. With the right lyrics it unites people.

9. Women definitely have made big progress in music industry world wide. Nowadays there are many well known female singers, musicians, DJs etc all over.

10. Yes i do make other types of ringtones. Check this Bollywood, Hardstyle, Jazz

Lastly thanks all for giving me this opportunity ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

+Quote Post
DeepDreams
post Jan 4 2014, 02:40 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 8461561

Big Congrats to u Idy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) truly deserved (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
And u played the first round of questions nicely too.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Now i'd like to ask u how do u start ur mix, that is how u proceed after getting the topic of the week? And also what do u consider the most important part while mixing, having perfect transitions, or matching lyrics, or tempo, or doing something unique, etc? You can tell us as much u can without revealing ur mixing secrets..or u might reveal some too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Lastly, keep up the good work bro! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
idias_1
post Jan 4 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Thanks so much Deep ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

I always follow the tried and tested method of doing things. Plan, Do, Check, Action.

After the week's theme has been established, i follow the planning stage - Looking for songs that fit the theme and determining the concept of the mix.

The Do stage - Making the mix itself.

The Check stage - To listen if the mix goes smoothly and within the right concept. I always do this by leaving the computer and stop listening for an hour or two, then came back and listen to check for flaws and do fine tuning.

The action stage - Posting my mix for the challenge.

Perfect transition and creating something unique is very important so that your mix STAND OUT from the others which i always strive to do. But yeah with WAVY there's only much that i can do can't i? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I don't have any mixing secrets though, just following what's seasoned DJs posted in the mixing thread .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) and i think a good listening / appreciation of music is important too.

Sorry i'm not very good with words. Don't mind with my choice of word .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif)

It has been a very long time since i've written so much .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hope this torture ends soon ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
TBaco
post Jan 5 2014, 07:41 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 9729151

Very wise answers from you dear!
But, don't you think you are leavin' us too soon? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil2.gif)
We're not done with you yet! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
11) Do you think that you can start mixin' using another program?
12) Have you ever posted a ringtone for RC and later decided to discard and do another one cuz you were not satisfied? Do you remember which entry was it?
13) What do you consider to be the most important in a song: the music, the beats or vocals?
14) Would you do a mix with only the element that you have chosen above?
15) Can I know why you have chosen a girl for your siggy and ava? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil2.gif) Cuz I was tricked for soooo loooonnnngggg;believing that you were my sista! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
16) Have you ever done a mix with your own voice? Would you mind sharin' it/them with us?
17) Do you believe that you can become a prominent member of the music industry, like, a second Psy? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)
18) Whom (any M9 Member) would you choose to do a collaboration?
19) Do you think M9 is doing enough as a promoter of music?
20) Would you agree to take up the post of RC manager if granted to you? What would be your goals? What would you do to try to improve the current position of RC?

+Quote Post
christina86
post Jan 5 2014, 05:26 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Yeee we have some action here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

You only have to "blame" yourself about this idy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(Forgot to mention the weeks taken into account were 349 to 353)

+Quote Post
srimunnamunna
post Jan 7 2014, 11:28 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 3519269

this is really exciting christy...

congrats idy bro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
idias_1
post Jan 8 2014, 04:13 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

@ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rifle.gif) Teenou (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gun_bandana1.gif)

You really are enjoying it don't you .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Christy .... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp!!! .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/crybaby.gif)

11. I think i can mix with any kind of program, i tried with FL studio but i kinda stop using it cause i find it not user-friendly ... i mean Idy-friendly .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

12. As a matter of fact there is one RC entry that i discard and do another one after being advised by then co-RC manager, dear Pantoflica .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

This is the Entry for week 148 that i submitted and of course the discarded one i've deleted it .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

13. I think all three elements complement each other to make the song. Without vocal is ok but its bets if all three elements are there .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

14. I think i've made a mix with only one of the element 9 vocal). Listen to THIS ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

15. I think the female human form is the most beautiful creation that God has invented ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) and i'm only appreciating God's work .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

16. Yes i have . Listen to this and try to figure which is my voice .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Don't Care , 2012 Beautiful Remix.

17. I don't think so, I'm just a Nobody ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

18. I like this question .. . There's a few of them .. Thump_rockstar, Reed31 and Christina86. I like their mixing style .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

19. M9 has definitely done great with promoting music with the Ringtone Challenge so far .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) especially so when there's DJ Showdown a few years back. How i wish it be revived back soon.

20. Christy has done a magnificient job as Manager of RC and i admired her for handling this post so perfectly. It is a very hard work and i think Christy should get an assistant for her or a co-manager

like previously when Pantoflica aka Jasmine was here.And yes RC has been quite quiet these few weeks and a revival should be plan to make it like when it was at its peak few months ago.By that we need all

all the help from all respected RC DJs... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

I dead beat right now cracking my head to answer you Teenou ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Hope i've answered all your questions ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

@ Sri - Thanks so much bro ...

This post has been edited by idias_1: Jan 8 2014, 04:26 AM

+Quote Post
Bratvany
post Jan 8 2014, 02:34 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 3506406

(IMG:http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1044/1044578lc6sxz35b5.gif) Idy bro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

Too bad that MOS Group is closed..i would love it to pick some of the interesting questions from the interview thread for you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Bratvany: Jan 8 2014, 02:40 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 03:07 AM