Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pay With Molpoints, Better File Checking, About The Team, Download Count
ArthurWill
post Oct 15 2012, 12:08 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

Howdy M9ers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

We have been little busy in the gym pumping good stuff up for you. Let's take a look at four major workout recently. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/showoff.gif)

1. Pay With MOLPoints
One major request when we launched premium features a while ago is support payment other than PayPal and VISA/Mastercard. We are glad that the wait is over! We now also support payment using MOLPoints, a service that's widely supported in the world especially Asia.

(IMG:http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/456336_392603530808583_605373356_o.jpg)

In addition, to thank you for your patience, we also do 20% additional discount for those of you from countries where PayPal isn't widely supported. Go grab some credits before the discount is over!

2. Smart File Checking For Themes & Softwares
All community based on user-generated content (i.e. YouTube, Flickr, Pinterest etc) have issue with duplicate files. M9 is no different. We have relied on people to report in forums, report using button in file page and report via email. In addition to those, we're now trying a new method of detecting duplicate file. From now on, when someone tried to upload a file that's already in our gallery, they will get an error with a link to the original file. It's currently beta and thus only applicable to themes & softwares.

(IMG:http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/430076_392605270808409_558736542_n.jpg)

You can try it yourself. Try to upload this file (a sample theme by Princeabid) into the C3 theme category. You will get the error shown above. This type of smart checking only works for themes/softwares uploaded to the gallery starting from Sept this year.

3. People In The Gym
There are real humans behind everything you see here on M9. Every color, every features, every app and every posts on Facebook/Twitter are carefully crafted by members of the team. In addition to senior & junior admins, contest managers, there are some that you don't know. They are now featured in the new about us page.

4. Download Count
You are seeing a fresh drop in the total download count in your profile today because we removed "fake downloads". We have identified some fake downloads which include same person downloading same file multiple time in succession and thus act on it.

Okie that's all about the updates, stay tuned M9ers. More awesome stuff coming up, including one big release that you guys have been asking since the launch of V6 last year! And it will be free for all!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

This post has been edited by aliciawwp: Nov 2 2012, 03:01 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iffat_rais
post Oct 15 2012, 02:45 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Gone
Member No.: 3673667

wow!! that is some real work done!! congratulations patricia (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) so happy to know that from now on we wont get to see our files being uploaded again by someone else!! thank u for all the effort dear!! good luck! tc... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
christina86
post Oct 15 2012, 02:42 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 1844784

Great new stuff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
RandyMabius
post Oct 15 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 8023109

Wow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) these new updates are great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Oct 15 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

@iffat_rais @christina86 @RandyMabius
Thanks guys! Glad you find them good. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Oct 15 2012, 11:20 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: WPC Manager
Member No.: 5059374

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Oct 15 2012, 09:08 PM) *

All community based on user-generated content (i.e. YouTube, Flickr, Pinterest etc) have issue with duplicate files. M9 is no different. We have relied on people to report in forums, report using button in file page and report via email. In addition to those, we're now trying a new method of detecting duplicate file. From now on, when someone tried to upload a file that's already in our gallery, they will get an error with a link to the original file. It's currently beta and thus only applicable to themes & softwares.

(IMG:http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/430076_392605270808409_558736542_n.jpg)

You can try it yourself. Try to upload this file (a sample theme by Princeabid) into the C3 theme category. You will get the error shown above. This type of smart checking only works for themes/softwares uploaded to the gallery starting from Sept this year.

Hello! It is, of course, excellent. But, when at IMSAGI there were problems with theme loading on a site and I have tried to load a theme which I yet сдела, I have received such message and the reference to absolutely other theme. Now I receive message an error 22.

+Quote Post
manjuraja
post Oct 16 2012, 12:12 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 8089904

I have some other problems!!! My downloads decreased from 68.2 M to 46.6 M. Duplicate download count of 12M? Is it possible?

I have uploaded a file on 13th Oct( three days before)
Here is the link Access Apps

But my file is still in my gallery and not yet posted to the S^3 gallery. But the same file uploaded by Vinelma is there in the S^3 gallery and he had uploaded a day later, on 14th Oct! Why no filteration?Link!. How is this possible? And how it is posted in the published list omitting my upload?

Any way I respect your hardwork! Keep up the good work !

This post has been edited by manjuraja: Oct 16 2012, 12:16 AM

+Quote Post
anabhi
post Oct 16 2012, 12:15 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Gone
Member No.: 13903188

this is really nice update for m9
cuz it's will reduce spam

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Oct 16 2012, 01:53 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

@anabhi
Thanks mate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

QUOTE (Galina53 @ Oct 16 2012, 02:20 PM) *
Hello! It is, of course, excellent. But, when at IMSAGI there were problems with theme loading on a site and I have tried to load a theme which I yet сдела, I have received such message and the reference to absolutely other theme. Now I receive message an error 22.

Can you please email me the details to check? The usual thing you email me when you get error = file, all previews, screenshot before upload (so that we can replicate exact title, folder, description etc that you have entered), and the link in the message (that you said is a reference to absolutely non other theme).

QUOTE (manjuraja @ Oct 16 2012, 03:12 PM) *
I have some other problems!!! My downloads decreased from 68.2 M to 46.6 M. Duplicate download count of 12M? Is it possible?

I have uploaded a file on 13th Oct( three days before)
Here is the link Access Apps

But my file is still in my gallery and not yet posted to the S^3 gallery. But the same file uploaded by Vinelma is there in the S^3 gallery and he had uploaded a day later, on 14th Oct! Why no filteration?Link!. How is this possible? And how it is posted in the published list omitting my upload?

Yes it is possible because it counts the download from start until finish. M9 received over 150 million downloads per month.

As for files uploaded not appearing in gallery even through another person's file already appear = it has nothing to do with other person. Each file is unique. Some files get trapped in the validation queue because they got flagged (I cannot tell you the exact mechanism we use to trap files else bad people will exploit that). So if you upload files on Friday or weekend, it's more likely to get trapped because on weekends we have a lot more uploads than on weekday. Also we don't have as many gallery mod on weekend. So there a delay. You can upload on Mon to Thurs if you really dislike files get trapped.

+Quote Post
manjuraja
post Oct 16 2012, 02:52 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 8089904

Thank you Arthurwill!! Other than this everything is so perfectly crafted! Well done M9 team!! Keep up the good work!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Oct 16 2012, 03:04 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: WPC Manager
Member No.: 5059374

@ArthurWill, No, at present I can not. When I have received this message and have looked at the reference, I did not need to load a theme, it was not ready. I, simply, have sent a screenshot with the message to IMSAGI.

(IMG:http://i.imgur.com/Qfv4P.png)

Now I need to load a theme on a site into memory about Xailin,but I cannot make it. It is necessary for me to make it till October, 22nd. I hope that you to me will help to make it.

+Quote Post
shaon007009
post Oct 16 2012, 08:53 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 5150223

Looks M9 made another milestone... Congratulations... This will stop leachers for sure.. But I think we will still need the "Report stolen item" thread.. Only for reporting stolen elements in themes.. Hope someday leachers will understand that M9 doesn't tolerate their activities and they'll do anything to stop them.. Thanks M9 team for that so much.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

This post has been edited by shaon007009: Oct 17 2012, 02:27 AM

+Quote Post
pink_sky
post Oct 16 2012, 10:42 AM
Post #13

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 13018856

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Oct 15 2012, 01:08 AM) *

We have been little busy in the gym pumping good stuff up for you. Let's take a look at four major workout recently. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/showoff.gif)

1. Pay With MOLPoints
One major request when we launched premium features a while ago is support payment other than PayPal and VISA/Mastercard. We are glad that the wait is over! We now also support payment using MOLPoints, a service that's widely supported in the world especially Asia.

(IMG:http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/456336_392603530808583_605373356_o.jpg)

In addition, to thank you for your patience, we also do 20% additional discount for those of you from countries where PayPal isn't widely supported. Go grab some credits before the discount is over!

3. People In The Gym
There are real humans behind everything you see here on M9. Every color, every features, every app and every posts on Facebook/Twitter are carefully crafted by members of the team. In addition to senior & junior admins, contest managers, there are some that you don't know. They are now featured in the new about us page.

4. Download Count
You are seeing a fresh drop in the total download count in your profile today because we removed "fake downloads". We have identified some fake downloads which include same person downloading same file multiple time in succession and thus act on it.

Okie that's all about the updates, stay tuned M9ers. More awesome stuff coming up, including one big release that you guys have been asking since the launch of V6 last year! And it will be free for all!

Excellent work Patricia (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) You said in your post that you removed all "Fake downloads" in our downloads counts Right?So It's mean that Our downloads never restore?Am i right?

This post has been edited by pink_sky: Oct 16 2012, 10:51 AM

+Quote Post
pink_sky
post Oct 16 2012, 10:48 AM
Post #14

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 13018856

QUOTE (iffat_rais @ Oct 15 2012, 03:45 AM) *
wow!! that is some real work done!! congratulations patricia (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) so happy to know that from now on we wont get to see our files being uploaded again by someone else!! thank u for all the effort dear!! good luck! tc... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)
Hmmm Rais you're ri8 but i am different kind of person (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) if i am legendery themer like thabull,privmavera and other users uploaded my themes multipal times on m9 then i get happy and not sad or angry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Aeronitor
post Oct 17 2012, 07:02 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Dedicated Artist
Member No.: 12319787

Its AWESOME !!! The New ABOUT PAGE is Super Cool !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)
m9 is the best site ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rockon.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) eep Rocking Staff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 03:08 PM