IPB
28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feedback / Suggestions, Here you are allowed to b**** at us...
luvfist
post Dec 5 2010, 06:42 AM
Post #16

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 5724862

QUOTE (CrazEric @ Dec 5 2010, 06:26 AM) *
@ luvfist - yes I dont think we need originals for a sig challenge. And it wont be fair to ask for it now in the middle of the contest. But if you or anyone else want to post the image original(s) than thats ok. If you think it can help you decide who to vote for then I dont see a problem with it. However we're not going to tell people now that they must post the originals. We'll leave it up to each individual to decide if it will benefit them or not.

yes craz contest is better like this i think so there is no need of original(s) as mother said.
so i agree with both of you.
thanks for information. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RaganorK
post Dec 6 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #17

Group: Members
Member No.: 7191293

Well well... First congrats to CrazEric and your_mother to open up a new competition arena... I just went through the whole thread.. But felt something missing.. There is no guidelines on how to create the Designs and where.. This something which i felt strongly needed here for the freshers (like me). I dont know from where to start (and how) but i am very excited to take the participation.. I think you should take care of this as early as possible..

MAY THE DESIGN CHALLENGE CREATE HISTORY IN UPCOMING WEEKS !!!!

+Quote Post
CrazEric
post Dec 6 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 4988836

Thanks Raganork (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "guidelines" and "where".
If you mean tutorials then no, we will definitely not have a tutorial section.
We will be doing lots of different kinds of designs and if we had to write tutorials for each type of topic first it would take years to finish. In some cases we will link to tutorials if we have them but mostly it is up to each individual to learn how to use the imaging program of their choice. The skills/techniques and software you need are the same as those used for the TMC, STC and WPC – the only difference is that we will be applying those to things that don’t fit into the M9 galleries
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
RaganorK
post Dec 7 2010, 04:57 AM
Post #19

QUOTE (CrazEric @ Dec 7 2010, 02:04 AM) *
We will be doing lots of different kinds of designs and if we had to write tutorials for each type of topic first it would take years to finish. In some cases we will link to tutorials if we have them but mostly it is up to each individual to learn how to use the imaging program of their choice. The skills/techniques and software you need are the same as those used for the TMC, STC and WPC – the only difference is that we will be applying those to things that don’t fit into the M9 galleries

ya.. thats what i was asking.. a little 'tutorial' to 'from-where-to get-start'... i mean, which software to use, what things to keep in mind while creating the designs, do's and dont's, etc etc.. well at least the newcomer will get some hints to how to just kick off their mission, instead of just getting confused and searching everywhere.. (i hope you are getting what i wanna say)..

+Quote Post
your_mother
post Dec 7 2010, 06:45 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 2505090

QUOTE (RaganorK @ Dec 7 2010, 12:57 PM) *
QUOTE (CrazEric @ Dec 7 2010, 02:04 AM) *

ya.. thats what i was asking.. a little 'tutorial' to 'from-where-to get-start'... i mean, which software to use, what things to keep in mind while creating the designs, do's and dont's, etc etc.. well at least the newcomer will get some hints to how to just kick off their mission, instead of just getting confused and searching everywhere.. (i hope you are getting what i wanna say)..

Well, as Eric already said: "The skills/techniques and software you need are the same as those used for the TMC, STC and WPC". The most often used programms for design are Photoshop and Gimp, but it's really your choice. There are many options... As for do's and dont's that depends on the topic. I can only quote Eric agian here: "if we had to write tutorials for each type of topic first it would take years to finish". If you have no idea about Photoshop or Gimp at all it would be best to read some beginner tutorials first. Just put "Photoshop Beginner Tutorial" in Google and you will find millions of those. For more detailed information we will try to provide informations when the topic starts. And if there's a very specific question we will try to answer it ourselfes... M9 has a Tutorial Section also, HERE. And I'm sure the people of Hazard Blue would gladly answer questions regarding any Design. Other than that the internet has a ton of information about everything, so I'm sure with a bit of interest it's possible to figure the rest out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
RaganorK
post Dec 7 2010, 07:32 AM
Post #21

okay.... got that... will not torture you again... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
CrazEric
post Dec 8 2010, 07:38 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Raganork - I was reading a tutorial last night about something we will be doing in an upcoming challenge – once you’ve worked through that tut I think you should be able to master all the other types of design challenges. But more on that when we get to that specific challenge (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Everyone – we are looking for ways to make the theme and wallpaper challenges "different" from the other contests – if you have any suggestions about that please share them here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
sp0rtskiller03
post Dec 8 2010, 08:48 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 2678012

i have a suggestion on how we can help in the TMC and STC.

every 2 weeks there's a topic in TMC and STC, since we make wallpapers, why don't we make a wallpapers for their idle screen depending on their topic of the week.

+Quote Post
your_mother
post Dec 8 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (sp0rtskiller03 @ Dec 8 2010, 04:48 PM) *
i have a suggestion on how we can help in the TMC and STC.

every 2 weeks there's a topic in TMC and STC, since we make wallpapers, why don't we make a wallpapers for their idle screen depending on their topic of the week.

I actually like the idea very much. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) Could make a very nice topic. I think we will wait a little while longer with making Wallpapers, we don't wanna interrupt WPC, but I can defently imagine to do that one day.

+Quote Post
sp0rtskiller03
post Dec 8 2010, 05:44 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 2678012

hehehe. glad u like my idea mom.

+Quote Post
mylaraghav
post Dec 13 2010, 05:56 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 6223840

mom and eric

dear onces one small suggestion , better dont close the entry thread as the contest ended

please give time till the voting thread expires so that we can share our thoughts the in last thread about voting , whether you have got our votes perfectly or not

like that dear

+Quote Post
your_mother
post Dec 13 2010, 06:02 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

I closed this thread because I find all the "voted" comments a little senseless. If there's somebody who didn't vote until three or four hours before the voting thread closes I will send a reminder to that person. Let's see what Eric thinks, though, if he'd like to keep the Topic Thread open until voting ended I won't object... Doesn't matter that much to me.

+Quote Post
mylaraghav
post Dec 13 2010, 06:55 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 6223840

Thanx for the reply mom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

Waiting for eric (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_type.gif)

This post has been edited by mylaraghav: Dec 13 2010, 06:52 AM

+Quote Post
CrazEric
post Dec 13 2010, 09:16 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

Ok I dont have a problem with keeping it open if that's what most participants would like (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
So let's hear a few more comments from the other particpants ...
if most would like it to stay open then we'll leave it open in the future challenges (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

wait for input from other participants ... tick-tock, tick-tock

+Quote Post
findgirl45
post Dec 14 2010, 04:34 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 3412794

ya the topic thread stay opened until the results r announced.imho

+Quote Post