Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TMC Discussions
magicas1
post May 5 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #226

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 6466040

I just wanted to say a few words Thabull .lia I agree with you 100% why change something that is already very good.TMC is a unique chance for all themers here in M9 to meet and have fun and learn from eachother no matter what phone or program is used and what if someone wants to compete with a blackberry theme? And its a competition and all can not win ! competitions are not to be easy then its not competition.

When i joined TMC I saw all wonderful themes and thought oh no I cant be here all are so good but I did and have learned a lot on the way from both nokia and se themers and thats the fun.If the competition is split the fun goe away and then it becomes a competition in wich themes are technically the best and who can master the program best .I dont think such a competition will attract so many new M9 ers to join.

And now nokia themers have 2 competitions to join thats fantastic to be able to do so
TMC has been running like this since 2003 so why change the winning horse
keep it at it is

thanks for the word
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post May 5 2011, 09:06 PM
Post #227

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

Like a lot of you have mentioned, TMC is set up as a platform for themers to get together, make new friends, gather/give feedback, improve skills & have fun. TMC is also famous for its variety ... we want it to be the gathering place for themers, regardless of which platform/phone they make themes for.

There is no plan to change TMC. We try to make it as good as we can but we cannot satisfy everyone. So please remember that you have the choice - to join or not to join. If you do join, take it as what it is. I can only say if you stick around, you will soon realise that there is no better place to be in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

+Quote Post
Galina53
post May 5 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #228

Group Icon

Group: WPC Manager
Member No.: 5059374

@magicas1, My dear Mary!I'm talking about voting in the two streams-separately for themes SE and Nokia. I think it would be better because people will have an incentive to participate in the contest.I see that today the number of topics worthy of winning a lot more than the number of prizes. Who is going to be bad, if you choose 12 themes, rather than 6? Community remains, the theme from you, no one will hide. You will be able to study further. Perhaps the number of participants will only more.I do not see anything wrong! If these rules exist in 2003, it-does not mean that nothing should be changed.

This post has been edited by Galina53: May 5 2011, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post
Galina53
post May 5 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #229

Group Icon

Group: WPC Manager
Member No.: 5059374

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ May 5 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Like a lot of you have mentioned, TMC is set up as a platform for themers to get together, make new friends, gather/give feedback, improve skills & have fun. TMC is also famous for its variety ... we want it to be the gathering place for themers, regardless of which platform/phone they make themes for.

There is no plan to change TMC. We try to make it as good as we can but we cannot satisfy everyone. So please remember that you have the choice - to join or not to join. If you do join, take it as what it is. I can only say if you stick around, you will soon realise that there is no better place to be in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

Thank you! You are right -choice there is! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) But I know many who refuse to take part in TMC it for those reasons that I listed. And this is sad!Read the first post in this thread...This issue was in 2009.If you add the top places, people will be even more fun! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Galina53: May 6 2011, 01:39 PM

+Quote Post
shaon007009
post Jun 16 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #230

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 5150223

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ May 6 2011, 10:06 AM) *

This is so late to reply.. But still I like to say something.. TMC is like a home to me... Will you like to see a separation in your home.??? I learned theme making here... So I never consider this as contest.. I consider it like my school... Where I meet new friends, learn new things and sometimes get rewards for my good result.. That's all... I never liked to leave my school in real... Because in school what you learn or what time you pass is the best time in your life in my opinion... So why separation...??? You can say some classes.. I consider them as our ranks (RT, GT, CT & LT)... But after LT, why leave..??? No, You can stuck with it somehow (Visiting, sometime joining, commenting).... I'll never support separation here...

Thanks to AW for her wise decision... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

+Quote Post
Aleena143
post Nov 1 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #231

Group Icon

Group: Certified Designer
Member No.: 5001715

hi everyone,i need some suggestions,

i think i'll ask here..

just now i seen my results in TMC, im really upset..i get only 8 votes...im not that much good in theming but still want to know that , is im making any mistakes in making my theme..or in choosing wally, my barwork or anything.

bcos im new for SE theme making..i started doing it bcos i love to design... i love to make those barworks..thatswhy i started doing SE.

but im really getting very very less votes for my theme after i started doing SE theme.

before in nokia i didnt had ths much less.

pls suggest r advice me..if u find mistakes in my making of SE themes.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Aleena143: Nov 1 2011, 02:11 AM

+Quote Post
hopeless19
post Nov 1 2011, 07:35 AM
Post #232

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 8635489

Aleena
That is very much frustrating I know, I got 8 and 9 votes in two TMCs in a row, those were even lesser than that of my first TMC entry... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
But, in my honest opinion, you are really on the right track... In every theme you are improving, I can clearly see that. And I think other SE themers also agree with me... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I can only suggest you one think (if I may), try to observe as many SE themes as you can in your phone (in the case if you don't have any SE mobile, then the previews of the themes, or you can open them in your Themes Creator), I think this will help you to be more perfect...
And don't get frustrated my friend, You're really great at designing, I am sure we will see so many great themes from you in near future... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

+Quote Post
thabull
post Nov 1 2011, 11:44 AM
Post #233

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 613363

aleena dear......
hopeless already made a right point... no need to get frustrated..... sometimes we create a very good theme, sometimes we don't (talking about the artistic part). sometime we get more votes, sometimes we get less...the strange thing would be if we always got the same amount of votes... don't you think.
you may think that i'm taling from a "strong" position, but things are not different for me....
getting few votes doesn't mean that you do something wrong...... it just means that most of the people liked some other themes in this particular contest.... that's all.....
i'm not that expert in SE theming, but the general idea is always the same... it's just the trends that are different in SE, s40 s60v3 and touch phones.... nothing more
all u have to do, as hopeless very well told you, is to observe, to imagine, to create, to get inspired..... votes will come and go.... what really matters is to imperove yourself as a theme maker in your own eyes......
the rest will follow.....

+Quote Post
anulubi
post Nov 1 2011, 12:18 PM
Post #234

Group Icon

Member No.: 7411203

@aleena,
you are improving day by day.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
you got the right word from great themers, nothing more to say (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
liapireas
post Nov 3 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #235

Group Icon

Member No.: 5536126

Aleena I'm sorry you are so upset about the voting ...
Great points Alex and hopeless !!!
Just remember we are not born to be great themers, practicing, observating good themers and themes, trying new styles and techniques can make you be better us a themer ... you are on the right path in my eyes you just need more time to improve more !

+Quote Post
nazarenko
post Nov 3 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #236

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 6645309

Aleena!
it is not necessary to be disordered, my expensive! you have wonderful works that deserve attention! each of us has the taste, and if small voices appeared for you, then it does not mean that you are a bad designer. someone was better simply. I hope you got it right me!
we wait your new wonderful works! successes!

+Quote Post
Aleena143
post Nov 4 2011, 02:11 AM
Post #237

Group Icon

Group: Certified Designer
Member No.: 5001715

THANKYOU so much all ur response for my msg,

Actually voting is not a problem,i really dnt know to judge my theme myself..

thatswhy i wanted advices frm u all and i got it now..

@ hopeless bro, thanks a lot for ur advice..i'll try to do that...actually i ve very lil time..but i'll do it .thanks again

@ alex bro: thankyou so much bro..for ur boosting words and suggestions..i'll follow it.

@ anu bro.thanks a lot.i'll.

@ lia: thnka lia for ur time and for ur suggestions.i'll try to do my best.

@ nazar: thankyou so much dear.for ur words.i'll do it.

thanks again all my friends.

+Quote Post
taghytotty
post Nov 29 2011, 03:36 AM
Post #238

Group Icon

Member No.: 7483764

I m realy happy 4 anu. he realy have a great great talent .. but must say i wud love if he took lia,s suggestion under real consideration ..

her every remark was perfectly for z best of tht remarcable theme in my opinion ..

and for z record i dd vote anu as veryyyyyyy good .. still wish to say wht i,v just said ..hope i m not at all offending ..

+Quote Post
liapireas
post Dec 1 2011, 08:38 AM
Post #239

Group Icon

Member No.: 5536126

QUOTE (taghytotty @ Nov 29 2011, 12:36 PM) *
I m realy happy 4 anu. he realy have a great great talent .. but must say i wud love if he took lia,s suggestion under real consideration ..

her every remark was perfectly for z best of tht remarcable theme in my opinion ..

and for z record i dd vote anu as veryyyyyyy good .. still wish to say wht i,v just said ..hope i m not at all offending ..

Well my sweet Taghy, thanks a lot for the comment .... you are always very sweet with me !
I personally don't think you are offensive at all to Anu.
Seeing Anu's theme made me make a couple of suggestions ,which I thought they will make his very good theme even better,
Anu didn't have to accept them or like them of course !It's his own theme afterall and he make his theme according to his personal taste !
That's all ! See you Taghy ..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
taghytotty
post Dec 1 2011, 03:02 PM
Post #240

Group Icon

Member No.: 7483764

QUOTE (liapireas @ Dec 2 2011, 04:38 AM) *
QUOTE (taghytotty @ Nov 29 2011, 12:36 PM) *

Well my sweet Taghy, thanks a lot for the comment .... you are always very sweet with me !
I personally don't think you are offensive at all to Anu.
Seeing Anu's theme made me make a couple of suggestions ,which I thought they will make his very good theme even better,
Anu didn't have to accept them or like them of course !It's his own theme afterall and he make his theme according to his personal taste !
That's all ! See you Taghy ..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

MY God ..gotta change my username to sweet taghy ..(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
i m never sweet btw ..i only deal wz ppl z way i feel them and see them tht all ... i m not complementary person at all .. and z fact is u r a tresure to Tmc not only as very skillful themer but wz ur prefect taste and sense of art and coloring ,quality and other things too ... well dear ... i think tht Tmc should be a place for objectivity so much ... we should share opinions ..and offcourse tottaly agree tht we will never force r opinion on others ..but sumthings we should agree on few things .. like while designing ur theme ..z readbility is a challenge i m seeing many r forgetting about readbility ...when i m frst join Tmc no one wud tolerate tht ..
text shouldn,t overlap ur ur borders and ornaments ..like not less than at least 95% for example ..i see many streched bars ..but never discussed ..any way ...i got few remarks ..frm U ,naina , master yoda , sonia ,Shah , shoan and ghassemmo ..and till now they r my tresures in themes ... my lights and tht,s so true ...

and still i have a long way in themeing and wudn,t mind any kind of observation at all ..it,a always 4 z best ...and i konw anu dd,t object at all .. but i talked about anu coz damn good theme .. tht,s all ..and realy needed those corrections to be one of best themes ever ...

thnx for replying me sweetie ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) .. and see ya ^ ^

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 08:44 PM