Here is a simple guide on how to install CM7 in your Motorola Defy [/size]
Firstly i would like clear some things this mod i mean CM7 is made by Quarx and the member of xda-developers.
And secondly i am just poting how to get your CM7 tutorials so for thanking and all praise Quarx and the members of xda-developers and not me because they are the original developers who made CM7(gingerbread) available for us.
Here i go with my tutorials
- Firstly you need to have your phone charged up upto 70%
Do make backup of your apps i recommend use titanium backup for root
- Then you need to have your SBF files refer here (http://www.and-developers.com/sbf:defy) choose wisely according to your region or else you will brick your phone in some cases you can also recover from your bricked state but as you know prevention is better then cure so be alert.
- After downloading the correct SBf files you need to flash it using RSDLITE link here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=525696&d=1298502940)
- Do install motorola drivers here is the link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=525694&d=1298502477)
Make sure you run run RSDLITE in administer mode by right clicking on the RSDLITE<snipped>
- Now you need to flash your sbf using RSDLITE first switch off your phone put your phone in bootloader mode by pressing releasing power + volume up button togather while starting your phone and now run rsd lite and locate your SBF file then connect your phone with usb now click start and just sit back for a while it will take some time.
Some times the RSDlite software stucks at 100% saying manually power up this phone don't panic in this situation.Follw the below steps to get through it.
- Unplug your device make sure you keep rsd lite running
- Remove the phone's battery wait for about 5-10 seconds and put it back again
- Manually enter B/L (bootloader) mode by holding down the power + volume up button.
- Replug your phone and wait for RSDLite to recognize it and finish the remaining process.
- Shortly, you should see a successful Finished/PASS screen
- You can now Close RSDLite and safely unplug your phone.
- To get out of B/L mode, just press the power button and turn it back on again (manual reboot).
Now when your phone boots up you need to root it first of all download SuperOneClick software follow the below instruction for rooting your device.
- Install USB drivers on your PC if already not installed and restart Windows OS
- Turn off your phone and attach it to the pc start phone while the Volume Up button should be pressed.
- Connect phone with system using USB cable
- And now reboot your phone
- Go to SuperOneClick utility and run as Administrator (right click on the tool and this option will be there)
- Hit Root from the SuperOneClick GUI
- Turn USB DEBUG mode on when it says Waiting for Device by hitting Settings-Applications-Development from Defy Setting and turn on the USB DEBUG mode
- Wait until it says – Device Is Rooted
- Reboot the device and enjoy the rooted experience!
- And turn off USB DEBUG mode
Backup your phone's data using titanium backup for root utility
- Now download and Install 2nd Init Recovery Installer 1.4 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=647036&d=1309958282)
- Now download Cynogen Mod 7 (http://www.multiupload.com/IEHI338L9S)
- And copy it to your sd card
- Then download Google apps pack (http://goo-inside.me/gapps)
- Click and download gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip from there because it is recommended for Cynogen Mod 7 (CM7).
- Then download wakeup_fix.zipfrom here (http://www.mediafire.com/?25cg179jpdw040t)
Now copy all your downloaded file which you have downloaded in the above step that is cyanogen_jordan-ota-beta5.1.zip,gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip and wakeup_fix.zip to your sd card.
- Now switch off your phone and then power on your phone and wait for blue or red color led to light up then press your volume down button.
- And now your in the the boot menu from there select and enter recovery and then custom recovery and then click backup and restore option and then finally click on backup. This would backup all your data an then click reboot system now. If you don't want this backup then you can skip it.
- Now press volume down button as soon as you see the blue or red led light up then you'll go in boot menu and from there click boot and then select +set default and then click [2nd-init] then go back to the home menu and then click recovery and then custom recovery and then click wipe data/factory reset let it get complete.
- Now click install zip from sdcard and then locate your cyanogen_jordan-ota-beta5.1.zip after that it will start install as soon as install gets over again click install zip from sdcard and then locate your gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip and then let it get install and then repeat it again for your wakeup_fix.zip file.
- After that click reboot system now
And now wait for your system to boot up and congrats you have just install Cynogen Mod 7. Good Luck friends and pardon me for my posting if i am wrong somewhere this is my first blog and also my first install Cynogen Mod 7 beta 5.1 for my 1 day old Motorola Defy i was a bit curious about this Mod.
Dis Is DiSTRoBOY saying Good Bye
If you got any problem regarding dis
then feel free to contact me
you can also find me on facebook
change email snipped to gmail.com
This post has been edited by c2d22: Jul 21 2011, 10:20 AM