Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M9 Chat With Your_mother
ArthurWill
post Oct 14 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

She is on steroid! Since the day we did this interview with her, she bagged her 1st ever gold trophy in TMC! Who is she? Your beloved mummy!

(IMG:http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2921/yourmotherinterview.jpg)

Congratulations, Cornelia, for bagging yet another gold trophy in WPC last week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) It was a terrific topic. I hope your husband enjoyed it as much as we did.
He enjoyed it a lot, actually! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to do this interview with you. Peeps are waiting, shall we begin?
Yep, bring it on...

Great! For those who aren’t familiar, can you please give us a bit of background on yourself?
Hmmm... what can I tell you, that isn't against the law... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . Well, I'm a barkeeper, but lately I don't work very often anymore. Which sure is healthy for me, 'cause I drink much less then I used to. Other than that I was always interested in all kinds of arts and tried working with pretty much every material there is. Finally I got stuck with digital design. I guess that's because I suck with everything else. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) I mean something you create at the computer can't just fall apart after a few days...

Barkeeper? Can I introduce Sven (ssivic) to you? He can take all the beers for you. (IMG:http://www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Emotion-Happy/biggrin.gif)
You have a very unique username. I have seen people start calling you mom. So why your_mother?

That started when me and my husband were making short movies together. We called ourselves "Mother 'n' Brother Productions". Somehow that just stuck with me. And I still think it's funny if people say things like: "Your Mother made that theme". I can't remember how we had the idea for the name in the first place, tho.

I see! So how did you find M9? What makes you stay so active in this community since joining in Jan '08?
I first made a few themes for myself, but got pretty quickly bored of my own taste. So I was wondering if I could make themes for other people as well. That's when I found Mobile9. I was absolutely fascinated how many people suddenly have access to my work and that they are interested in what I'm doing. By now I can't imagine not to be part of M9 anymore. I think the biggest reason why I stay is the challenge it offers. I get motivated again and again to try out something new and learn more. I don't think I would have made any progress without all the comments of the people here. Or the examples set by the great designers in this community. And besides that I love it, that there are people from all over the world. So many different cultures and still we all get along just fine. It's interesting.

Indeed! M9 is like a big family. Looking back, Leopard is your first TMC entry. It does seem you already have good foundation in thememaking / UI designs back then. Is that true?
Well, like I said before, I made a few themes for myself. But I didn't know much about it, really. The thing is, that I'm designing flyers and such since a very long time. Also I made the web page for the bar I'm working. So maybe I had a basic knowledge of things that just don't work well...

Right, apart from learning from your own experience in designing flyers & web page, is there anyone in M9 who has had a strong influence on your work?
Phuuu.... now that is a very hard question. I could not give you a single name. Besides I really try to have my own style. But of course there are always themes and wallies I absolutely adore and I wish I'd be able to create something like that. For example:

Wallpapers
Pretty much all the wallpapers of AXR
Rhythm by CrazEric
Heaven by Kashif85

Themes
Gear Animated by Tyronne................... Love it!!!!
FireSkull by Longhairsteff
Jet by Bishop Bacon

And there would be a thousand more. Especially themes, since I'm not a very good themer anyway...

Not a good themer? Hehe, try saying that now and peeps will want to know who did you bribe to get your 1st gold in TMC. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Your 3 favourite themes so far?

Little big Planet
(IMG:http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/779/littlebigplanet.jpg)
Because I just love the style of that game and I think I could recreate that pretty well.

Vanity
(IMG:http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4441/vanityd.jpg)
I was always very fond of grungy stuff and I like that kinda dirty look about that theme.

Wolverine
(IMG:http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/2259/wolferine.jpg)
Hmmm... I don't know why. It just looks good.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Besides making themes, you also participate in WPC and have achieved huge success in there. 6 golds, 6 silvers & 2 bronzes! Can you tell us your process of creating an entry?
I usually start by searching images that fit the topic. Normally I download around ten times more images that I actually use in the end. And it's always all kinds of stuff. I don't know why but I have a very hard time planning in front. So, after downloading I open all the pics in Photoshop and just start working on it. Again, completely without any plan. In that phase I realise which things really don't work at all. Normally the idea of what I'm gonna do with the image comes while cutting it. And then I search for more images. This time with a plan... It's all very chaotic... I'm also glad nobody can see the layers I have in Photoshop. I usually don't know what is what myself... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Your 3 favourite wallpapers so far (those you have created)? Why?

Basketball Insects
(IMG:http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6764/contest9.jpg)
It win only bronze in WPC, but it's my personal favorite. 'Cause it's kinda weird and still looks pretty real.

Retro Handy
(IMG:http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/779/contest5.jpg)
I'd love to have one of those...

Tango
(IMG:http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6767/tango2h.jpg)
That one was pretty easy to make, but I think the mood and colours in it are beautiful.

Your style appears to be predominantly vintage. Why is this? You're certainly very good in this style. Will we see you experimenting other styles in the near future?
I guess I go so much for the vintage style because I like it very much myself. Besides it's easier to hide mistakes if you have a lot of dirt and unclarity in an image... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) And yeah, I'm always happy to try different stuff, but lots of times I'm just not happy with the result. Will see what the future brings...

You live in a beautiful country, Switzerland. What do you enjoy doing other than designing themes & wallpapers?
Nothing. Themes and Wallpapers are my whole life. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) No, seriously, I spend very much time walking with my lovely little dog. I like sewing (I mainly make ugly bags, but at least they don't fall apart...) and playing PC Games and of course I go out and get stone drunk once in a while. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

Thank you for your time, Cornelia! If there's anything you'd like to add, go ahead.

Thanx for the interview! I feel honored to get one!! And, well, I hope I didn't bore everyone.

Cheers, Cornelia!

EDIT: Additional Questions From CrazEric
How many tattoos do you have and what are they?
Allright... I have six tatoos. A dragon on the right leg, some skulls with a weird tribal on the left leg, another skull on my neck (back), a thing that I painted on my left shoulder (really don't know what it is), the number 83 between my thumb and my fingers and my back is completly covered with wings and a sword in the middle... That enough for you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

What is your favourite drink and how many do I have to buy you before I can take advantage of you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif)
My favorite drink is Jack Daniels and I'm pretty sure I could drink all of you under the table...

And are you happily married to Huevo or do I still have a chance? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil2.gif)
I am very happily married, but with your murderous qualities I'm sure you can find a solution for that problem... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evil_2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
_anuj_
post Oct 14 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 4866144

really great interview mom, it was so good to learn more about you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
castleboyz
post Oct 15 2009, 12:29 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 1674422

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) I'm so excited to read my Mother's M9 interview. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
Nice interview (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
DANGER__SHAH
post Oct 15 2009, 01:21 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Gifted DJ
Member No.: 3950396

Well i am just passing from here and see two great ladies talking each other (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
Well i don't know that my moms name is Cornelia (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)
I like this part (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Oct 15 2009, 09:11 AM) *
Great! For those who aren’t familiar, can you please give us a bit of background on yourself?
Hmmm... what can I tell you, that isn't against the law... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . Well, I'm a barkeeper, but lately I don't work very often anymore. Which sure is healthy for me, 'cause I drink much less then I used to. Other than that I was always interested in all kinds of arts and tried working with pretty much every material there is. Finally I got stuck with digital design. I guess that's because I suck with everything else. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) I mean something you create at the computer can't just fall apart after a few days...

+Quote Post
ghassemoo
post Oct 15 2009, 01:17 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 1858984

A great interview again from AW. Thank you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

It was good to learn more about you cornelia. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
angelnaina
post Oct 15 2009, 05:17 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 3179816

hey great interview. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) .congrats too.now i know much more about mom.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Sourav_Kumar
post Oct 15 2009, 06:42 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 5101800

Great to know about you mom...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

+Quote Post
adonisdemon
post Oct 15 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 6549

Great Interview. Lovely insight into @Your_Mother (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
sp0rtskiller03
post Oct 15 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 2678012

great interview from mom.. cheers.

+Quote Post
vegeta_sa
post Oct 15 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #10

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 956640

great interview. nice to meet you mom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
ronaldo23
post Oct 15 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Gifted DJ
Member No.: 3924134

Great interview (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) its nice to know more about you mom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
your_mother
post Oct 15 2009, 12:07 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 2505090

I can't believe you guys actually read that... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Thanx a lot tho! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) Also to AW, you really are a great interviewer!

+Quote Post
twintrix
post Oct 15 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #13

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 1201905

thanx AW for the great interview (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_krakit_*
post Oct 16 2009, 12:55 AM
Post #14

Guests

That was Excellent. AW, You did took this Interview as a Professional. The Questions were Very Sensible and Wise. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)
and MysMa, i really didn't knew that my Ma's name was "Cornelia". This name reminds me of a Queen. i don''t know Why? But You have a Beautiful name there,
i wonder Why You hid it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gathering.gif)
Plus, i didn't know that You and Huevo Pa were into Movie making. Thats so like Cool. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)
This Interview gave me a Lots of Reasons to be in this Community till Life. You influenced Your Little One Ma, to become One just like You. i wish i reach Your Standards someday.
Grate Interview Ma. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

+Quote Post
findgirl45
post Oct 16 2009, 02:32 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 3412794

great interview.thanks AW for such nice interview.best wishes for future mom. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:51 AM