4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Hazard Times, HB's weekly newspaper
pyro_flare
post Apr 24 2007, 02:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 760342

(IMG:http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r106/pyro_flare/hb/tht.jpg)

This post has been edited by pyro_flare: May 14 2007, 12:21 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pyro_flare
post Apr 24 2007, 02:47 AM
Post #2

(IMG:http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r106/pyro_flare/hb/1.jpg)

Today's Headline: THT, officially realeased!

As of today, The Hazard Times will be available for public consumption. THT is the one and only weekly newspapaer of the Hazard Blue. It aims to give the readers an inside scoop on what's happening behind the scenes in HB and also for the members to have a recap on what they have done the past week. It will showcase a vast array of info, including a list of the activities of the HB members and the Hall of Fame where we will give you info on anything that HB members have won on the previous week.Hope you enjoy our teaser edition, Happy readin'

PMP officially opened
HB's pet project, Pimp My Phone or PMP has officially opened this week with the permission of the m9 admins. Winds-a-blowin and crickets-a-chirpin, the massive influx of customers that was expected didn't exactly come (yet). so the entire HB team decided to put up a free demo for advertisement. The fortunate test subject turned out to be ssivic of MOS. He answered the questions made by aapaii with a little help from pyro_flare and after a short analyzation of data, the team started to work on the project. after 8 painstaking days, the theme is now complete and awaiting further orders from Anthrax and Azure. Maybe they'll throw in a ringtone or some wallpapers. who knows?

Members sigging
:lol: aapaii and tyronne seems to be quite fond of their new sigs. Aapaii has left the haruhi scene and has moved on with a new character. I'm still tryin to find out who this character is (and why aapaii keeps using girls).I will give you an update on that as soon as possible... Tyronne, HB's newest member equipped his official HB sig not so long ago. his chosen character seems to come from an RPG game (still trying to find out) and the 3d render of the character blends well with the 2d parallelograms and creats a unique design. Hope to see more from these guys and the other HB members

Hall of Fame:
As of press relese, the latest winner of the wallpaper competetion is our very own second-in-command, Azuresephiroth with his work on city lights. And also, Tyronne won 3rd place in TMC with his exceptional work, the Battle Tank

That's it for the sneek preview of THT, the official edition will come out in a few days time..'till then, see 'ya!

This post has been edited by pyro_flare: Apr 24 2007, 06:13 AM

+Quote Post
pyro_flare
post Apr 29 2007, 03:09 AM
Post #3

(IMG:http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r106/pyro_flare/hb/THTheadercopy.jpg)

This week's headline: HB may need some rest

"The chief is going to highly classified location filled with chicks and babes. It is also said that mermaids dwell there as well." Those are the exact words of AzureSephiroth after he assigned pyro_flare to be HB's new temperory chief-in-command. It looks like Az's going to paradise (can I come with you?). Well, nothing much happened this week after ssivic's theme was completed. The HB team is resting up a bit before continuing ssivic's PMP and refurbishing his phone with new walls, ringtones and screensavers. HB is taking it's well earned rest after a long week. Good luck with PMP guys!

Hide and Seek
Many HB members (sometimes including me) suddenly disappear for a couple of days in the subforum without us knowing. Is this the work of Aliens or top-secret organizations trying to stop HB's work? Maybe not, but it sure slows us down a bit. Every bit of help is important for the group and sometimes those bits of help can turn the tide towards something better. These are the people I rarely see in the subforum: zeefix (after that shocking news of leeching a few weeks ago, he might never show up), the "sig master" Shubham_Rana, and senior member, NahSoR (who, I think, is active in other threads though). Aside from the senior member, will the guys end up like the long forgotten leader's drone, zero_prototype? only time can tell.

THT a success
The opening of The Hazard Times last april 24 was a big success. Many comments were given and they were all possitive.

"Wow, this is very entertaining. Good work. Members and Non-members will be updated on what's new about Hazard Blue." -Tyronne

"...this is extremely funny and informative!" -AzureSephiroth

"I'm really looking forward for your next THT!" -aapaii

Hope this goes on :lol: I'll do my best to keep THT running

Hall of Fame
This week on WC: Azure won 1st place in this week's Wallpaper Competetion with a whopping 17 pts.! He reached this honor with his latest masterpiece, Floral Tranquility. HB's leader, anthraxomega, would have been tied with crystaleye, both with 9 points, if he was just able to vote. Congratulations to both of you..
On the TMC corner: The competetion was fierce and the HB team consisting of Tyronne (23 pts.), manitaaan (1pt.) and aapaii (19 pts.) did their best. But their scores wasn't able to beat jasnasto (60 pts.), davis-art (54 pts.) and rjdsouza (42 pts.)... Better luck next time! I know you can do it.. Gambatte!!

This has been your weekly news report, hope you liked it.. see 'ya!

Classified Ads: Assistant journalist wanted. Must meet the following classifications:
-HB member
-Active
-Human
-Can trace the activities of the group for an entire week and write down the gathered information in an organized manner and send it to me through PM

applications must be posted at the Member's Lounge... look for pyro..

This post has been edited by pyro_flare: Apr 30 2007, 09:03 PM

+Quote Post
AzureSephiroth
post Apr 29 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 719443

QUOTE(Tyronne @ Apr 29 2007, 08:19 PM)
Pyro - you sound like Selphie in Final fantasy 8. keeping those Garden magazine that i forget the name. hehe. reminds me of my final fantasy adict era. hehe
[right][snapback]322125[/snapback][/right]

These were the days man. I miss final fantasy VIII.

@pyro, gr8 job man and I have free tickets to 'paradise' hurry up and claim yours today! :lol:

EDIT: The image below was my idea of THT, but due to technical bandwith problems, it was dropped down:
(IMG:http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/AzureSephiroth/haz1.jpg)

This post has been edited by AzureSephiroth: Apr 29 2007, 12:24 PM

+Quote Post
AzureSephiroth
post May 7 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

[center](IMG:http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/AzureSephiroth/hzbancopy.jpg) [/center]

A merger happening?

After a recent attempt to merge HB with GE, negotiations crumbled down as GE's representatives BJ and thomas did not reply back to Pyro_Flare's offer of a merger. A significant survey into the activity of GE has shown zero activity in GE's core subforum. Another issue was that Anthraxomega, the leader of HB, is still enjoying his vacation at his mansion back in Egypt. When we questioned AzureSephiroth, the man left behind in charge of HB, he said, "The members of HB will decide upon whether we go through the process of merging with GE only when anthraxomega is around." We will keep you updated on this matter as soon as new materials comes in.

PMP recieves 2nd Request

A day after the new PMP thread opened at the Themeing request subforum, a request came in by ACIDRAINZ requesting the first 'official' request. Sources indicate that famed assistant themer aapaii is working on the theme and is expected to release it within the week. He was had this to say, "i'm halfway done.. sorry for delay coz i'm trying a few diff designs for the barworks.." Best of luck to him and his designs.

New Hazard Blue website in the works

After some debate NG_LC opened last week, we're now happy to announce that a new website for Hazard blue is indeed in the works and is headed by none other than Totogasm with her exceptional artistic taste and color blending magic wand. She has stated to the reporters that she has finished the infrastructure of the links system and is currently assessing the GUI of the site to see what goes with what. She has denied us an interview and is currently missing in action, presumably at work.

Shadowy figure Night-Rider

Night was kind enough to drop by our subforums and state that he has posted some walls at AzureSephiroth's workshop. The walls are extremely well done and exemplify his artistic talents.

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?...ic=32851&st=165

Editor-in-chief got 'contaminated'

After raising the motto "Dominate, Eliminate, Contaminate" Pyro_Flare has indeed dominated, eliminated but got contaminated himself in the end along his tedious work at THT. Please acknowledge his work and send him a donation on his PayPal account. He also accepts donations through western union but he'll send a strange weird looking asian guy to pick up the cash on behalf of him so don't get alarmed if you see the weird dude pick Pyro's cash. Anyways, we all hope he returns back to his post since this edition tastes nothing like the ordinary spiced up, beefy, extra cheesed editions he usually cooks up.

The TMC standings:
Week 164 - Bumble Bees - 9 Entries,

1. Oopsession (67 pts.)
2. Tyronne(47 pts.)
3.maampia (46 pts.)

The WPC standings:
week 16 - Football - 3 Entries

1. rjdsouza, 14 points
2. Paracite_DK, 10 points

3. N/A*

* - DeZal failed to vote.

This post has been edited by AzureSephiroth: May 8 2007, 03:55 AM

+Quote Post
AzureSephiroth
post May 16 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

(IMG:http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/AzureSephiroth/HB13.jpg)

Anthraxomega's triumphant return

Courageous, Bold, daring and charming are some of anthraxomega's traits. His skillful manipulation of the brush enables him to 'virtually' capture any girl's heart by surprise. He recently showed up at the subforum with the surprise interest in one of the requests in the recent project PMP. It was rumored not long ago that he had received therapeutical analysis by mermaids in his hidden mansion located deep within the crest of nowhere. Anthraxomega in the end is one of the invaluable assets HB has ever had since its establishment.

Trivia: Anthraxomega is both the longest active member and founder of Hazard Blue. AzureSephiroth and NahSoR share 2nd place.

THT Growing, PMP Enlarging

After the amazing success of the PMP project, THT was long forgotten by the Hazardians as its founder, Pyro_Flare rested after enduring yet another hemophilic attack. PMP requests are now pouring in endlessly in both the Nokia and Sony Ericcson sectors respectively to the point where the members on board the theming staff are vastly outnumbered by the requests bombardment last week.

New member Happylass

The Hazardians welcomed new member, Happylass to the family two days ago when she valiantly accepted our invitation to join the cause. Shes as enigmatic as Tyronne which seems questionnable given that they both have a lot in common. AzureSephiroth had this to say, "We welcome change, If it is for the improvement of the group and so far Happylass will surely help us achieve that act of change". Ladies and Gentlmen a round of applause please.

Linkin park releases Midnight to Minutes

(IMG:http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/AzureSephiroth/200px-Minutes-to-midnight.jpg)
Album cover

Nearly 4 years after their last original album debut, Meteora, Linkin park has finally released their latest attempt at breaking the records around the world. The new album was heavily criticized by the hardcore LP fans for losing the trademark LP sound. The band replied that they were 'looking for themselves'. Many have expressed their disappointment in the latest album citing that the band has lost its uniqueness to the mainstream albums in the past years. All is not lost with the single, All I've done which resembles the past 2 albums style and sound. For those who want to make up for LP's change, you can simply listen to Red's album, end of silence which sounds like an exact replica of Hybrid Theory / Meteora. Heres the album cover.

(IMG:http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/AzureSephiroth/200px-Endofsilence.png)
word of caution: Lyrics are derived from christian beliefs.

AzureSephiroth's Wallpaper Rampage

Az continues to dominate the wallpaper competition with yet another win at the previous week. He has grown weak of the surprises the votes give out. Lets see how long he can hold this up.

Hall of Fame

The Thememaking Challenge
Week 165 - Digital Painting

1. Patrick_Lippe (68 pts.)

2. happylass (50 pts.) :clap:

3. Tyronne (45 pts.) :clap:

The Wallpaper Competition
Week 17 - Anime

1. AzureSephiroth (23 pts.) :clap:

2. Shubham_Rana (16 pts.) :clap:

3. bj1605 (15 pts.)

+Quote Post
pyro_flare
post May 24 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #7

This week's Headline: PMP Overload

This has been a very busy week for HB. The PMP thread is overflowing with requests and The team is trying it's best to finish the requests but HB's lack of nokia themers is taking quite a toll on the pace of the team. Anthrax and the team's other nokia themers are all doing a great job though and the problem doesn't seem to bother them at all.. Here's this week's progress table for PMP (according to aapaii):
QUOTE(aapaii @ May 21 2007, 11:30 PM)
Latest :o

slots
Sony Ericsson
Azure : bakudoq PMP
Tyronne : empty (on leave)
aapaii : empty
Ng LC : empty

Nokia
Anthrax : aarnisa & sjaspinall :wow:
Happylass : empty

QUOTE(aapaii @ May 18 2007, 06:19 PM)
Updated Request List

SE PMP
bakudoq - captain cavemen (handle by Azure)

Nokia PMP

1. togotasm - pending.
2. spook boi - vida guerra (azure is currently searching for images)
3. aarnisa - in prog by anthrax 
4. mrshakeyhandman - Linfield FC
4. kurtis - Ragnarok Online (novice/super novice)
5. sjaspinall - handle by anthrax
[right][snapback]331821[/snapback][/right]

[right][snapback]334530[/snapback][/right]

MOS: "We don't see the point"

There was a little fuss this week about MOS's participation in PMP. "Well, do guys from Hazard use our ringtones or what... :blink: .... not that I want to undermine the project, but I don't see the point in our joint work, when members that request the themes don't ask frot the ringtone...if they really don't want it, they should say so... And if members are only for the theme, what's the point of this... :unsure: ..." Those are the exact words of Vanja, MOS's leader. This is due to the fact that the people who request in PMP doesn't seem to notice that the ringtone from MOS is a part of the package that HB is giving away. All they do is answer the THEME REQUEST FORM and not the RINGTONE REQUEST which makes it a little hard for MOS to figure out what the people would actually need. This seems to be both irritating and heartbreaking for ou beloved Masters of Sound

crickets: "chirp chirp"

I don't know if it's just me or is HB inactive yesterday? After that talk about FF:Advent Children, no one seems to have opened any other topic... or post anything at all. All i saw was 4 post by boxie, antrax, az and shubham. and on the PMP thread. only 1 post from anthrax was there.. What's up? :blink: ..

Advent Children!! :wow:

Here's a review of the movie from animax:
FINAL FANTASY VII : ADVENT CHILDREN

With over 10 million copies sold worldwide since it's release in 1997, Final Fantasy VII remains one of the best role-playing games ever made. And now, Animax is proud to bring you Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, the sequel to this cult hit. It is a visual and aural feast featuring some of the most spectacularly lavish computer graphics ever to grace a fully CG-animated film !

Two years have passed since Meteor's devastating attack on the planet, and the once-proud industrial city of Midgar now lies in ruin. Meanwhile, the survivors are slowly picking up their lives again in a new city, Edge, built on the outskirts of Midgar. But even then, a mysterious disease known as Geostigma is killing the remaining inhabitants on the planet. Inflicted with the lethal disease, Cloud Strife - the hero from the last war - has retired into seclusion. However, when three villainous brothers threaten to bring back the One Winged Angel, Cloud is forced out of his isolation to stop them before they doom the planet.

====================================================================
btw, here's a picture of our very own, az, standing side by side with the movie's main character.. (az, i hope you asked for an autograph!!)

(IMG:http://blogging.la/archives/images/2006/04/2006_04_03_advent_children.jpg)
====================================================================

Hall of Fame

Our very own Shubham_Rana won this week's WC!!! his work on a collage using a chinese fellow with an urban background earned him 8 points and the gold! he is followed by DeZal who's design composed of two different perspectives on an F1 race car. bj from our sister team of GE supposed to have won first place but failed to vote so he ws immediately disqualified. Better luck next time, bj! and Congratulations to Shubham and DeZal!!

On the TMC corner, no HB member reached the top 3 but still, we are proud of you guys.

happylass.................28 pts
Tyronne...................50 pts
Shubham_Rana........2 pts
aapaii......................11 pts

better luck next time guys!! keep up the good work!!

*note: i'll put in the header when I get my connection fixed :lol:

This post has been edited by pyro_flare: May 25 2007, 07:15 AM

+Quote Post
pyro_flare
post Jun 3 2007, 02:45 AM
Post #8

This Week's Headline: Pimp my Nokia Phone?
HB has nearly taken all the requests that they can handle. Everyone is scrambling to finish requests in time and put the regular HB mark on every single project: "Beauty and Quality".
Although this is the case, it seems like there are only requests for nokia themes. for this week, (refer to the latest update below) there is only one SE request and this is not doing any good for our nokia themers because the moment they take in a horde of nokia requests, they are obliged by their dedication to their work, to take in another legion of new requests. This event was already forseen by the old memebers of the group and has taken immediate action. Aapaii and pyro (me) invited a couple of nokia themers to aid us in the expected influx and Anthrax and Azure did their best to study and master to be full-fledged Nokia themers. These efforts seemed to pay off in the begginning and up till now. But I see a problem in the future if this number of Nokia v.s. SE theme requests doesn't change. Anyway, Nokia themers, best of luck to you guys! :lol:

Ringtones Request Round-up
Since last week's problem with the lack of participation from the PMP customers, the request of ringtones to be included in the PMP package steadily increased. This is because aapaii, who seemed to be in charge of the acceptance of requests, made it a point to accept requests ONLY if the customer filled up the corresponding Ringtone Request Form. Thanks to that, a lot of ringtones have been made, approved, and downloaded, for the happyness of both the PMP patrons and the entire MOS team.

cool.. my first banner
I don't want to bother anyone but what do you guys think of my banner?:

(IMG:http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r106/pyro_flare/Banner.png)

I asked Ng_Lc to put it in his site but it got resized and the text became unreadable.. I would like to ask totogasm, through this newspaper, if maybe, you could post this on sites you made and link it to the HB site you are currently working on? or temporarily to the m9 homepage until you finish the site.. pretty please (IMG:http://www.smileyvillage.com/smilies/innocent0006.gif)

Hey, is he officially our mascot?
I noticed that Jef is the one updating the member's list in the group's forum.. did you guys suggest rockman? and he doesn't seem to be updated about kicked out members since the leader's drone is still listed.. and yeah, does he still lurk in m9's shadows? Here's jef's list:

(IMG:http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/9760/hazardbluevp9.png)

* AnthraxOmega
* AzureSephiroth
* Nahsor
* Zeroproto_type
* Pyro_flare
* Ng Lc
* Night-Rider
* Zeefix
* Totogasm
* Animo
* Shubham Rana
* BoxieBlue
* aapaii

PMP latest update for this week:
According to aapaii's latest post:

QUOTE(aapaii @ Jun 3 2007, 11:52 AM)
Latest :o

slots
Sony Ericsson
Azure : empty
Tyronne : empty
aapaii : empty
manitaan : empty

Nokia
Anthrax : aarnisa, sjaspinall & mrshakeyhandman :wow:
Happylass : empty

Updated Request List

SE PMP
kelly tibo - freemason theme

Nokia PMP

1. togotasm - pending.
2. spook boi - vida guerra (azure is currently searching for images)
3. aarnisa - in prog by anthrax 
4. mrshakeyhandman - Linfield FC (anthrax)
4. kurtis - Ragnarok Online (novice/super novice)
5. sjaspinall - handle by anthrax
6. ilovethenokia - ???
7. CarrieAnnex - England Football Team Crest
8. Cwluc - Avatar theme
[right][snapback]331821[/snapback][/right]

[right][snapback]343852[/snapback][/right]

The Sad story of the Forgotten Request
Once upon a time, an MMORPG player named kurtis went into the PMP request thread in the hopes of getting his phone pimped with a personalized theme using a Ragnarok novice. He filled up the form and posted it in the thread..... never to be heard from again......
what's up guys?! this guy has been waiting for his theme... I know it's hard to make themes and all but, as az said, were getting a little delayed with some requests. but this guy's case seems to be different. I don't think anyone is working on his...Is there?

and by the way, aapaii, my friend, can you also include the phone's resolution on your updates of new requests? please. Nite is not around and I have nobody to ask about the resolutions :lol:

Hall of Fame
WPC- Adonisedemon came in first place with 10 pts. He is followed by DeZal who accumulated 5 pts. HB's Shubham_Rana should have come in first with his 13 pts. only if he was able to vote. Better luck next week!!
TMC- No winners announced thread..... just PM me if you see one :lol:

*note, reformatted my PC and lost the Header...and still working on that stupid internet connection... (IMG:http://www.smileyvillage.com/smilies/character00174.gif)

This post has been edited by pyro_flare: Jun 5 2007, 09:36 PM

+Quote Post
pyro_flare
post Jun 9 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #9

This week's Headline: The Good, The Bad and The Missing
This week was somewhat uneventful for the HB team though there were some touches of exciting news here and there. This week, I was asked by az to invite the Rank 7: Headmaster, DeZal, to join us in our cause to beautify every single throbbing, battery-operated, colored mobile phone on this planet. Just after two days after joining the Hazard Blue, DeZal is now one of the most active member of Hazard Blue. He has already started by helping out the nokia themers by providing images for them. DeZal isn't our only new member though, Darkie, az's friend from Saudi (who incidentally moved here in the Philippines not so long ago..) also joined us. Though his fresh start at an excellent m9 life as an HB Recruiter didn't turn out as fresh as I thought. He opened up a new thread called Spam and started spamming his way to being banned...We won't be seeing him for quite some time :P . And with these new members, our senior members started popping out. Night and Nahsor showed up this week and checked out what's up in out subforum. They also stated the reasons why they aren't here. That takes a load of our chest :lol: we're glad to know that you guys are doing ok...

Temporary Closure of New Nokia PMP Request
After last week's influx of Nokia requests, the HB team had lots problems with the sheer number of these requests. As a solution, the team decided to temporary put the Nokia requests on hold and accept the waiting list once the number of the pending requests deminishes. Here's apai's statement:

QUOTE(aapaii @ Jun 3 2007, 07:21 PM)
Re: Temporarily Closure of Nokia PMP requests.

Dear all valued M9ers,

Pls be informed that we at Hazard Blue have decided to close the Nokia PMP request TEMPORARILY . This will be effective immedietly until we can finish the current requests. This is due to the lack of manpower to take up the ever-increasing requests lately. We will now make a waiting list for new Nokia PMP requests. This will only effect Nokia PMP requests. Sony Ericsson PMP request will run as usual. :lol:
I thank you all for you understanding in this matter. :pray:

Thank you for your patronage! :lol:

Best regards,
apai
PMP assistant supervisor
3rd June 2007
[right][snapback]343987[/snapback][/right]

I then followed the statement of the supervisors with a letter form the Wallpapers Division

QUOTE(pyro_flare @ Jun 4 2007, 12:55 AM)
Re: Temporarily Closure of Nokia PMP requests.

To all M9ers,

Like said above,Nokia requests will be temporarily put on hold. Nokia PMP theme requests will automatically go to the waiting list once they have been approved. I would like to inform you that we follow "first come, first serve" so I expect no fighting over who gets their request done first. Although new Nokia PMP themes will temporarily be unattended, the complimentary wallpapers that will come with some of the themes will still be uploaded and posted here for your convenience, though it may take some time because my division is also lacking manpower. The Ringtone Requests might still be also active. This depends on the other members of the PMP project as I am not, in any way, involved in the ringtones.

Sorry for the inconvenience :lol:

Sincerely,
pyro
PMP Wallpapers Division
~06042007~
[right][snapback]344106[/snapback][/right]

well..Good luck to our Nokia themers and I hope this helps you....

Comics!!
I started to notice that the Comics thread in the "Jokes and Games" forum isn't getting much feedback.. I don't think that anybody's even reading them.. So I've decided to have a weekly comics section here so you can enjoy the comic strips that I've liked. For this week, I'll post two of them as an opening special:

(IMG:http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/060625.jpg)
*note: don't listen to anyone claiming that they are spreading az's words :P

(IMG:http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/040519.jpg)

Hope you liked them!!

Hall of Fame
In the WPC, no topic yet. WPC team will take a break in the hopes that more people will join next week. The topic will be announced on June 10. Meanwhile, on the TMC corner, Patrick_Lippe(68 pts.), davis-art (41 pts.) and maampia (40 pts.) won 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, respectively. This week's TMC-HB team composed only of Happylass (3 pts.) who unfortunately wasn't able to reach the top 3. Better luck next time Happylass! I know you can do it.

That's it for this week's THT. Hope you keep reading and support HB. I would also like to apologize for the missing header, still working on it (I always forget to work on it that's why I doesn't get done... I will finish it <someday> though (IMG:http://www.smileyvillage.com/smilies/character00174.gif) ) see ya next week!!

This post has been edited by pyro_flare: Jun 9 2007, 10:27 PM

+Quote Post
pyro_flare
post Jun 23 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #10

This Week's Headline: "Looks Like PMP Worked"
For the last few issues of THT, there wasn't much going on. Nearly no activity for Hazard Blue. But This week proved to be different,with the new SE requests and the addition of a few members on HB's ranks. The rising numbers of HB members may have come from all the adverstisment we got from PMP. Here's a short profile of this week's newest members

Platinum-Skillz (hb1516763):
Quote:"Touch my food and die. Have a nice day."
Uploads: None as of the moment

Tails_Prower (hb1416850):
Quote: "I love poeple how are honest and GENUINE!!! And if your wondering why my name is Tails its my nickname because Tails off Sonic the Hedgehog loves aircraft and so do i and Tails is smart and short and so am i! Hehe, Lol!!"
Uploads: 40 PSP wallpapers

Karlsen1992 (hb632888):
Quote: "Yeah, that's me. Do you like it or what?!"
Uploads:1 PSP wallpaper, 5 mp3 Ringtones, 2 SE themes (W600/W600i, K750/K750i)

These people are great additions to the HB family. I just hope that our leader and assistant leader start to think about the difficulty to manage a number more than this one.. I really don't wanna split us into versions like the wild cats. Unity is the best way to go...

HB Thread Flood
An increase in HB's members forsaw an increase in HB's number of threads. Platinum-Creationz is one of them. I see this thread unnecessary because az already posted the tutorial cafe were anyone can post their "photo manipulation guides". HB Thread Directory is something that might prove useful. It might provide more posts on our own threads and not just threads like PMP. And The HB network will help anyone to contact us in case of an emergency or a query. Well, best of luck to those threads, I hope all of those will prove to be useful and not dead threads like our friends from GE have.. (no offense GE)

Platinum-Skillz just punched out one of sven's eyes!
This just in, a few hours ago, HB member misunderstood an order and accidentally punched out one of sven's hidden 100,000,000 eyes! Now, sven only has 99,999,999 eyes to watch over HB's every move all over the globe. Just an advice to ssvic, Don't pick your nose any time soon! (oops, too late, he already did!! :photo: good, I caught a picture)

(IMG:http://files.myopera.com/salmondine/files/old_forum_import/eye%20itches.jpg)

Comics!!
Ever played Team Fortress?

(IMG:http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/010924.gif)

Classified Ads
(IMG:http://i18.tinypic.com/4y994zp.jpg)

Assistant journalist wanted. Must meet the following criteria:
-You must be an HB member
-You must be Active
-You must be Human
-You must NOT eat other Humans
-Can trace the activities of the group for an entire week and write down the gathered information in an organized manner and send it to me through PM
-Will make the THT when I'm not around
-Will religiously remind me every week to make the THT :P

applications must be posted at the Member's Lounge... look for pyro..

Hall of Fame
Our Assistant team leader, Az (12 pts), won this week's WPC with the humorous twist on human evolution. Our wallpaper division assistant head,DeZal won 2nd place with an amazing GIF image time line.Our newest member, plat, should have come in 1st but he got disqualified because of failure to vote... (There's something about this week's WPC that's making me smile... I just can't put my finger on it...)

On the TMC, happylass (35 pts.) won 2nd place with a watery XP theme. Unfortunately, aapaii (12 pts.), manitaan (15 pts.) and tyronne (28 pts.) weren't able to join the top 3.

Congratulations to ALL the winners! and better luck next time to those who didn't...

That's it for this week's THT. Kindly remind me whenever I forget to do it :lol:. That's it, see ya

This post has been edited by pyro_flare: Jun 23 2007, 10:25 PM

+Quote Post
pyro_flare
post Jun 30 2007, 04:08 AM
Post #11

This Week's Headline: Love at first Sight?

"Yeah! Someone is the same age as me! Now I am not only the one who is 14 years old!
Well may I ask u something,do u like sonic games? well I like sonic but I don't like the games much,I like the best is Kingdom Hearts 2 and 1 of cause". These were the first few words spoken by Ng to our new member, Tails, when she described herself in one of HB's threads. These few words might sound simple to the normal ear, but they actually have a deeper meaning (As noticed by a well-trained Hazard, Tyronne). A simple smile and an innocent wave of the tail might have caught the heart of the unsuspecting Ng_LC who might have been struck by cupid's arrow directly on the chest. He might deny it but by the looks of things, the two might actually have some sort of connection with each other. A mutual feeling where in words might not be enough to describe. Why deny something that is already speaking for itself? don't lock away things in your heart, tell everybody how you really feel.. True feelings are ment to be set free, not kept hidden. What will be the result of this? What will the girl say? Who knows... Only time will tell...
(IMG:http://i12.tinypic.com/5znqfer.png)

(note from the Editor-in-Chief: Ng, Don't be mad ok?)

The Dark Side
In a related story, one of HB's members has been, reportedly, invited to join the dark side. The media refused to cover the story because of what they call "Technical Difficulties". We in HB believe that this is an inside job. A reporter and his crew seems to be working under the influence of a virus. The said reporter is called Mr. Rick (Who changed his name to Mr. D*ck for a reason not yet known). Hazard Blue's intelligence department gathered samples of the virus and sent them to HB Laboratories whose location is kept hidden due to fear of sabotage. The head scientist, Professor Dan D. Lyons, and his assinstant, Dr. Willie Stroker named the virus and stated it's effects. The virus, Code Name: S.S.V.I.C. (Super Scary and Vicious Incredibly evil Character), seems to have the power to instantaneously delete stuff (or hide them as the propagator, sven, insists) and control people's mind so they move over to the dark side and grow many eyes just like it does. The infected people can also serve as watchers in areas unaccsessible to sven's eyes. And now that I have told you this, my safety, and the safety of the whole HB is uncertain.

PMP Nokia Theme Request Re-openning?
Our beloved leader is back (and so are most of the MIA members). His first agenda was to re-open the NT requests in PMP, but HB's lack of nokia themers prevented him from doing so. Instead, He ordered the team to sweep across m9 and abduct (I mean ask politely) all nokia themers who have the potential to be an HB candidate and have the chance to join HB in it's noble cause of beautifying every single mobile phone in existance. The team made the sweep but the candidates are yet to be judged. What will be Anthrax's judgement? stay tuned to find out!

PMP update
Here's the latest PMP update as posted by apai:

(IMG:http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5672/pmpupdateli6.png)

Sony Ericsson Theme Request Shortage
SET requests in PMP are really low. HB's SE themers are really in need of something to work on. The lack of SET requests might have been triggered by the sheer number of available SE themes in m9's gallery wherein almost everything that a phone-holder might want is already supplied to him, ready for download, and is no need of requesting for it. The law of supply and demand seems to apply also in PMP. There are a lot of supply, then there is low demand... I wish luck to all SE themers.

Comics!!
PSP v.s. Nintendo DS

(IMG:http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/070605.jpg)

Hall of Fame
wpc: waiting for results
tmc: Tyrrone (39 pts) won his very first gold this week with his masterpiece, "Pisa Burden". He is followed by hungnc (29 pts.) and Lionet (29 pts.) who are tied in second. The 3rd place was taken by davis-art(28 pts.). congratulations to all the winners! Why don't we make an HB trophy case where we compile all the trophies the members have won (and lock it so no one can post, bwahahaha...)

that's it for this week's THT. I hope you enjoyed it. See ya next week!!

This post has been edited by pyro_flare: Jun 30 2007, 05:30 AM

+Quote Post
pyro_flare
post Sep 22 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #12

(IMG:http://i1.tinypic.com/61vap2v.jpg)

Today's Headline: Power
THT is back and with it, comes new features like the weekday "tabloid version".. But too much freedom of the press and power of speech can certainly do some damage. Reports have been made that the intelligence department has some crew members that may have trouble being tactful and helpful.. Like that alien we hired to pilot the Hazardspy.. He turned out to be a double agent and destroyed one of HB's major bases. Anyway, security has been hightened in the intelligence building and everything that comes out will be screened thoroughly

Sorry, Honorary Member
The first news of aliens watching our every move was attribtted to the thousand-eye monster and our honorary member, ssivic.. But that has been proven wrong with this week's attacks which also destroyed ssivic's house near HB's base and destroyed a few eyes of the monster... This is not yet known to ssivic but THT's Headmaster wrote him this notification:

To our Honorary Member, SSIVIC:

We are sorry to say but HB's forcefield did not reach your house in the alien's recent attack. The house, wroth over a trillion and was worked by you, ssivic, for a couple of hard, tear-jerking years, has been smashed to smitherins by a laser beam from the THT building but was deflected by the UFO.. Please do not blame me for what heppened, I didn't know that they would deflect the laser in the exact trajectory of your humble home.. we are so sorry

pyro
THT head

Tails Join the Fight
Famous alien rights activist, Tails_Prower joins the fight against the aliens when they attacked this week.. Her last line before the attack:
QUOTE(Tails_Prower @ Sep 20 2007, 10:44 AM)
How did the poor aliens get involved anyway?
[right][snapback]408710[/snapback][/right]

Her next line? :
QUOTE(Tails_Prower @ Sep 20 2007, 10:47 AM)
Ahhhh.... my house was there too......  :o  :(  :cry:
damn..... im joining the fight too :torch:
stupid aliens don't know how to aim straight 

[right][snapback]408711[/snapback][/right]

Comics!!!
(IMG:http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/070821.jpg)

Hall of Fame
Az once again won bags this week's WPC gold with 17pts.. Muerte comes in second with 16pts... rjdsouza is third place with 10pts

Here's WPC stats:
(IMG:http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4761/week32px6.png)

That's it for this week's THT.. I'm getting used to it again so maybe it's not so funny but informative as before.. Anyways, see ya!!

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Nov 11 2007, 02:22 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 583675

not too many news this week, but news nonwtheless. here we go!

THT GETS NEW EDITORS
Pyro decided he had had enough of journalism, and gave up his job as the editor of THT. THT has nw been "taken over", if i can put it that way, by BoxieBlue and TailsPrower. but don't worry, you won't miss your weekly dose of news (and gossip) :P

DMC BANNED
one of the members of HB was banned following a huge controversy regarding a leeching issue. the moderators and members of HB decided it was best for everyone if the member in question left HB, at least until he proved he deserved to be a member.

MOM GOES DEAD
MOM, or member of the month, goes dead after only 15 days.some of the reasons are the resignation of the Head of Forums Division,unpopularity, and not receiving the expected response from the members. the possible causes for the last two reasons might have been lack a reward for the winner(none was announced by the mods) and insufficient assistants who were ready to take up the job of watching the forums and alloting the points.

POSITION OPEN- HEAD OF FORUMS DIVISION
after BoxieBlue resigned, the position of the Head of Forums division is open. those intersted can PM Anthrax or Azure
qualifications required-
1.must be an active member of HB
2.must be very active in the forums
3.must be ready to handle the pressures of the job.

This post has been edited by boxieblue: Nov 11 2007, 02:30 AM

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Nov 20 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

GET READY! here is the latest issue!

HAZARD BLUE
HEADLINES
FORUMS DIVISION DISBANDED
AZURE decided that the Forums Division was no longer required. The decision was based on the opinion on former Head of the Forums Division(HFD)- BoxieBlue (yeah that’s me :P )
CONCLUSION- at the moment, we don't really need the "forums division". first, we need to think out the function of that division very properly. only then should we appoint members for that post.i don't know if it is possible, but the Head could be allowed to look after the threads, and he should decide which threads should be pinned/unpinned/archieved etc

Azure also said
We should start to segment HB members to better classifications.

“HB NEEDS TO BE BETTER ORGANISED”-ANTHRAX
ANTHRAX said that he felt HB need to be more organized. He said that the members seem to have forgotten the purpose of the group, and have taken to spamming in the members lounge. He also voiced his dissent over some of the members being inactive, while others not doing their job properly
More can be found at- link
post#103

THEME OF THE WEEK
green elf by muerte for SE k800i

COMPETITION RESULTS
TMC
1.zjurina (70 pts.)
2.Lionet (55 pts.)
3.unamariposa (43 pts.)

WPC-
1. muerte84 & DeZal: 22 points
2. unamariposa & shoutout: 11 Points
3. devilmaycry_ub: 7 Points

Congratulations to all winners :)

WEEKLY GYAN
You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.
(I couldn’t believe this myself :lol: )

When the moon is directly overhead, you weigh slightly less.
(science students will have no problem understanding this one :) )

COMICS

ferdanand
(IMG:http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/452/ferdnand2033334071120zs5.gif)

redeye
(IMG:http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5500/redeyexf7.gif)

(IMG:http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/22/20071120csshoapnj0.jpg)

WORLD

M9 ACTIVITIES-
A lot went on regarding server issues this week. people had problem with PMs(though admins claim it is fixed) as also with "flood control" (that is really fixed now :P )

HOT TOPICS-
no wonder, then, that the ottest topic was bug central :lol:

the other hot topic, of particular interest to members of HB, was the return of the scoob!
blast from the past

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Nov 28 2007, 03:30 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

this week i decided to make THT Blue and Green. the colours of BoxieBlue and Tails_Prower

HAZARD BLUE
HEADLINES
DENIED HB MEMBERSHIP, DFA PROVES HIS WORTH
Denied a membership at HB, Darkness_Fallen_angel (who prefers to be called Dark) got third place in his first WPC entry. gathering 11 points, he got honoured with a place on the WPC scoreboard
find proof here

Lo-Fi VERSION OF THT REJECTED
after a heated conversation(ok, so maybe i am just spicing it up a bit :P ) between one of the leaders of HB, BoxieBlue, and one of the members of HB, the plan for a Lo-Fi version of THT was rejected. the idea was to create two threads for THT, a simple one like this, with no graphics(for those with slow net connection) and a spiced up one, with lots of graphics, to make it look like a cool magazine, to satisfy those with a faster connection.
the plan was halted after it was pointed out that THT has a small audience (oh tell me, tell me this is not true!), and two thread wouldn't be worth it.

BOXIEBLUE APPOINTED ASST.LEADER OF HB
yes guys, your favourite member/THT editor, got appointed as the asst. leader of HB. so you better start showing me some respect now :lol:

WALLPAPER PROJECT IN FULL SWING
the wallapaper project, where active members are signing an initially-blank backgorund is in full swing.this is a project undertaken by HB members, to give it as a reward to the first person to post on the 300th page in "member's lounge"
don't know how that will happen though, the HB-mods have kept the thread closed :P (hmmmm...maybe anthrax will open it late one night and keep posting till he drops!)
sign your name in this thread
NOTE-open to only HB members

COMPETITION RESULTS
WPC
shoutout: 19 Points
zjurina: 18 Points
Darkness_Fallen_Angel: 11 points

TMC

muerte84 (61 pts.)
Lionet (51 pts.)
zjurina (45 pts.)

THEME OF THE WEEK
unlocked-by DRAGON

WALLPAPER OF THE WEEK
a honour to HB-
hazard-PSP wallpaper-by TAILS_PROWER

EXTRAS

WEEKLY GYAN
The first owner of the Marlboro cigarette Company died of lung cancer. i don't know his name yet, but i am sure you can google the guy yourself
brr.....thats scary!

A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a Carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After Weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe Leaving her mentally retarded
now that i find funny(maybe i am "sick"??)

JOKE OF THE WEEK
The following warning labels will be placed immediately on all varieties of alcohol containers:

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering what the hell happened to your bra and panties
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a retard.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to think you can sing
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy
WARNING: The consumption of alcahol may Mack you tink you can tipe real gode

COMICS
born loser-
(IMG:http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8253/bornloser2002222371128fy4.gif)

marvin-
(IMG:http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/1829/marvinsy1.gif)

zits-
(IMG:http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8730/zitsly1.gif)

WORLD
M9 activities- not much went on this week.so not much to report....

M9 hot topic-
the wallpaper project of HB

i love M9 because.....(in lounge)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 05:33 PM