Reply to this topicStart new topic
> O2 And P4u Contacts
panopticon
post Mar 21 2013, 07:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 434484

Hey all,
Can anyone offer any insight on Phones 4 U and how they are in general?
I called into a store but didn't have a great experience - Background: I would like to shift onto O2 from Vodafone but keep my number.

After chatting to a sales chap, I came out a little confused and perplexed. I was told to either stick on Vodafone, get a new contract with them or look at another provider. They didn't really mention O2 much, even though thats who I want to go with and they just talked about other carriers. I seem to remember something about them loosing contracts with O2 so can't sign you up anymore? Something like that. be good if anyone knows what the score is or their experiences with Phones4U stores.

Cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gemmawilliams
post Mar 25 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 17594909

This is a long rant so stick with me!

(short answer AVOID!!!!!!!!)

I went into Phones4U to start a new contract with a new phone.  For the first time ever I hadn't researched what I was going to buy I just throughout I would chat to the sales guy and go with what fitted my needs the best.

Little did I know this was the worst idea EVER.  I was talked into buying an S3, however my contract didn't end with on my current phone for another 20 days.  I began using my S3 as soon as I got home.  Initially I loved it.  Then after 3 weeks it just broke.  It was now an expensive brick!

I took it back into Phones4U to swap it.  They said no send it back to manufacturer.  I tried explaining I hadn't had it long and I just wanted to give it back get my money back.  They kept refusing and I was stood in the shop arguing! I was so annoyed it had broken so soon I just wanted my money back now so I could go and get another phone.

I wasn't until I pointed out that because they delayed the start of my contract I was within the cancellation window that i eventually got my money back and the contract stopped.  It took nearly an hour of arguing with a member of staff though.  Has totally put me off for life! will never go in there again.

p.s. bought an iPhone now!

+Quote Post
panopticon
post Mar 25 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 434484

Yikes!!!!!

Thanks. I've always been a little clueless about phones and phone shopping, so kind of good to know that...
Bit scary. Going to go elsewhere I think.

+Quote Post
Соℓoяƒuℓℓ☻Liƒε
post Apr 9 2013, 10:22 AM
Post #4

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 8908111

if pepole are confuseing indiscret dont doo anny busnnies with them

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:17 PM