Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Member Opinion, make your opinion count
Gault
post Feb 1 2009, 07:14 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 3469839

alright i agree with continuous WPC but still only 48 hours for voting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Feb 1 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 583675

ok.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
davis-art
post Feb 1 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 415614

I agree with continuous WPC, but I don't see any reasons for so long voting. 24 hours is more than enough for that...

This post has been edited by davis-art: Feb 1 2009, 09:08 AM

+Quote Post
shalu2173
post Feb 1 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 1357744

QUOTE (boxieblue @ Feb 1 2009, 04:33 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) okay okay guys! everyone get's atleast 1 point from each voter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) but Shalu, what are ur opinions on my second question above?

Hmmm sounds confusing but we can give it a try if the change is flexible enough to change again if we get into a loop n (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif) confused..

U gota be more smart with ur efforts then Boxie..Will have to explain again n again what has to be done next! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gathering.gif)

unless n until we start with it ..it will remain confusing..so i feel I will Agree with u BOXIE!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Feb 1 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

ok....looks like i have got some supposrt on this

@Davis: well...i want to give members enough spcae. 24 hours would be too less. what if one member has to go out somewhere? after all, everyone here has a life outside of M9 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i wouldn't want to disqualify any member for not getting time to vote (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

the "loop", as Shalu calls it, will start from next week.......this time it will be a pure-vote 40-hour period

+Quote Post
dLazaros
post Feb 1 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 53393

Back in the stone age when i was running the tmc there was a simple system. The winner chose the theme for next week after. That meant that when i opened the voting thread i opened the new topic aswell. Simple.

+Quote Post
Gault
post Feb 1 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

@Davis: well...i want to give members enough spcae. 24 hours would be too less. what if one member has to go out somewhere? after all, everyone here has a life outside of M9 laugh.gif i wouldn't want to disqualify any member for not getting time to vote wink.gif

this is just why i agreed with 48 hours for voting.

+Quote Post
davis-art
post Feb 1 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 415614

QUOTE (Gault @ Feb 1 2009, 10:58 PM) *
@Davis: well...i want to give members enough spcae. 24 hours would be too less. what if one member has to go out somewhere? after all, everyone here has a life outside of M9 laugh.gif i wouldn't want to disqualify any member for not getting time to vote wink.gif

this is just why i agreed with 48 hours for voting.

Well, maybe you're right. Once I lost my gold in WPC 14 because my internet connection was broken, and I didn't vote. Connection was restored in 8 hours after voting booth was closed... Ok, I agree with 48 hours (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Feb 1 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

@DL: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) sounds too simple (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) well...let's give this system a shot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_DJ_Dubb_*
post Feb 2 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #25

Guests

On the topic of 'POINTS': I agree with the introduction of the RC style point scoring method. It seems to work really well in that particular competition and I see no reason why it couldn't work the same here. It would also be GR8 to see more regular competitors each week, I know that I personally will be a regular competitor in the RC and WPC.

On the topic of of 'VOTING': What everyone needs to take into consideration here, is the fact that a lot of our votes come from general members, not competitors as such. I personally feel that this entire competition could be run in the same manner as the RC. Yeah 3 days is a long time to wait for results, but I'd prefer to get as many votes in, as I can. So I say make it 3 days VOTING period.

The only thing that I'm not too sure about is the'Continuous Weeks'. Not too sure if it would achieve much!! As I've said, it would be much better if this competition could be run in a similar manner to the RC. So I'll just leave you with that thought.

@ boxie..... you did a brilliant job in running this competition this week and I'd like to thankyou for making it possible for all of us to join. GR8 job bro.

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Feb 2 2009, 01:11 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

@DJ: first of all, thanks for your opinions..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
secondly, thanks for the compliment (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

it's been said before that all competitions are different and we can't, and shouldn't, compare one to another. nor should one competition try to entirely copy the format of another. of course, it is nice to observe the other competitions and try to take the good points from them, like the hidden voting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
about the "continous weeks" it is so that members get the maximum possible of 7 days, and you dont have to wait for two days....that way you wont ever run out of time to make something (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) and it also makes it easier for me to scout for newbies, which i can't otherwise do in the two days voting period :D

thanks again for the suggestions (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
ahodarkar
post Feb 2 2009, 05:03 AM
Post #27

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 792651

im still a lil puzzled bout t continuous thing.....well i guess an IQ of 149 wasnt adequate for me to grasp the concept (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...i can see a spot of bother in t coming week...lets see....high probability that im wrong...

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Feb 2 2009, 05:18 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

well, Ahodarkar, i can assure u that once it gets going it is going to be VERY simple (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Gault
post Feb 2 2009, 06:59 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

Well we can see if this way it goes better. but if anyone has trouble. understanding it. we can change the method.

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Feb 3 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

QUOTE (dLazaros @ Feb 2 2009, 01:56 AM) *
Back in the stone age when i was running the tmc there was a simple system. The winner chose the theme for next week after. That meant that when i opened the voting thread i opened the new topic aswell. Simple.

(IMG:http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04_04/flintstoneDM2004_468x343.jpg)

Which one is you and which one is Mr. Elton? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Btw, I'm still using your TMC running procedure dated May 23 2005. Good stuff! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) I would be lost without it.

QUOTE (ahodarkar @ Feb 1 2009, 02:20 AM) *
in rc we give
1st 6pts
2nd 5pts
3rd 4pts
4th 3pts
5th 2pts
everybody else 1pt

this way...nobody ends up wid 0 points...t newcomers dont get disheartened...as they would wen they see a 0 in front of their name
i remember how distraught i was wen i participated in tmc for fun
3 tries later i still dint get 1 lousy point
never participated again

besides if u observe keenly...the 1 pt that everybody else get changes t dynamics of t vote

Ah ha! Some food for thought. We do have lots of zeros in TMC.

QUOTE (boxieblue @ Feb 1 2009, 03:53 PM) *
the only thing is that YOUR theme will be implemented one week late (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I don't see any problem in having the winner's topic one week late. But you might want to consider letting them know when their topic is up & running (via PM / profile shoutbox) as some people always participate in their own topic & will help participants who might have some questions about the topic etc.

+Quote Post

58 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 09:41 AM