Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TMC Discussions
p.snp
post Sep 1 2009, 03:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 1166772

@jasnasto .............

could u pls make participants as two group based on their winng trophy as like RC ................(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) coz here winning chance for begnners (like me) is less than -0.00000000001 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

TMC is very hard and need more time to make theme as compared with other 2 challenge ......... participate without winning expectation will make boring ...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by liapireas: Nov 12 2013, 05:22 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PG001
post Sep 1 2009, 04:44 AM
Post #2

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 5332564

QUOTE (p.snp @ Sep 1 2009, 03:32 PM) *
@jasnasto .............

could u pls make participants as two group based on their winng trophy as like RC ................(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) coz here winning chance for begnners (like me) is less than -0.00000000001 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

TMC is very hard and need more time to make theme as compared with other 2 challenge ......... participate without winning expectation will make boring ...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

i 100% agree With P.snp On This
I Also Thaught Of Entering This Week
But Later Thought I Will Not Cause The Time Utilised On It Can Go
In Vain Cause There's No Chance Of Winning

AND A big congrats to all the winner's

+Quote Post
_anuj_
post Sep 1 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 4866144

QUOTE (PG001 @ Sep 1 2009, 12:44 PM) *
@jasnasto .............

I understand what you guys are saying but imo winning is not that important, its the taking part , learning from other themers, talking to the rest of the guys here and lets not forget having fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) if other themers here did not enter the competition because of no chance of winning there would be very few participants For me personally I have seen a dramatic differnce in my themes from the first competion to the recent one and that is more important to me that i have learned from each experience. I have to say well done to m9 team who run the competition so well and to the themers who bring us good advice and encouragment (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by _anuj_: Sep 1 2009, 08:46 AM

+Quote Post
Atalantos
post Sep 1 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 405066

@jasnasto .............

Hm as I said in the previous week... when I started entering here, it was TMC 170, you must have a look what I was against with link
there were "worst" tho (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

never gave up and just because I wanted to be like those themers (still trying), to be a great designer (still trying) and the most of all... "to have fun" (I'm still having) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

no mater with who you will be against with, your biggest competitor is your self (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (I don't remember who said that)

keep on theming, it will come the "desirable" pod in no time, you will see!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
your_mother
post Sep 1 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 2505090

@jasnasto .............

I agree with Atatalantos and anuj in this matter. Also I'm absolutly against a voting system like RC. I think the results are wrong in the end, 'cause it's not the best who's gonna win, it's the best of the choices given when voting. And, also if winning's not all (I'm participating since a pretty long time and almost never win...), it's still a competition and I'd like to know where I stand in it.

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Sep 1 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

My previous post.
QUOTE (Arthurwill)
@PG001 @p.snp
Thank you for your suggestion. We did think about that sometime ago ... but postpone the idea due to lack of manpower. We will discuss about this again and see what we can do. I can understand very well what you guys are feeling competing with some of the best themers in the world.

@_anuj_ @Atalantos @your_mother
Right, I heard you guys & girls. And I'm so glad to hear those words. Learn, practice, open to critics, keep going, have fun ... those are exactly the spirit of TMC. They are still alive!! WOW. But I think we can't deny that not everybody is like that, and it is true that looking at those entries is a little scary to those who just started theming. They didn't see great themer's 1st theme, they see only what these themers can do now.

Everything is in drawing board at the moment. So if you have any suggestions, voice it out please. We want to hear from you.

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Sep 1 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

Some of my ideas:
- have a showcase thread (1st TMC entry & latest TMC entry to the date we compile the thread) so new themers can see themselves how everyone starts from zero then slowly become a great themer
- once every month / 2 months we host a Beginner TMC for those who are new or haven't won any trophy in theming competition before, then have pro themers to help them out

Open for discussions.

+Quote Post
dragon2590
post Sep 1 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 1088861

ok guys i have sumthing to say too ^^

ya it is a gud i dea to split the groups so there is a chance for the new themers to win

but to be a gud themer or a gud designer ( not to say i am ) we need to compete with the great theme-rs so v can be the same to ^^

this is my very first theme hahahaha

Week 155

to be honest u new theme-rs are 10 times better then i was when i was new T.T i su@# T.T

u guys are almost there so keep working hard u all will get there soon ^^ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
Sourav_Kumar
post Sep 1 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 5101800

i also would like to add something...........
If we split into two groups then some middle themers (like me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) ) will also get shifted to group b, and we will have better chance of winning.......
but as you can see we don't want that at all......as we have tasted the spirit and fun of competitions and understood that improvement will automatically lead to success.....
moreover it's not that winning chances reduces with increase of participants.......as you can see in this week there are 5 winners as the variety of voting increases with more participants......
that's all.....

+Quote Post
_anuj_
post Sep 1 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 4866144

To be Honest im not really in favour of splitting the group, but as AW suggestested maybe its possible to hold a beginners competion every few months and have the experienced themers offer advice and feedback, naturally people want to win competitions, but there are no shortcuts to the podium, i think the journey is more important than the destination, one of the best ways to learn is to study other themers work,and lets say the group was split how would we learn from each other., and i think its a good idea to display themers first and recent themes to show how we all started out in Tmc( just dont show my first theme its terrible (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )

+Quote Post
sam1374
post Sep 1 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 1324029

When i started taking part in theme comp...i was like big 0....its only after u keep making themes u get better.

+Quote Post
rhtz
post Sep 2 2009, 12:23 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 3334496

couldn't keep myself away from this discussion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) .. ..so here are few things.. ..
@all who wants the split:: assume the managers and admins decide to split the contest, now will you be satisfied by winning against the ones who are at the same level as you are or winning against the best themers after all the hard will be more satisfactory?..? its your call.. ..
I feel competing with the best brings out the best in you.. ..and why is winning so important?..? try to enjoy what you do, work hard and look at all the previous and current work of the good themers and try to learn from those, sooner or later you will get the result.. ..and as anuj said, the journey is more important than the destination.. ..I still wish I could participate with Jasna, Zjurina, BBT, Patrick, Dr_megabyte, Augustborn99, Maampia, Zleepy, Mrklan [and the list goes on] all in the same competition (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) .. ..

@AW:: hosting TMC for beginners once every 2 months sounds nice [only if I can participate too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ] .. ..
and we have a TMC Hall of Fame and individual themers showcase thread, so I dont think another showcase thread would be necessary.. ..

+Quote Post
your_mother
post Sep 2 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 2505090

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Sep 2 2009, 03:27 AM) *
Some of my ideas:
- have a showcase thread (1st TMC entry & latest TMC entry to the date we compile the thread) so new themers can see themselves how everyone starts from zero then slowly become a great themer
- once every month / 2 months we host a Beginner TMC for those who are new or haven't won any trophy in theming competition before, then have pro themers to help them out

Open for discussions.

I like that idea!

+Quote Post
shalu2173
post Sep 2 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 1357744

QUOTE (rhtz @ Sep 2 2009, 12:53 PM) *
couldn't keep myself away from this discussion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) .. ..so here are few things.. ..
@all who wants the split:: assume the managers and admins decide to split the contest, now will you be satisfied by winning against the ones who are at the same level as you are or winning against the best themers after all the hard will be more satisfactory?..? its your call.. ..
I feel competing with the best brings out the best in you.. ..and why is winning so important?..? try to enjoy what you do, work hard and look at all the previous and current work of the good themers and try to learn from those, sooner or later you will get the result.. ..and as anuj said, the journey is more important than the destination.. ..I still wish I could participate with Jasna, Zjurina, BBT, Patrick, Dr_megabyte, Augustborn99, Maampia, Zleepy, Mrklan [and the list goes on] all in the same competition (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) .. ..

@AW:: hosting TMC for beginners once every 2 months sounds nice [only if I can participate too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ] .. ..
and we have a TMC Hall of Fame and individual themers showcase thread, so I dont think another showcase thread would be necessary.. ..

Totally agree with @RHTZ
@AW it is a great idea.Can be worked upon.

+Quote Post
Guest_krakit_*
post Sep 3 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #15

Guests

i Agree with All of You.
But Really, Winning isn't that Important.
i mean, whats the Use of Winning a Competition where You are Counted in a Starters Row
and You know the Fact, that Someone is Better than You. That Winning Trophy wont Count
in anyway at All, While You are Aware of the Professional Themers.
But, i even Agree with the Fact, that Your Trying to Explain. If We are Grouped, then we would
participate more Often, because of the Ray of Hope Alive in Us of Winning. Otherwise some may
Loose Hope and Never Return DisHeartedly.
But Trust me, if You want to be Better in Theme Making. All You need is a Very Kreativ Mind and
Basic Editing Software Skills. If You don't have Effects in Your Software, then You can Always Try
to kreat it with Your Observation Skills. Trust me on this one. You just need to Visualise What does a
Particular Effect ShowCases and How it Reacts. Then just Concentrate on All the Aspects. Thats it.
You will get it.
i have Experienced it. Trust me.
keep smiling

+Quote Post

22 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 10:28 AM