Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TMC Discussions
CrazEric
post Sep 14 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 4988836

I’m not a TMC participant but I always follow the competition and I have an opinion about this …
and once I have an opinion it’s hard to shut me up – even with an axe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think you should consider looking at things the other way around.
Instead of starting a beginners competition … start an advanced competition (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

Let the beginners, Rising Themers and Gifted Themers compete in the normal TMC.
But once you’re a Certified Themer or Legendary Themer you are only allowed to participate in the Advanced themer competition.
That way beginners can still get plenty of help from Rising and Gifted themers without having to compete against Certified and Legendary themers.

And of course an advanced competition will be easier for the competition managers to handle since they can pretty much take care of themselves (except for the vote counts, etc.). If there are not enough certified and legendary themers you can of course set different criteria for entrance to the advanced competition. Maybe by invitation only or something (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Well that’s my thoughts on this … hope you don’t mind (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
findgirl45
post Sep 15 2009, 01:06 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 3412794

only one vote so bye bye TMC forever

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Sep 15 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Sep 15 2009, 04:06 PM) *

Did you take a look at how Atalantos, angelnaina & hungnc started in TMC? If I'm not mistaken, they haven't got more votes than you when started too. See what they become today? Votes & winning will come to those who continue tuning their theming skill. You will be one of them one day too if you continue working. My 2 cents. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

+Quote Post
angelnaina
post Sep 15 2009, 02:06 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 3179816

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Sep 15 2009, 01:45 PM) *

Did you take a look at how Atalantos, angelnaina & hungnc started in TMC? If I'm not mistaken, they haven't got more votes than you when started too. See what they become today? Votes & winning will come to those who continue tuning their theming skill. You will be one of them one day too if you continue working. My 2 cents. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

i am agree with AW. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .i more thing i waan to say sucess never comes easily..u have too work hard and some time harder and then see,sucess will b ur's.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

hope u will too work hard to achieve ur's goal.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
_anuj_
post Sep 15 2009, 02:15 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 4866144

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Sep 15 2009, 09:15 AM) *

First of all I want to say congrats to the winners well done

and on a more serious note.......

to be honest I in part understand what find Girl has said, although i completley respect the judges votes, the winners completley deserverd the win. However I do feel I have to question the public votes.
If You look at the graph with the public votes Galmed, sinner, Krakit, pg001 and bisomar have been given 1,2,3,4 and 5 votes respectivley where as find girl nor myself have recived none from the public.

In my opinion If themes which have a number of issues and problems get votes and themes which are fairly good do not get any public votes, it makes me question the whole public voting system.

Im really sorry if I have offended anyone by bringing this up, but i just wanted to voice my opinion, though in closing i would say i wont give up entering the competition as i really enjoy them as it helps me learn.

agin im sorry if I have upset anyone that was not my intention

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Sep 15 2009, 02:50 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

Ok, looks like I have caused a fire again. AW is running to find a fire extinguisher ... (IMG:http://www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Emotion-Scare/scarerun.gif)

Let me say this, the TMC is not perfect. It had never been and it might never be. The voting is not perfect & I cannot word it any better than what Dr_Megabyte has explained. People have their own preference & no matter how professional we think we are, subconsciously our emotion affects out votes, our decision. What we can do is raise people's awareness of how this is happening & urge you to be as objective as possible during voting. Another thing is we strictly forbidden cheating (2 accounts voting for each other) & act on it. If one member continuously vote for same themer we will talk to him/her about it. Then this year, we introduced judge voting. We do these to try to be fair to everyone (but you know this, life is never 100% fair & square. Just look around you ... plenty of examples ...). Public voting might not be fair to everyone. If anyone has ideas how we can improve it, let us know. You have my ears.

What we do know & I have stressed this a lot of times now. TMC is a platform to make friends with other M9ers who share the same passion in theming, exchange ideas & feedback, improve skills, and have fun. Try to ask those who have been with TMC for some time & have the right mindset, they will tell you that TMC has enabled them to achieved 5 things mentioned above.

QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Sep 15 2009, 05:15 PM) *
I just wanted to voice my opinion, though in closing i would say i wont give up entering the competition as i really enjoy them as it helps me learn.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_krakit_*
post Sep 15 2009, 04:41 AM
Post #22

Guests

i agree with You Arthur.
Anuj, i Understand Your Feelings too. But Public Voting is Something that You can't change.
There are Tons of People Voting, of whom, All have their Different Opinions regarding their
Different Tastes. You can't Really Question them Until its supposed to be a Communal Affair.
No Offence meant Anuj.
But, Yes i do agree with You here, that YOUR Theme and Sonia'z Theme was Way Better than
mine. And i really Think, You Guyz Deserved more Votes than me.
But, i am Glad Your not Mad at that. And You Enjoy Theme Making. After All thats what matters.
Enjoying the Moment, bonding together and to Think of it.
Girlz and Guyz! We are a Team. We are a Very Creative set of People who are supposed to be
Proud of Ourselves for being a Part of a Community that Offers Us Skills and Entertainment like Such.
As i always say.
You ALL are Great Themerz.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

+Quote Post
ghassemoo
post Sep 15 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 1858984

QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Sep 15 2009, 01:06 AM) *

This Theme Was My First Theme At TMC (TMC 189). I Had Only 3 Votes Between 7 Participants! Finaly I Won My First Podium At TMC 198 Between Only 7 Participants! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/1.gif)

You Had 1 Vote This Week But Between 18 Participants. You Are Really Good Themer. Just You Must Work More.

+Quote Post
daisy06
post Sep 15 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 2704166

ok im sorry, but have to have my say, That is a really bad attitude!

As everyone else has said , TMC is not just for winning its for learning and improving, you got one vote!
Thats not bad...at least you got that one vote, Ive seen many tmc's where ppl havent even gotten that!

be proud of your work ask for advice and opinions and DONT GIVE UP SO EASILY! I hope you dont give up
that easily in life!

As for splitting I think its a bad idea, For me personally (and im not the greatest themer) i love competing with ppl
like Naina, Shalu, Sam, Gault, mom, NVDVS1, Branislaw, BBT (i know there's soooo many more of you, your all great)
ive learnt so much from all of them! Bur its not just that, its the interaction, the support, the joking around, just the whole
atmosphere really!

So findgirl dont give up! We all have to start somwhere and to start with one vote....well you can only go up from there!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_krakit_*
post Sep 16 2009, 08:28 AM
Post #25

Guests

i agree with You Daisy.
Sonia, Don't Give Up soon.
Its Just Timely Matters.
You know i got 3 Votes which i never Deserved.
You got one Vote. And That kind of makes You no.1
i mean, if You look at the Positive Side.
i got 3 Votes that makes me no3 Themer. i mean that actually reflects my Skills. i am a 3rd grade Themer.
You got one Vote, which means You are no.1...
i know that sounds Stupid. But there are ways when at the Sickest situations You have an Opportunity to Learn to
be Happy. See, i just gave You the Tag of being No.1 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)
Dosen't that makes You Unique.
Come On, we are all with You Sonia.
We All Love You.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

+Quote Post
mynameisriki
post Sep 22 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #26

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 5872486

i am beginner too...

i thing it is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) idea to have a separate tmc for the beginers..

+Quote Post
shaon007009
post Sep 26 2009, 08:17 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 5150223

I'm Also A Beginner...........
I Think I Like To Learn More & More...........
So I Like To Participate With Great Themer Together............
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/gathering.gif)

This post has been edited by shaon007009: Sep 26 2009, 08:26 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_krakit_*
post Sep 28 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #28

Guests

GUYZ can we Talk about SONY ERRICSON THEME Competition as a Singular thing Here.
Because for me, it gets Difficult to Compare an SE theme with a Symbian Theme. And After all,
there is a Contest held for the Symbian based phone then Don't You guys think that, SE should also
have some Respect here. NO OFFENCE to SYmbian. But, maybe we can have a Seperate Forum and
Contest Where You are Allowed to Compete with both Themes and One for only SE as there is one for Symbian.
Please Comment Your Views. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif)

+Quote Post
liapireas
post Oct 19 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 5536126

Hello everybody!!!
I personally like the things the way they are.TMC is a hard and difficult competition but I like a rough challenge, than an easy one with more chances of getting a trothy! (winning isn't everything you know!)
TMC for me is where I can compete with great themers that I admire and I want to be like them.It makes me wants to work even harder when I have opposite of me excellent themers like zjurina, atalantos, jasnasto etc .......
Just watch the others work, take example from them, have the right stuff to work(such as the right photoshop brushes and styles....) and try to improve for yourself not for getting a gold medal!!!
Don't shoot me is just my hubble opinion...
(Can we try to improve the voting system a little bit?)

+Quote Post
rhtz
post Oct 20 2009, 09:38 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 3334496

QUOTE (liapireas @ Oct 19 2009, 03:22 PM) *
(Can we try to improve the voting system a little bit?)

If you have any idea, please share (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .. ..

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 08:23 PM