IPB
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Problems Connecting To Your Pc?, Please read this before you post!!
ender_82
post Nov 8 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #31

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 750932

Ok.I've been at this for a good hour now.
I finally have my phone detected by rsd Lite but when I open motomidman I get an error message saying:

"Unsupported platform. Cant continue"

Any suggestions?

Im on Windows XP and my phone is a Razr V3X.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Nov 12 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 427062

Unfortunately your phone is not supported by motomidman. Try the guide I posted in the topic (in this forum) called "midman error".

+Quote Post
wildcard26
post Nov 23 2006, 04:21 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 787607

Hey all new to the forum but I have been bumming around for a while. Gots to give the site a :10: . Anyhoos I am not new to Motorola but new to modding. I have a V3i and I followed all of your instructions to a tee even doubting myself at times if I did the right thing and did it over again in many different ways....Still no luck. I am starting to wonder if the fact that my phone is locked has something to with it. The phone connects when it is plugged in but as soon as the software is opened (or opened before the phone is connected) it just drops off. Could some one help me here please because I have obsessed myself for weeks in getting this to work and I have failed miserably. Thanks in advance.

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Nov 24 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

The fact that the phone is locked shouldn't cause any problems at all. Are you using XP SP2? If so, try uninstalling the drivers and then use the file linked in post 14 to reinstall the drivers. Now open RSD Lite 2.7 and see if you can connect.

+Quote Post
wildcard26
post Nov 24 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #35

Hey I almost gave up this morning but I found another guideline after a search this morning. I am using Xp w/ Sp2. It was out lined that the drivers were not MOTODRIVERS and that was causing the problem. I followed the steps and PRESTO ! It worked. All components installed. I can even use Skin Manager without having to open RSD. Just did my first skin upload and it turned out well. I am going to try changing the picture on my external display now. Looking for the guide lines now. will keep you posted and you all keep up the great work. Kudos for the fast response.

+Quote Post
wildcard26
post Nov 24 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #36

Hey I got it to work after a final search (almost gave up in dismay.). I found that I had to use original MOTODRIVERS. I am using using XP pro SP2. Everthing works now and Skin Manager even works without RSD Lite. I just uploaded my first skin and now I'm going to try to change the external display image. I will keep you posted and kudos for such a timely response.

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Nov 24 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Great, glad you got it sorted. :)

Mind linking the guide in case other users come across the same problem?

+Quote Post
WantedDesi
post Nov 24 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 791556

hey bro i need help man i got a RAZR v3 and i got skin manager but it dosen't connect to my phone, i got motorola phone tools and it connects to my phone no problem, but when i open up skin manager my phone gets dissconected.... can you please help me outt

mod edit - quote removed, cleaning up topic.

This post has been edited by EchoZulu: Dec 28 2006, 06:51 AM

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Nov 25 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

First, note that you cannot use any P2k apps like Skins Manager while MPT is open (they use different drivers). You will probably need to install RSD Lite. Follow the procedure in post 1 of this guide and you shouldn't have any problems.

+Quote Post
WantedDesi
post Nov 25 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 791556

QUOTE(EchoZulu @ Nov 25 2006, 04:29 PM)
First, note that you cannot use any P2k apps like Skins Manager while MPT is open (they use different drivers).  You will probably need to install RSD Lite.  Follow the procedure in post 1 of this guide and you shouldn't have any problems.
[right][snapback]258349[/snapback][/right]

hey man i figured out the problem, it was acutally my drivers, i used the guide by yitz0550 and after that everything was connected.... thanks man.

+Quote Post
wildcard26
post Nov 27 2006, 05:44 AM
Post #41

Hey I can't find the link for the guide but I did copy it to a MS Word Document. I am going to copy it here but I will put the link in when I get it but her this is in the mean time.

Many people, including myself and some professionals, have had problems with the P2K Drivers. Some never installed them right, and others report sudden problems. So here I will try to explain, in a few very easy steps, how to first Un-Install the drivers, and then Re-Install them correctly.

Things you will need:

A) Driver Tool

B) AlZip

C) RSD Lite 2.5 (or higher). Use Google to search for this one, as links to WAREZ is against forum rules.

----------------------------------

Now, for the "tutorial":

1) Download Driver Tool.

2) Unzip the .RAR file using AlZip. (After AlZip is installed, right-click on the file, and choose "Extract to current folder")

3) In the "MOTODRIVERS" folder, run the "Driver Tool" utility. You will get this:

Then this:

This process shouldn't take more than 30 seconds.

4) Open RSD Lite.

5) Plug in the phone.

6) The computer will "chirp" and you will get a notification that windows found a "New Hardware-Motorola Modem".

7) Now here comes the tricky part: Choose option 2 when the computer asks you to install the drivers, and press "Next". Like this:

8) Press "Browse", and look for the file you unzipped earlier named "MOTODRIVERS". Press "Ok". Like this:

The computer will find the drivers and say "Your hardware is installed and ready to be used".
DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE YET! The computer will find some more hardware.

9) Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the for the following:

"Accessories Interface"
"Data Logging MCU Interface"
"Test Command Interface"

10) Unplug the phone. Leave RSD Lite open.

11) Turn off the phone.

12) Force the phone into Boot-Loader Mode, by pressing * # and "power", simultaneously.

13) Plug the phone into the computer (RSD Lite should still be running).

14) Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the "Motorola Flash Interface".

Now you should have all (5) drivers correctly installed!

Note: If you make a mistake somewhere in the middle, just start from the beggining. The process should take no more than 5 minutes.

Hope this helps somebody. Good luck.

+Quote Post
wildcard26
post Nov 27 2006, 06:16 AM
Post #42

Hey I found the link. Here it is:

http://www.motox.info/showthread.php?t=18372

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Nov 27 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

Great, thanks for the link. Definitely worth a shot if all else fails! Be careful though and do this at your own risk!

+Quote Post
princeofloveg
post Nov 29 2006, 07:26 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 794854

i have the big problem with my razr v3i. plz can any one tell me that can i connect my razr v3i in windows 98se. if no then plz tell me the other way. along with this i have rsd lite 2.7 but it doesnt installed in 98se. so plz give me other programme link with work with 98se to connet the phone.

one more thing i have connected my phone using one driver motorola modem. through with i can use one software named "mobiledit". but through this sowftware i can only browse pic, videos, ect which we can browse through memory card so now i want to change themes and skins so plz help me in this matter.

+Quote Post
EchoZulu
post Nov 29 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Mobiledit uses competely different drivers. You're going to have to do some serious searching if you want to use P2k apps on 98se. You're better off just using a PC with XP SP2...

This post has been edited by EchoZulu: Nov 29 2006, 06:50 PM

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 01:02 AM