Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chatterbox, ...ideas, suggestions, comments
VanjaT630
post Mar 12 2007, 02:13 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Site Contributor
Member No.: 77716

@ all - I think I'll try and reach Rank 9:Champion...just so I'm not too far behind technokid & luis...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
luisleal
post Mar 13 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 488791

Congrats Vanja! (Chief)

I wouldn't mind to give you half of my Cp points and get half of your posts! :good:

Keep on the good work mate!

:cheers:

LuisLeal

This post has been edited by luisleal: Mar 13 2007, 12:38 AM

+Quote Post
VanjaT630
post Mar 13 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Neither would I mind... Nah, I'll need about 200 files to get to the next rank... It'll take me a few months for that... But, no hurry...

+Quote Post
VanjaT630
post Mar 13 2007, 06:31 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

Just a reminder to all members, one does not have to be a member of M.o.S. to enter the ringtone challenge, the only prerequisite is to post a Trophy Case in theTrophy Room...

+Quote Post
VanjaT630
post Mar 23 2007, 04:34 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

... :...: :wallbash: :surrender: ... funny, how 3 weeks in a row people are voting wrong... Before 2nd Week's voting I changed the rules (obviously no one reads them), and noted (and also the rule is visible in the first post when you open the Week N Voting topic), that every member that participated in that week's challenge should post a weekly theme along with his/her votes... So, I don't have to worry about the winning members (who chooses the next wek's heme) being online within next 24 hours from announcing the results...That way the weekly theme is known the moment I declare the winner...but NOOOOOOO.... You all want to do it the hard way... Sorry, I can't help you... I tried, I made the rule visible, but no one noticed, and now it is the 3rd voting, and again, no one notices... But the rule is still boldly standing, hanging around... I just hope the Week 5 Voting will change this - when you guys finnaly notice this post... :(

+Quote Post
ssivic
post Mar 23 2007, 05:07 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 838525

Well dont worry I have voted, and ofcourse havent choose the next wek's theme, because I know I wont win....anyway I will in week five no worries... :byebye:

+Quote Post
sexysaraz2
post Mar 23 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #37

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 775563

QUOTE(VanjaT630 @ Mar 23 2007, 05:34 AM)
...  :...:  :wallbash:  :surrender: ... funny, how 3 weeks in a row people are voting wrong... Before 2nd Week's voting I changed the rules (obviously no one reads them), and noted (and also the rule is visible in the first post when you open the Week N Voting topic), that every member that participated in that week's challenge should post a weekly theme along with his/her votes... So, I don't have to worry about the winning members (who chooses the next wek's heme) being online within next 24 hours from announcing the results...That way the weekly theme is known the moment I declare the winner...but NOOOOOOO.... You all want to do it the hard way... Sorry, I can't help you... I tried, I made the rule visible, but no one noticed, and now it is the 3rd voting, and again, no one notices... But the rule is still boldly standing, hanging around... I just hope the Week 5 Voting will change this - when you guys finnaly notice this post... :(
[right][snapback]299453[/snapback][/right]

Sorry Vanja, I do not know how I have overlooked that you changed the voting!
:cry: I will make sure that I change my voting for next week.

+Quote Post
VanjaT630
post Mar 24 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Nice to see the shiny trophies fill the Trophy Room week after week... :good:

This is my personal conclusion of the Ringtone Challenge so far - techno is the thing around here, if you make the good techno ringtone (with a good melody and good beats), you'll definetly make it to the weekly podium...

+Quote Post
VanjaT630
post Mar 25 2007, 03:19 AM
Post #39

Group Icon

:rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle:

I hope all members will see this -> IMPORTANT UPDATE TO THE RULES AND THE ENTIRE RINGTONE CHALLENGE!!!!!

So, it came to my attention that some members' ringtones are very questionable, in terms of did they remix it, or just took the already remixed version...

I've recieved complaints from several members, and decided that something needs to change around here...

What is changed is that along with your ringtone, you have to upload the part of the song you've used to make the remix... That way, everyone can judge the true value of your work... I'll speak in my name, I've spent 3 hours making my ringtone for Week 4, and it definetly deserves a higher ranking (in terms of the quality of the remix)...Which definetly couldn't be said for some other members...

Also, Ringtone Challenge won't change the name into Remix Ringtone Challenge (like some proposed)... But that doesn't mean that the originals will be accepted, the name of the challenge is that simply because it's about ringtones...

ALSO, I'm deeply worried and sad that NOBODY reads the rulebook... Which is obvious by the number of views it has, 80% are by me... I made some changes, but no one saw them... Well, not my problem...

I'm also sad that no one else is voting, apart from the members that entered the challenge... How come? Do I have to write a special invitation to the entire M9 Community?... Go figure...

I'll make the rules more strict if necessary if this won't help... You have been warned...

+Quote Post
VanjaT630
post Apr 21 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

... sadly, this topic is inactive... :(

My view on the current standings...very close...it's a very close match between technokid360, McKing, sunilkm123 and myself... :clap:

And, also, sadly, the number of new members that enter the challenge is almost 0... This week, razbgd entered, and I think it will pass another couple of weeks before someone new decides to enter the challenge... I wish you can prove me wrong... :good:

+Quote Post
McKing
post Apr 22 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #41

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 838024

yeah, it's very closed among 4 of us. however, i realised each contestant has own speciality in making ringtone. just a few examples:

-Husky's pro in mixing background effects into original tone.

-no doubt, technokid's the King of techno music remixes in M9!

-sunilkm is the all times best indies mixes.

-sara has her own styles in classic mix.

these are a few examples as i see their trends in making ringtones in the challenge. i'm sorry if anyone doesn't agree with that. well, it's just my point of view. anyway, i really appreciate and enjoy with the different type of ringtone makings. u guys are talented! :10: :clap2: :pray: :grouphug:

This post has been edited by McKing: Apr 22 2007, 01:40 PM

+Quote Post
ssivic
post Apr 23 2007, 05:05 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 838525

Yes I agree with you McKing. This different styles is what makes this RC better.

+Quote Post
RazBGD
post Apr 23 2007, 06:18 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

Member No.: 773529

QUOTE(VanjaT630 @ Mar 25 2007, 10:19 AM)
I'm also sad that no one else is voting, apart from the members that entered the challenge... How come? Do I have to write a special invitation to the entire M9 Community?... Go figure...
[right][snapback]300421[/snapback][/right]

QUOTE(VanjaT630 @ Apr 21 2007, 10:08 PM)
And, also, sadly, the number of new members that enter the challenge is almost 0...
[right][snapback]318089[/snapback][/right]

you know that people do need some kind of promotional activities that will stick right in their eyes before they notice anything else besides what they came to m9 for..is there any way that tunes which were on the podium can get some sort of mark with the link to the challenge on the dl page?maybe you could talk with admins about that..I also proposed creation of a new forum,which would not be just a subforum of a theme making but completely separate competition forum..also,when you click on downloads(left top),theres only a link to TMC..another thing for you to talk about with the admins-not many people will do anything without some sort of encouragement.for the TMC,reward is getting more CPs..how many members mos have and how many of them entered the challenge this week?thats the sadest part for me..ringtone request topic is the most visited part of the ringtone forum and I havent seen a word about the challenge in there..I know that some of you wont take this lightly coming from me(this is your turf,etc.) but I just had to write it cause its a pity to see how much effort vanja is putting to make this work and others are a bit indolent..techno did a great thing putting that poster about the mos on his homesite.how about the same thing for the challenge?I know that m9 and the challenge are not everything in the life,but either i do it best i can,or I wont take my clothes at all..etc.,etc...altought this may sound harsh,please-do understand it as friendly post,cause it really is,nothing else :)

This post has been edited by razbgd: Apr 23 2007, 06:33 AM

+Quote Post
RazBGD
post Apr 27 2007, 03:22 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 773529

Vanja,why don`t you put links to all the tunes in the voting booth like they do in the TMC?

+Quote Post
VanjaT630
post Apr 27 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

I'll give it a thought... :good:

+Quote Post

87 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »