Closed TopicStart new topic
> Another Thief?, a prime suspect
Zleepy
post Sep 21 2004, 08:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 29267

I was looking through the galleries and found the member jasnasto
I noticed the user from the top ten authors and reacted since I've never seen the name before.
I then looked at the persons themes and found the user had a huge amount of uploads.
But has never posted a single message on the boards, never entered a themechallenge.
And one thing that's almost certain about those that has previously been in the top 10 is that they've been here for a long time and supplied themes, comunicated and won awards.

This person hasn't.
And looking at the themes I'm pretty sure I saw one that Spawn has made, I might be wrong though.

And they are all the same, babes, cars, guys.
Sorry, but look up the user jasnasto and investigate.
If it's another thief please ban him/her, or atleast reset the entire account.

Now IF this person has made all these themes I'll shut up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vlammetje
post Sep 21 2004, 10:20 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 1851

i think we need to remember that not everybody who uploads also posts on the forum. That in itself means nothing. Also a choice for a certain topic (car babe guy?) means very little imho. We all have our interests and dislikes.

In fact I have to say most themes have a similar styling.... which to me would suggest that they were indeed made by the same author :blink:

However: I found one theme that is not leeched as such.... http://www.mobile9.com/4images/details.php?image_id=6647 just the softkeys and statusbar (and presumably also the highlights) were 'borrowed' off my Honda theme i did for a good friend of mine a while back.

hmmmm i guess he must have liked them :haha:

In any case........... i doubt any themes of anybody like spawn would have gotten uploaded here unnoticed to be honest. We do have gallery screening.

I downloaded one of jasnasto's themes earlier.. cutest ever. :wub: http://www.mobile9.com/4images/details.php?image_id=7018

I checked it for you just now and indeed the xml file reads jasnasto as creator :)

as far as i'm concerned we're all 'innocent till prioven otherwise'

I would not like to see a trend of 'spreading rumours' develop.

In fact I think it would be better if we all agreed here and now NOT to accuse anybody unless we know for sure (and therefore can prove) that themes are stolen.

I wouldn't want to see people go out on witch hunts on nothing but a rumour.

Don't you agree? :)

+Quote Post
Zleepy
post Sep 21 2004, 10:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 29267

No certainly we shouldn't start pointing fingers without good reasons.
And in this case I'll admit I might have jumped the gun a little.
If this person has made all these themes in this short time I'm impressed... With the speed that is ;)

I hope I was wrong about him/her being a thief and if so I appologise to my friends here.

+Quote Post
augustborn99
post Sep 21 2004, 12:33 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 1095

jasnasto is legit. he is VERY prolific. its hard not to have wallpapers similar to each other if you make so many themes

+Quote Post
Falle
post Sep 21 2004, 01:06 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 9088

Zleepy, another themer is N_Pellas, which has got almost 5 top ten themes every month, but never ever written here in the forums. Half of the members, as far as i'm concerned, here on the boards, never ever written a single message. They mostly come here to download themes or post their own in the gallery.

And i have to agree with vlamm that we shouldnt discuss whether people leech or dont. These past days, that's been hot topics, but i really don't care. the ones who takes others themes, dont have samq qualifications as the great themers. then they take others, posting them in their own name. but i really don't care.

This post has been edited by Falle: Sep 21 2004, 01:09 PM

+Quote Post
beano
post Sep 26 2004, 11:24 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 1387

Yeah, I've seen Jasnasto's themes on other sites too, they are the same. They hadn't really sparked any suspicion in me. His/her themes are good too! Maybe they are retired or something

This post has been edited by beano: Sep 26 2004, 11:26 PM

+Quote Post
Patrick
post Sep 27 2004, 12:25 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 3

guys, if you are worried if the authors are legit or not, kindly PM the senior admins. We can verify their identity and take appropriate actions if needed.

We would prefer these matters not taken to the public forum or your own hands least upsetting the accused authors (yes, there was such a case affecting a great themer).

In fact I think it would be better if we all agreed here and now NOT to accuse anybody unless we know for sure (and therefore can prove) that themes are stolen.

second that. :grouphug:

+Quote Post
potter
post Sep 27 2004, 01:37 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 16127

i guess this member is not interested in participating in forums. he gets kick off it in doing themes, uploading and watching his name in top 10 best authors (or not?) well that's my opinion. the only remarks about this member that i have is that he makes so many themes with similar images, for instance shown in cartoon folder, but with lot of theming his work is improving.
well i no longer satisfy with quantity but with quality of my themes.

as for stealing someone's themes for example i saw august's theme which was posted here on mobile9 on this site http://<url snipped>.<url snipped>.net/prv.php?id=12132 but added under a different users name, so i'm confused... :blink:

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 08:58 PM