Closed TopicStart new topic
> My File Stats Are Wrong, M9 Caching system explained
vinnieza
post Dec 24 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 850

Please note that the file stats displayed in your my account page contains more up to date information then the gallery pages. In the gallery it may say your file has 0 downloads and no rating but in your account page it may say you have 100 downloads.

This is not a bug but just how the mobile9 system works. If you check back in a few days you will see that the stats in the gallery has been updated. This is part of mobile9's caching system.

Your my account page contains real time data, whereas the gallery pages display old cached data. This is put in place to reduce stress on our servers and help keep the site free.

If the gallery pages displayed real time data then our databases would have to be queried on each load, we get a lot of visitors and this is a lot of loads. With the caching system, once a day the database can be queried and the stats stored. When visitors visit the page the already stored stats are displayed thus why you may get the out of date information. Just a processes vs storage dilemma.

When updating CP the information used is the real up to date information.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 06:48 PM