Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M9 Interviews One Of The Best S60 Themer, Longhairsteff
ArthurWill
post Jan 3 2010, 09:56 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

Longhairsteff made himself a name in 2009. He created some of the best S60 themes out there & lately fabulous SE themes too. If any of you or your friends have S60 3rd Ed phones but do not know his themes yet, check his gallery now, you'll find plenty of treasure there!

So who is this long-hair Steff? He is an M9er who is always very friendly, never failed to create WOW in people's face with his themes and someone who never failed to make people laugh with his humor showed in his postings/comments. (IMG:http://www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Emotion-Love/love8.gif) Today, we are grateful for the opportunity to sit down & chat to him. Ready? Let's gooooooooooooooooooo!

(IMG:http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8266/m9interviewlhs.png)

Hey Steff, for those who aren’t familiar, can you please give us a bit of background about yourself?
My name is Stefan also called as Steff among friends. Have 2 kids (boy, 12 and girl, 4). The boy lives with me and the girl is with me on 2 weekends/month and i work as a truck driver (IMG:style_emoticons/default/weightlift.gif) . I live in Lidköping / Sweden in a 3 room apartment.

Many of us already know that you picked the username Longhairsteff because your name is Steff and you had very long hair back then. Why cut them short now?
Well, I had long hair for about 15 years and felt it was time for a change. And it has nothing to do with that and I am getting old and the hair becomes thinner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Humn, hair getting thinner ... I hope it's no where near Mr Homer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif) So you joined M9 back in Nov '06. How did you discover us?
Before my Nokia n82 i had a Sony Ericsson K750i and wanted themes for that phone and it was during that time I found mobile9.

Ooooooo, so SE was the matchmaker. (IMG:http://www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Emotion-Love/love6.gif)

One and half year later you started to create your own theme. Vista Lightning was created with our online theme creator? When and how did you move on to use Carbide UI?

Yes, I did that theme with an online theme creator. I tried it a few times and then I was looking if there was a Nokia theme creator software to download (as for SE phones) and I found the monster Carbide ui.

I see! Glad you found the monster. I'm sure you won't be able to fully show your skills if you chose to stick to online theme creator back then.

When you start making S60 themes, is there anyone inside or outside M9 whom work your admire & find them particularly inspiring?

Yes, allfa was an inspiration. Then I discovered others like Pizero, Ivanov, Babi, Rugge, Belial etc. But the themers I admire most was the SE themers like Zjurina, Sedma, Jasnasto, Dr.Megabyte, rjdsouza etc. I could go on forever. I thought they had awesome bars and highlights.

You changed from virtually unknown to a hugely popular themer, participate in theming competitions and won 14 trophies (8 golds, 2 silvers, 4 bronzes), being awarded the Certified Themer ... ALL IN 2009! OMG, that is super impressive! Tell us about how this year has been for you.
Ya, that's crazy!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) This year has been so great. But it's all thanks to you guys and girls here on Mobile9. Without all those lovely comments and feedback i wouldn't come this far. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

Lots of themers are waiting to see if you drop hints on how you create so many stunning themes. Want to walk us through how you normally create a theme? Is there one particular element in S60 themes you put the most time & effort in?
What I value most is the analog clock. There is the wallpaper, clock and the icons. This three things takes most of my time. I usually starts with the wallpaper and go from there but if I have a good clock or icons i can start with one of them too.

Your advice for those who want to achieve similar success in S60 theming?
Join STC or TMC and get feedback and suggestions. Not only on your theme, but the feedback of others to. Read and watch previous TMC. I spent hours doing that. It's a huge source of inspiration.

Really glad to hear that competitions we host has helped you to make better themes. It does seem you are addicted to it. You recently started participate in TMC with SE themes. You are slowly moving to the dark SE side? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil2.gif)
No, I am a Nokia themer and I have a lot left to learn. My next step is to make a theme so any s60 device can use my theme and that a huge step.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) I made a few SE themes just for fun and I thought it was very hard to. It's very important with details and pixels here and there. So I will not move to the dark side. Maybe visit a couple of times (IMG:style_emoticons/default/torch.gif)

Can you list 3 of your personal favourite themes? And why?
It's hard to explain why but for this three I was very pleased with the outcome.

Atas autumn
(IMG:http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1231/previewautumn.png)

Alien
(IMG:http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6277/aliien.png)

m9 Mascot
(IMG:http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5295/finalcube.png)

Besides theming, what else do you enjoy doing in your free time? I see that you listed M9 as one of your interest in your profile ... M9 a significant part of you?
Well, this year has been a year of theming and much m9. I spend a lot of time here so I guess it's a significant part of me.
On my spare time? Besides that it's a lot of cleaning, washing dishes, doing laundry and make dinner. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yawn.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif) .. I spend time with my kids and friends, hiking in the mountains once a year, go to concerts(only metal) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/punk.gif) , watch movies and drinking beers with friends sometimes.

Aha, cleaning, washing, laundy. Too bad our Cube can't do any of those, else I can send her to help you out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Alright, we better let you go now. Thank you for your time, Steff! Anything you'd like to add?
Just wanna say thanks to all admin who have done a great job with mobile9 and all members and friends here. Big thanks for this inteview AW! I'm really honored.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thump_rockstar
post Jan 3 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #2

Group: Premium Publisher
From: (Latitude: 30° 52' 60 N, Longitude: 75° 50' 60 E) :-)
Member No.: 1769070

It was really great to know more about the theming superstar (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) Love ur impressive creations Steff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) Terrific job with the interview AW (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif)

+Quote Post
antonis1978
post Jan 3 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Certified DJ
Member No.: 744287

Nice to meet u (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) Keep them coming (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
thump_rockstar
post Jan 3 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (antonis1978 @ Jan 3 2010, 10:38 PM) *
Keep these interviews coming (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

I actually love this segment quite a lot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) I had been waiting restlessly for the release Int. no. 5, these interviews have some X-Factor in them which makes me a huge fan of them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) Great work AW (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

This post has been edited by thump_rockstar: Jan 3 2010, 10:27 AM

+Quote Post
antonis1978
post Jan 3 2010, 10:22 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Certified DJ
Member No.: 744287

I was meant the themes bro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
thump_rockstar
post Jan 3 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #6

Emergency (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif) can somebody hide some posts quick (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Edit: Situation under control (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by thump_rockstar: Jan 3 2010, 10:28 AM

+Quote Post
findgirl45
post Jan 3 2010, 11:00 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 3412794

great interview.thanks AW will for the interview and as well as to steff.i am big fan of steff's work and i mostly use his themes on my Nokia N818gb.thanks for the great themes steff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
liapireas
post Jan 3 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 5536126

Great to know more things about you Steff
you are indeed an amazing themer, wow you have two kids too ....
Very good interview Patricia, well done !!!

+Quote Post
ronaldo23
post Jan 3 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Gifted DJ
Member No.: 3924134

This was an awesome interview (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) its great to know more about the legendary LHS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

+Quote Post
HamitShala
post Jan 3 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #10

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 4426338

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) Great to hear some great things about Steff , he is a great man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Happyyesh
post Jan 3 2010, 01:21 PM
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 3719200

Its really a great interview, I'm a big fan of your themes m8. As for your inspiration, I'm also greatly inspired by allfa's themes. Nice to hear about you @steff. Keep going with such great themes... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
@AW Thanks for the interview of such great designers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
adnan11thoct
post Jan 3 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #12

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 4169647

Great interview! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) it was nice 2 know more about steff..
i have a qus 4 AW: Why isn't alllfa a ranked themer...he should have been legendary themer by now,but still he isn't even a rising themer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

This post has been edited by adnan11thoct: Jan 3 2010, 09:16 PM

+Quote Post
ghassemoo
post Jan 3 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 1858984

Great to know more about you steff... You are really a gold hunter. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Thanks Pat for this great interview.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

+Quote Post
ghassemoo
post Jan 3 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 1858984

QUOTE (adnan11thoct @ Jan 3 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Great interview! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) it was nice 2 know more about steff..
i have a qus 4 AW: Why isn't alllfa a ranked themer...he should have been legendary themer by now,but still he isn't even a rising themer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

You have a mistake bro... Steff is certified themer now and I guess he will gain preferment more soon.

+Quote Post
srimunnamunna
post Jan 3 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Legendary DJ
Member No.: 3519269

that was a really superb interview (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) great to know about him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:11 PM