> Mixing Tips (and Tricks), ...RC mixes - help and suggestions
Defil3d
post Aug 19 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 1904905

QUOTE (pantoflica @ Aug 19 2009, 03:15 PM) *
You could give people tasks in here... to put 2 part of songs together .. and lets see "what program" will win the best trasition (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

That's a great idea Jas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

For those of you who wish to participate, Take one part from each song, and mix them together. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The two songs were chosen at random. Please state which program you used in making the mix.

DJ Bobo - Love is All Around (1).mp3 :
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=..._Around__1_.mp3
DJ Splash - Ring Dinge Ding.mp3 :
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=..._Dinge_Ding.mp3

@ Lonely, believe me, Bro, that is a terrific mix!

Update: Their are 10 Software Programs. I forgot to add one I had mentioned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

1. Audacity
2. Nero Wave Editor
3. FL Studio
4. Wavepad Sound Editor
5. Virtual DJ
6. Sound Forge 9.0
7. Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer
8. Ulead Video Studio
9. Acoustica Mixcraft 4
10. Mixxx

This post has been edited by Defil3d: Aug 19 2009, 02:26 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
reed31
post Aug 20 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Legendary DJ
Member No.: 4877007

@ to Jas...

i want to explain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) ,but i dont know how to explain with my poor english (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
but i'll try....

@to start
-there six icon right on top,click open(new) audio editor,and will show EDISON MASTER and click on icon file(left)..and load file u wanna open..

@to mix it
-if u wanna mix file ,just right click on ur mix, go to edit and copy on file already there,and click again icon file(left) and load another tune, copy and paste insert... and will show two tune,u can load again another tune.(i'm not sure with this words (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ) now u can cut file u want after that..

@to save
-click on icon file (left),click on save as,then save as "microsoft compressed wave file",dont save as another because it will not work.
it can't save as mp3,i use another sofware if i wanna save as mp3.. (MP3 Magix Maker)

thats my explanation,i hope ur understand,i already try best i can (IMG:style_emoticons/default/crybaby.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/crybaby.gif)

-i think u right, this program very complicated,i need 2 week to understand this software(not all)
-maybe that reason make me feel lazy to try another software,because i don't want spend my time to learn more software.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

This post has been edited by reed31: Aug 20 2009, 12:42 AM

+Quote Post
reed31
post Aug 20 2009, 12:55 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (Defil3d @ Aug 20 2009, 03:36 AM) *
QUOTE (pantoflica @ Aug 19 2009, 03:15 PM) *
You could give people tasks in here... to put 2 part of songs together .. and lets see "what program" will win the best trasition (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

That's a great idea Jas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

For those of you who wish to participate, Take one part from each song, and mix them together. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The two songs were chosen at random. Please state which program you used in making the mix.

DJ Bobo - Love is All Around (1).mp3 :
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=..._Around__1_.mp3
DJ Splash - Ring Dinge Ding.mp3 :
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=..._Dinge_Ding.mp3

@ Lonely, believe me, Bro, that is a terrific mix!

Update: Their are 10 Software Programs. I forgot to add one I had mentioned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

1. Audacity
2. Nero Wave Editor
3. FL Studio
4. Wavepad Sound Editor
5. Virtual DJ
6. Sound Forge 9.0
7. Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer
8. Ulead Video Studio
9. Acoustica Mixcraft 4
10. Mixxx

what i must to do after remix both song? upload? and placed here? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif)
sorry bro didnt understand... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif)

+Quote Post
srimunnamunna
post Aug 20 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 3519269

i am using Adobe Audition for cutting and for mixing i am using Audacity

+Quote Post
pantoflica
post Aug 20 2009, 01:41 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 1465230

@ reedy

First of all - thanks a lot for tips. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) (Till today with your help i didnt find way how to load tune lol)
Now i have a question:

QUOTE (reed31 @ Aug 20 2009, 09:40 AM) *
@to mix it
-if u wanna mix file ,just right click on ur mix, go to edit and copy on file already there,and click again icon file(left) and load another tune, copy and paste insert... and will show two tune,u can load again another tune.(i'm not sure with this words (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ) now u can cut file u want after that..

If i load another tune - i get something like this:
(IMG:http://i29.tinypic.com/2hi1n9k.jpg)

How do you move parts to mix them? Coz they are now one after another. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) and i want (for example) to merge them together (end of the first part and begining of the second part).

+Quote Post
reed31
post Aug 20 2009, 02:04 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

QUOTE (pantoflica @ Aug 20 2009, 03:41 PM) *
@ reedy

First of all - thanks a lot for tips. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) (Till today with your help i didnt find way how to load tune lol)
Now i have a question:

QUOTE (reed31 @ Aug 20 2009, 09:40 AM) *
@to mix it

If i load another tune - i get something like this:
(IMG:http://i29.tinypic.com/2hi1n9k.jpg)

How do you move parts to mix them? Coz they are now one after another. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) and i want (for example) to merge them together (end of the first part and begining of the second part).

just cut again on ur left or right mix ( u must cut entire mix) and paste insert to other mix, u can placed that mix where u want to place( i really not sure again with this word,hope u understand (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

how to upload that image?(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
pantoflica
post Aug 20 2009, 02:24 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Hm.. im not sure i understand that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) .... if i cut that parts - then they would not be mixed together.

You have print screen button on your keyboard. Press print screen button and then open some image editing program (i have photo shop) , open new blank image and press paste - you will have your desktop as image in there.

+Quote Post
diabolical
post Aug 20 2009, 02:28 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Group: Certified DJ
Member No.: 2137832

Maybe I could also try to give some tips and trick, but let's see... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) So many software in use for making mixes... but I'm not using any of those (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) my personal favourite software for mixing (and my choice for it also) is Reaper

It gives me more control over transitions because it has different transition "curves". It also has (like most multitrack software) automated transitioning, just drag two parts into same track and overlap them and you have a transiton (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) but it isn't that simple, with that "technique" you most probably will end up with a crappy transition (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) So yes... I think (and agree with Curt, thumpy and Jasmina) when it comes to mixing, it's very important to have smooth transitions. And sometimes it takes patience to find where the beats match... so it sounds at least decent enough.

So the software I use is:
#Maybe hard to use at first glance for beginners (but it has alot of functions and buttons (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) and I like it that way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) )
#Not that hard to use when you get used to it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
#It has almost endless possibilities when it comes to effects (phaser, flanger, chorus and so on) since it can use: VST, VSTi and DX plug-ins and internet is filled with free plug-ins
#You can import e.g. MP3, WAV, OGG etc.

Screenshot of my last weeks mix with VST plug-in

This post has been edited by diabolical: Aug 20 2009, 02:38 AM

+Quote Post
pantoflica
post Aug 20 2009, 02:44 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

Looks like complicated Audacity (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
I think i'll try to download it and bug you for tips, Harri! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
HamitShala
post Aug 20 2009, 02:43 AM
Post #25

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 4426338

Thank you so much Curt bro! for the softwares (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

This post has been edited by HamitShala: Aug 20 2009, 02:47 AM

+Quote Post
diabolical
post Aug 20 2009, 02:57 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Certified DJ
Member No.: 2137832

QUOTE (pantoflica @ Aug 20 2009, 12:44 PM) *
Looks like complicated Audacity (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
I think i'll try to download it and bug you for tips, Harri! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'm ready Jasmina (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_type.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
pantoflica
post Aug 20 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Looking at that screenshot actually reminds me on mixcraft. It is downloading now. Cant wait to try it. I luv when its complicated. Then at least i have the reason to bug people to help me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif)

+Quote Post
reed31
post Aug 20 2009, 03:05 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

QUOTE (pantoflica @ Aug 20 2009, 04:24 PM) *
Hm.. im not sure i understand that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) .... if i cut that parts - then they would not be mixed together.

You have print screen button on your keyboard. Press print screen button and then open some image editing program (i have photo shop) , open new blank image and press paste - you will have your desktop as image in there.

i mean not entire mix, but cut one of ur mix and paste insert near other mix already there ( u can put ur mix anywhere u want) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

- i can't explain better:surrender: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif)

This post has been edited by reed31: Aug 20 2009, 03:36 AM

+Quote Post
lonelyboyiran
post Aug 20 2009, 03:11 AM
Post #29

Group: Members
Member No.: 2837847

well, i think i mixed up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif)

+Quote Post
reed31
post Aug 20 2009, 03:40 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

i mean not paste insert,cut again one of ur mix and then paste mixto other mix (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)
i'm sorry about my mistake (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) ...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post

79 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 01:14 AM