Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exploding Mobile Phone Kills Chinese Man
ArthurWill
post Feb 5 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

A Chinese man was killed at a computer shop after the mobile phone in his chest pocket exploded, severing a major artery in his neck and leading to massive blood loss.

According to reports, the computer shop employee had likely finished charging a new replacement battery and, after putting the battery in the handset and dropping it into his shirt pocket, his phone exploded. A bang was heard and his colleague then found him lying in a pool of blood on the floor.

Cases like these have typically revolved around faulty batteries. Details about the phone and battery haven't been released. Via ~ Gizmodo

Over to you now: Do you take any precaution about this? Some say the risk can be reduced by NOT using third-party batteries and always use the original charger. What steps do you take? Not carrying your phone in your pocket?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vegeta_sa
post Feb 5 2009, 01:36 AM
Post #2

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 956640

Chances are the batery or charger were faulty

+Quote Post
castleboyz
post Feb 5 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 1674422

Already I have heard phone explosions. They all explode because of the faulty battery. Commonly people using duplicate batteries will have to face serious injuries. However using original batteries are more safer as the manufacturers give more importance to the batteries.

Nokia have faced same problems, But they all were due to the use of duplicate batteries. Anyway Nokia have taken more care for their customer safety by putting a genuine seal on the battery. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
I don't know whether there are SonyEricsson duplicate batteries available? SE never puts a genuine sticker on their batteries. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I think Nokia takes more care than SE in this case. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
-------------
@AW-Do you know what phone was it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
Gault
post Feb 5 2009, 04:48 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 3469839

Which phone it was? i think this happened due to a fault in the battery,overcharging,use of a different charger,, charging by un-necessary means. these are all the reasons that could lead to such things

This post has been edited by Gault: Feb 5 2009, 04:50 AM

+Quote Post
ssivic
post Feb 5 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 838525

I always use original parts, so do all ppl I know. And never heard of such thing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Feb 5 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 583675

i have read about quite a few such cases....it's really scary. a phone is the last thing a guy expects to explode

+Quote Post
castleboyz
post Feb 6 2009, 05:01 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 1674422

QUOTE (Gault @ Feb 5 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Which phone it was? i think this happened due to a fault in the battery, overcharging ,use of a different charger,, charging by un-necessary means. these are all the reasons that could lead to such things

Over Charging -Nah It wont be a problem to explode. I think the phone will automatically stops charging When the battery has been fully charged.

QUOTE (Dusty-Yahoo Answers)
This has been a problem with rechargeable batteries ever since they were invented. The solution has been the advent of the so called "smart chargers". A simple way to try and explain how they work is to think of a LED diode and a current limiting resistor in shunt with the battery charger contacts. When the discharged battery is first put into the charger it has a very low internal resistance and as it charges, it's resistance rises. As it approaches full charge, the current will begin to "balance" across the two circuits. Once the battery reaches full charge and a high resistance, all the charge current flows through the LED circuit, causing it to light and indicate that the battery is charged. Leaving it in the charger will cause the charger to "trickle charge" the battery over time (as battery charge starts to disipate it will draw more current) and pretty well prevent overcharging the battery.

Anyway there are more chance for the battery to fail soon (battery life decreases).

QUOTE (itsnot-Yahoo Answers )
Lithium - Ion is bad to Overcharge and will shorten its life considerably. Also lithium ion will lose 3/4 of its total capacity within 2 1/2 years anyway no matter what.

---------
Original Quoted Posts can be found Here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
vinnieza
post Feb 6 2009, 07:34 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 850

I always used to have my K700 on charge when I was at home. It has the longest battery life out of all the phones i had still to this day when i turn it on it will last for a long time. It even lasts longer than my K850.

However, I'm no expert in battery maintenance. There are so many different theories going around: Charging too much reduces battery life, Not fully depleting charge reduces battery life etc etc. It doesn't help when there are different types of batteries also that also change how can maintain them. If you're that worried about it just read the manual. I myself just hope for the best (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) .

Scary thought of a battery exploding in your pocket though.

I use official batteries and chargers, but this is only because I use the ones that came with the product which are of course official. There was one time when i bought an unofficial charger for my ipod (as ipods do not come with mains chargers). Interestingly, it exploded within 5 minutes of putting my ipod on charge. I took it back and bought an official one. I guess it could happen with any though.

+Quote Post
Gault
post Feb 6 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

@ Cb still some phones dont have the function to stop charging when the battery is full. and there are chargers from china in which you can only charge your battery by taking it out of the phone and then placing it inside the charger and charging it by directly putting that charger in the electric switch. that was what i meant by un-necessary means of charging cuz it wont stop over-loading the battery until you take it out.

and most probably a battery leakage can cause this to happen.

a leakage may occur when the battery is exposed to direct sunlight or open flame and other hot things.

+Quote Post
ankitdeshpande
post Feb 7 2009, 04:18 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 3989505

I never carry cellphone in my shirt's pocket. always try carry it in my trousers pockets.

Whereas talking about accessories always try to purchase original ones

This post has been edited by ankitdeshpande: Feb 7 2009, 08:04 AM

+Quote Post
Gault
post Feb 7 2009, 06:41 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

dat means if it explodes your bottom will be injured (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
ankitdeshpande
post Feb 7 2009, 08:03 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 3989505

see i heard some where the radiations or its waves are dangerous for heart. So better keeping our heart safer than bottom part (IMG:style_emoticons/default/weightlift.gif)

but the chances r very very less that a cellphone blasts. it could blast because of faulty manufacturing, carelessness and duplicate accessories

This post has been edited by ankitdeshpande: Feb 7 2009, 08:02 AM

+Quote Post
Gault
post Feb 7 2009, 08:56 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

see i heard some where the radiations or its waves are dangerous for heart. So better keeping our heart safer than bottom part weightlift.gif

you mean vibrations. when the mobile vibrates. the vibrations directly reach the heart. so that is why doctors advice not to keep your phone in you chest pocket. especially heart patients.

+Quote Post
_SINNER_
post Feb 7 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 4280298

wich killer phone was that.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fryguy.gif) : (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) china phone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
natarajangoutam
post Feb 7 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 4378886

These explotions were commonly because of duplicate accessories. So always buy original accessories and check its genuinous. DOn't prefer duplicate accessories because it is cheap. It can take your life.
So say no to duplicate accessories (IMG:style_emoticons/default/1.gif)
Buy original accessories (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 01:59 PM