Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 32660

Hi chaps,
I've just got a new Nokia 6600 and have tried downloading a
new theme onto my phone. from here:

http://www.mobile9.com/4images/details.php?image_id=5375

The problem I have is i log onto the wap web site at
http://wap.mobile9.com/ and enter the four digit WAP ID and
nothing happens, my phone ends up sending back an error message. What am I doing wrong?

I have also tried downloading the file onto my PC and then sending it to myself as an email. I then log onto my email account with my 6600 (in this case my Orange email account) and I can see the email and the attachment but my phone doesn't give me the option to download the file, what's wrong? is it just a simple settings problem? I have also sent the attachment to my hotmail account and I get the same problem.

This post has been edited by bettsaj: Aug 16 2004, 12:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonok
post Aug 16 2004, 05:23 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 31204

Well, i've gotten "1" theme to transfer to my phone via e-mail. It seems to be the Worst way of doing things. What will happen is either the e-mail will show up in your inbox and you ca go: options-> objects and then select to open the file and it may install, or get FExplorer and go to c:system/mail/(the first folder) and look into EVERY folder in there- it should show up there. What i suggest is either use IR or a Bluetooth dongle to send the info via IR or Bluetooth. OR- What i've been doing latley is going DIRECTLY to a web site where you can d/l themes (or whatever) and retrieve the files that way- and i mean a normal html/xhtml site, not a wap site. After d/l from a normal web page, hit options and select "open" it will automatically start to install Wap sites are good. i've never had any problems getting info from wap sies- besides the fact that some of the files on mobile9's wap site are broken- but a wap site is usually the BEST way to go.

any more questions pm me
:grouphug:

+Quote Post
hakim
post Sep 14 2004, 07:39 AM
Post #3

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 36027

hi i got same promlem as hem but i need wep ID so son i go to wap mobile from my nokie the web ask me web ID eny IdE ? answer on my <snip> aso if u now eny more trick help me out pleacee!!!

read forum rules
do not reveal sensitive information - e-mail

This post has been edited by adonisdemon: Sep 14 2004, 10:01 AM

+Quote Post
samir_madan
post Sep 14 2004, 09:03 AM
Post #4

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 31967

Get a hike, get urself a Bluetooth dongle mate.
It's much easier, faster and fun way of 2 transfer stuff on phone.
And whatz more, u can use it with any other bluetooth device.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 12:34 AM