IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ringtones Don't Work, samsung gt-b5310r
shayshadow
post Jul 5 2012, 06:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 14745980

so any ways I came to this site cause its assessable threw wifi(i don't feel like paying alot of money just to use my browser so i use wifi on my phone. this disables the good old "find more ringtones" feature as the provider wants me to use their connection. Also most times i have payed the arm and leg to use their service i paid like 3 bucks to look threw their library to find nothing good for me.

now on to the problem i have a samsung gt-b5310r aka corby pro
I tryed downloading 3 or so ringtones I found threw pc browser "unsuported content"
I tryed a random ring tone from mobile 9 "unsuported content"

Any help would be loved I tryed searching for something on my phone search came up with a generic "no topics containing this" kinda error
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yoyocell
post Jul 5 2012, 07:36 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 5656336

**Topic moved to the correct section(From v6 problems moved to Questions and answer)**

Hello (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) first of all welcome to Mobile9 forum and make sure you have read all mobile9 forum rules here : >>Mobile9 forum rules are here<< (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Can give me the link of those ringtones you have downloaded? Make sure those ringtone format are in .mp3

samsung corby support only for : mp3 and AAC(audio) so make sure you have downloaded a mp3 ringtone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

feel free to ask here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

+Quote Post
shayshadow
post Jul 5 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #3

now after some finally getting things working I can post this

for txt messages
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/1036967/?ref=2971
for ringtone
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/730786/?ref=2971
for those favored contacts
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/1444288/?ref=2971

and I don't remember the one I did at random it was iron man or something like that I had those open the whole time site says they are compatible with my phone

+Quote Post
Yoyocell
post Jul 5 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 5656336

Just checked those files and ya that was .mp3 files (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

let i guees , you can play it and it fine but when you want to use it as your ringtone the unsupported message came right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have looking around in google but get nothing about it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) sorry mate (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I reckon this phone is not support mp3 ringtone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Edit : Just got an info from ''wikipedia'' which informed that ''The Korean Corby does not support MP3/WAV ringtones, just MA5 or MMF ringtones.''

This post has been edited by Yoyocell: Jul 5 2012, 10:49 AM

+Quote Post
shayshadow
post Jul 5 2012, 10:46 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Yoyocell @ Jul 5 2012, 11:39 AM) *
Just checked those files and ya that was .mp3 files (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

let i guees , you can play it and it fine but when you want to use it as your ringtone the unsupported message came right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have looking around in google but get nothing about it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) sorry mate (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I reckon this phone is not support mp3 ringtone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

..... I know it supports them a friend has the same phone with an mp3 ringtone from the provider(i know this cause i ripped it off his phone and was able to play it as a .mp3 file(after some effort.)

just gardening a guess but m9 does not use any sort of securing method for the files that are available to download I had to remove the security factor to play his ringtone in its original format on a computer

+Quote Post
Raindeer123
post Jul 5 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Gone
Member No.: 7779151

@ shayshadow
hmm i have no idea y its keep showing you error but if ur fone supports .mp3 files den try to make own ringtones wid "mp3cut" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
its a free software try it n have fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
SkyBird9
post Jul 14 2012, 12:35 AM
Post #7

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 13535827

try other formats....(.amr , .wma) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

But not sure...

+Quote Post
pink_sky
post Jul 15 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 13018856

Wow everytime i enter any topic in mobile9 forum what i saw is Yoyocell is rocking

+Quote Post
Leafjohn
post Jul 28 2012, 07:45 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 9217219

QUOTE (pink_sky @ Jul 15 2012, 11:43 PM) *
Wow everytime i enter any topic in mobile9 forum what i saw is Yoyocell is rocking

All the time i'm seeing you appreciating yoyo are t impressing him or what.

+Quote Post
uf168
post Oct 5 2012, 04:03 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 6414579

Sorry hv not better info about your phone.

+Quote Post
waqarqureshi
post Nov 23 2012, 05:01 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 8855468

QUOTE (shayshadow @ Jul 5 2012, 07:22 PM) *
so any ways I came to this site cause its assessable threw wifi(i don't feel like paying alot of money just to use my browser so i use wifi on my phone. this disables the good old "find more ringtones" feature as the provider wants me to use their connection. Also most times i have payed the arm and leg to use their service i paid like 3 bucks to look threw their library to find nothing good for me.

now on to the problem i have a samsung gt-b5310r aka corby pro
I tryed downloading 3 or so ringtones I found threw pc browser "unsuported content"
I tryed a random ring tone from mobile 9 "unsuported content"

Any help would be loved I tryed searching for something on my phone search came up with a generic "no topics containing this" kinda error

ADD AS Favourite MY Friend Please Please Octro Talk Sony Xperia Nimbuzz Google The GAME

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 09:39 AM