Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mixing Tips (and Tricks), ...RC mixes - help and suggestions
pantoflica
post Aug 19 2009, 05:37 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 1465230

LETS TALK ABOUT MIXING (IMG:http://www.smilys.net/musik_smilies/smiley3124.gif)

Host for this thread is Kewlone

Tell us what mixing software you are using, what sites or programs you use for download music, ask questions about your mixes, how to improve mixing skills and everything else about that.
We expect you all to join the discussion - help, ask or give advice or link.

Hopefully, we all will learn from eachother and have more fun in and around Ringtone Challenge.

Thanks in advance for the help from you all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

This post has been edited by pantoflica: Jan 26 2010, 03:04 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thump_rockstar
post Aug 19 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #2

Group: Premium Publisher
From: (Latitude: 30° 52' 60 N, Longitude: 75° 50' 60 E) :-)
Member No.: 1769070

I'm currently using Wavepad Sound Editor as my mixing software (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Plus point: Easy to use, better control on sub windows (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Drawback: Lacks some effects compared to Audacity (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Trick: Be patient and remember that the next transition could sound even better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by thump_rockstar: Aug 19 2009, 07:37 AM

+Quote Post
heshambassel
post Aug 19 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #3

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 5354408

i am using audacity and sometimes i use Virtual DJ with it

i like audacity so much because it's easy to use and have alot of options (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by heshambassel: Aug 19 2009, 07:30 AM

+Quote Post
reed31
post Aug 19 2009, 07:48 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Legendary DJ
Member No.: 4877007

-I Use FL STUDIO
but i dont know plus and minus point this software because i never use another software (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif)

-does anyone know link for sound effect? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif)
i only have from mp3 cd (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

This post has been edited by reed31: Aug 19 2009, 08:49 AM

+Quote Post
p.snp
post Aug 19 2009, 08:28 AM
Post #5

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 1166772

am also using audacity for sound mixing ...and also used Nero wave editor,Sound Forge 9.0 for cut mp3 songs......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by p.snp: Aug 20 2009, 04:57 AM

+Quote Post
lonelyboyiran
post Aug 19 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #6

Group: Members
Member No.: 2837847

thanks a lot for opening this thread.
i use Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer, and ulead video studio 11 for cutting mp3s.

+Quote Post
thump_rockstar
post Aug 19 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #7

Group: Premium Publisher
From: (Latitude: 30° 52' 60 N, Longitude: 75° 50' 60 E) :-)
Member No.: 1769070

Awesome (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) We have already had so many softwares exchanged (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) Great idea Curt and great work guys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
ronaldo23
post Aug 19 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Gifted DJ
Member No.: 3924134

I use Audacity for the actual mixing of the tracks and Virtual Dj for the effects (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
btw great idea Curt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

This post has been edited by ronaldo23: Aug 19 2009, 11:23 AM

+Quote Post
Defil3d
post Aug 19 2009, 12:07 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 1904905

First and foremost, Thank you to Jas for opening this thread, I tried, but didn't have permission (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) and thank you to everyone so far that has already participated in sharing your wonderful knowledge. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

So far, there has been 8 different software programs that you all have mentioned! That's amazing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) I didn't know their are so many different programs out there. Here's a list so far of programs mentioned:

1. Audacity
2. Nero Wave Editor
3. FL Studio
4. Wavepad Sound Editor
5. Virtual DJ
6. Sound Forge 9.0
7. Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer
8. Ulead Video Studio

Personally, I use Audacity, and for those of you interested in Audacity, you can learn more and download Here..

I've also tried Mixxx, which is Free Virtual DJ Software. However, I didn't care for it as much as Audacity, so I had stopped using it.

For those of you interested in Sound Effects, there are quite a few website out there that offer free Sound Effects. A lot of times, they'll be in WAV formats, which when I use with Audacity, I have no trouble with. There are also the MP3 Sound Effects (sometimes you have to pay a small fee for). Personally, I don't know a lot of great sites with free Sound Effects, but for the ones I do know, I will share with you.

1. I Love Wavs
2. WavSource
3. The Free Sound Project (Personally my favorite) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Now for my first mixing tip. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
When I select parts for any of my mixes, I search for the parts that have the best "Transitioning" capabilities. Transitions are from where the end of one part comes together with the start of another. I try to make the transitions as smooth, and as less noticeable as I can. Most of the time, techno songs have the best capabilities for transitions.

Let me give you an example from a mix I made, with slow songs. Romantic Love Mix This mix was made by Two artist, "Boyz II Men" and "KC & JoJo". Out of these two artist, there were 4 parts to this mix. Can you notice the transitions? Not really huh? So you see, transitioning is very important in making your mixes.

This post has been edited by Defil3d: Aug 19 2009, 12:26 PM

+Quote Post
lonelyboyiran
post Aug 19 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #10

yup, i think transitioning is the most important things that we should pay attention to when we wanna mix, this is the most important thing for me when i wanna choose tracks and parts, as my mix groove-RC Week 124. the first part is a mix. as u all know there are two parts from a music, that i mixed them but u can't easily diagnose that it's a mix (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by lonelyboyiran: Aug 19 2009, 12:29 PM

+Quote Post
Defil3d
post Aug 19 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

You are absolutely right Lonely. Your mix is another perfect example of smooth transitions. And because the mix is such excellent quality, people have noticed that, and you have close to 50,000 downloads in just 2 weeks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) Excellent work Bro! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif)

This post has been edited by Defil3d: Aug 19 2009, 12:30 PM

+Quote Post
pantoflica
post Aug 19 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

I luv when mix sounds like its whole song. Specially if I "work" with words - they have to have some "thought". (example: Let me love you - 6 different parts of same song and still sounds like one). Its hard to get words and beats together. So, if you want to do it and transitions are still not-so-good then use sound effect as "cover" . At least i am doing that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Beside Audacity (which is popular in here as i can see) i am using Acoustica Mixcraft 4 .
Its easy to use, specially for those who are new in mixing because it:
# Automatically detects beats points, keys and tempos of imported songs.
# Import WAV, AIF, OGG, WMA, and MP3 files
# has 18 powerful, built-in, effects including reverb, delay, EQ, compressor, flanger, chorus, distortion, auto filter, master limiter, phaser and a guitar amp simulator.
Put 2 songs (or part of songs) in one line and program will make transition (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

@ reedy

I have FL for a long time on my computer - still didnt get how to use it. Looks very complicated for blonde like me.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif)
Any tips how to start.. how to save as mp3... how to mix at all? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
Defil3d
post Aug 19 2009, 01:00 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

How bout that, yet another mixing software program! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) That puts the list to 9 different programs!

1. Audacity
2. Nero Wave Editor
3. FL Studio
4. Wavepad Sound Editor
5. Virtual DJ
6. Sound Forge 9.0
7. Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer
8. Ulead Video Studio
9. Acoustica Mixcraft 4

Jas, that is a brilliant idea. Taking one song with words, and rearranging the words to form a sentence, and yet, keep the same beat and tone! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

This post has been edited by Defil3d: Aug 19 2009, 01:04 PM

+Quote Post
pantoflica
post Aug 19 2009, 01:15 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

You could give people tasks in here... to put 2 part of songs together .. and lets see "what program" will win the best trasition (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

+Quote Post
lonelyboyiran
post Aug 19 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Defil3d @ Aug 19 2009, 12:36 PM) *
You are absolutely right Lonely. Your mix is another perfect example of smooth transitions. And because the mix is such excellent quality, people have noticed that, and you have close to 50,000 downloads in just 2 weeks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) Excellent work Bro! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif)

thanks bro, reason of 50,000 downloads is that it was in first page for a week, not that it's a good mix (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif)
and really good mixes by you and jas, both are great and amazing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

This post has been edited by lonelyboyiran: Aug 19 2009, 01:25 PM

+Quote Post

79 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2014 - 09:48 PM