> Member Opinion, make your opinion count
boxieblue
post Oct 28 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #196

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 583675

QUOTE (mamamia12 @ Oct 28 2009, 07:57 AM) *
sure i'd love to join (so i can steal your great gift that you share here guys..hahaha)
but i dont know if i have few to share (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) , will it make me unacceptable??
i think this forum will be great and very usefull...Super idea boxie

no one with a desire to improve their designing skills will be "unacceptable" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) everyone is welcome.

QUOTE (CrazEric @ Oct 28 2009, 08:05 PM) *
No ... I dont like the idea (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yucky.gif)
Groups should be kept separate from the competitions
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

The point is, the group is right now doing nothing. And i am sure you will agree that there just isn't enough discussion among the WPC participants, apart from the comments on wallpapers.
Now we can't have too many threads in this sub-forum, since that will complicate matters too much. So what we are trying to do is turn the group forum into a place for lively discussion, so that people can talk about things beyond the current week's topic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

No one who doesn't want to be in the group will be forced to join (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) however, everyone, including non-members, will always be welcome to post in those forums so long as the posts are not inflammatory in nature.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CrazEric
post Oct 28 2009, 09:23 AM
Post #197

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 4988836

Oh ok ... I misunderstood - I thought you wanted to move the HB thread with all it's topics in here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
galmed
post Oct 28 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #198

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 2189504

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbdown.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif)

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Oct 28 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #199

Group Icon

QUOTE (CrazEric @ Oct 28 2009, 09:53 PM) *
Oh ok ... I misunderstood - I thought you wanted to move the HB thread with all it's topics in here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

lol NO! it wouldn't quite fit in, would it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

@Galmed: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Oct 29 2009, 12:48 AM
Post #200

Group Icon

thanks for the feedback so far people! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
It seems like none of you are against the idea. So let's make this happen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

I will draft out further plans and keep you updated!!!!

P.S. WPC is gonna change forever (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif)

QUOTE (Sourav_Kumar @ Oct 27 2009, 06:45 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) Really HB will be accepting new members.....if so then i will be giving my best to make this community better...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
(of course if u give me a membership)

QUOTE (mohib-rameen @ Oct 27 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Well boxie it is nice to hear that it has been starting again.......it is really usefull for all the participants to share thier ideas and to have learn something new....
i absolutely joining..

QUOTE (sp0rtskiller03 @ Oct 27 2009, 08:25 PM) *
@boxie - this is a great thing to do, reviving the Group.

i've read the rules. am i ok to join? hope i can contribute something.

QUOTE (krakit @ Oct 27 2009, 08:47 PM) *
Wow! That Sounds Too Cool! I'd definitely Love to bea Part of it, but i am Not Sure to be Able to Contribute Much to it.
Well, the Other Thing was that i wondered Whats with the Name? Who came Up with it? Its Like a Very Highly Confidentila Organization.
But, Does these Words Mean Something?
Just Asking Generally, coz i Love the Title.

QUOTE (sam1374 @ Oct 28 2009, 01:02 AM) *
I'll be there too.

QUOTE (jolansky @ Oct 28 2009, 03:11 AM) *
hope i can join in the discussion but i have only few to share,, unlike those gifted designers that dominate the competitions.
nevertheless, it will be instructional,,learning from them,will somehow enhance designing prowess
i will be loving this forum very much because i love to learn and grow!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

QUOTE (mamamia12 @ Oct 28 2009, 07:57 AM) *
sure i'd love to join (so i can steal your great gift that you share here guys..hahaha)
but i dont know if i have few to share (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) , will it make me unacceptable??
i think this forum will be great and very usefull...Super idea boxie

QUOTE (AXR @ Oct 28 2009, 03:35 PM) *

QUOTE (your_mother @ Oct 28 2009, 04:19 PM) *
Yep, sounds good!

QUOTE (CrazEric @ Oct 28 2009, 09:53 PM) *

+Quote Post
CrazEric
post Nov 5 2009, 01:14 AM
Post #201

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 4988836

QUOTE (boxieblue @ Oct 13 2009, 07:14 PM) *
ANNOUNCEMENT

There was a rule which i had assumed was already implemented, until sp0rtskiller03 told me it didn't exist in the official Rules thread. The rule will help prevent ties in future WPC Weeks.

A new rule comes into effect from WPC WEek 124.

In case two or more participants end up with the same points, the higher order trophy will go to the member who has more votes for 1st position.
In case two or more members have the same votes for first position, votes for second position will be considered.
This will proceed all the way down to votes for 7th position(or whichever is the last), until we have a winner.

Considering that WPC features not more than 25 participants, it is unlikely that the issue will remain unresolved after we have considered the votes for 7th position....

Just to make the rules clear i will give a quick example. Suppose me and sp0rty each end up with 100 points in a particular WPC Week. Then it will be seen how many people voted for sp0rty in position 1 (i.e. gave him 10 points) and how many did the same for me. the one who has more such votes will get the gold. the other will get the silver.

Since this rule officially comes into effect only from WPC Week 124, both sp0rty and AXR will get the Gold trophy this week.
however, the topic will be chosen by the person with more 1st position votes: AXR

And before i sign off, congratulations to all trophy winners (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Can we not change this rule ... I dont like it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Surely we can have 2 gold or 2 silver or 2 bronze ... if that is what people voted (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
In case of a tie for gold the person with the most 1st position votes can still get to choose the next topic ...

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Nov 5 2009, 06:06 AM
Post #202

Group Icon

QUOTE (CrazEric @ Nov 5 2009, 01:44 PM) *
Can we not change this rule ... I dont like it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Surely we can have 2 gold or 2 silver or 2 bronze ... if that is what people voted (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
In case of a tie for gold the person with the most 1st position votes can still get to choose the next topic ...

wouldn't you feel happier if you were the only one to own a troph rather than sharing it with someone else?

+Quote Post
AXR
post Nov 5 2009, 06:53 AM
Post #203

Group Icon

Group: Certified Designer
Member No.: 1336161

I agree with CrazEric

+Quote Post
sp0rtskiller03
post Nov 5 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #204

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 2678012

i agree with them also boxie. wahahahahahhaah.. it's is just ok if there are 2 or 3 of us sharing the trophy.

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Nov 5 2009, 07:13 AM
Post #205

Group Icon

hmmm....so many supporters....i will look into this at a later moment. right now, the rule remains as it is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
sp0rtskiller03
post Nov 5 2009, 07:17 AM
Post #206

Group Icon

yehey.. there is a chance.. i will recruit many people so that u'll be convinced.hehehehehehehe..

+Quote Post
Guest_krakit_*
post Nov 5 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #207

Guests

Guys - To Be Honest, I think its a Great Idea CE!
Because Since I have joined WPC! I have seen plenty of Great Entries and Sometimes Some Entries that should be Rewarded is Left Out! Hey Mind You ALL!
It doson't MEans that The Winning Entries are not DESERVING! They Of Course are! But Sometimes There are Equally Great Entries.
And If You Guys think it is Okay.........
Then keep it as a Rule in RC.......They have 2 Groups.......Group A is for the Pro's and Group B is for the Amatures.......In this Way, WHen Amatures Proove they can Be Transferred to Group B.......
Only If You Guys are Okay and If We get Permission from RC Admins to USe that here

+Quote Post
sp0rtskiller03
post Nov 5 2009, 07:44 AM
Post #208

Group Icon

@krakit - i have also asked boxie about having 2 groups, and he said he'll gonna think about it. but i think he forgot about it.

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Nov 5 2009, 07:47 AM
Post #209

Group Icon

QUOTE (krakit @ Nov 5 2009, 08:07 PM) *
Only If You Guys are Okay and If We get Permission from RC Admins to USe that here

i don't we need permission for that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) we managers are pretty understanding, and often use each others' ideas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

this, too, has been considered many times before. and i will consider this again...

+Quote Post
mmmsauliite
post Nov 5 2009, 07:41 AM
Post #210

Group Icon

Group: Gifted DJ
Member No.: 5659744

Actually I dont know what to say..
Maybe its a silly idea.. but what do you think about nomination GRAND PRIX???? Is there possible to make a new trophy for that kind of situations?? For example if there's 2 winners with the same number of point ..than one of them can get a Grand Prix... Ok.. maybe Im talking about unreal and stupid things.. its just my opinion....

But if smth will not change .. I agree with boxie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

58 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 07:22 PM