2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Qwerty+touchscreen Within $420
blade87
post Oct 14 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #16

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 973649

Try the online shops or ask the local if they can deliver one for you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Oct 15 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 583675

5800... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

thanks a lot for all the help mate.

+Quote Post
blade87
post Oct 15 2009, 02:44 AM
Post #18

You already hinted about that in one of your previous posts. Glad that I could (try to) help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

QUOTE (boxieblue @ Oct 13 2009, 06:07 PM) *
so my next best option is to go for a phone that at least has a S60v5 OS and is cheap, so i can trade it in for a better phone later, instead of stretching my budget and buying sth that i will only be half-content with

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Oct 16 2009, 10:28 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

i bought it today :D amazing piece of technology i must say. currently h*****g it.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
blade87
post Oct 16 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #20

Did you buy the 5800? How is it? Give a short review. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Oct 17 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

well, i have only used it for a few hours so far, and much of that time was spent trying to h*** it, but here's a quick review nonetheless:

For the first hour after i bought it, twice i took it out of my pocket and stared at it, confused about how to use it, only to realise a second later that i was holding it the wrong way... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
It has a very convenient key lock slider at the side, but that was expected. The touch screen needs a little getting used to. it is not as responsive as i would have expected. it has to be pressed a little hard, but it is just as well, since u won't accidentally press the wrong button. and once you get used to it, it is perfectly fine.

what i loved most was the full screen QWERTY keypad that pops up at my command. i can hold the phone in landscape mode and use both thumbs to type at a speed i never could with any of my previous phones. and the accuracy of the touch input means that i don't have to press back-space too often.

I miss a few buttons though. the one i miss most is the "c" button, which would otherwise delete anything that was selected. copy-pasting things requires multiple taps.
the 5800 XM could have done with dedicated music keys at the side, considering that it is mainly a multimedia phone. if i am listening to music with the phone in my pocket, or with my eyes closed, there is no way i can change tracks without looking at the screen. keys on the side would have made it that much easier to change tracks.

the Symbian OS means that there a lot of apps i can install. and plus there is the unofficial N-Gage that i will soon be installing in the phone, making gaming that much more fun :D

I am not sure about the RAM though. I installed NFS Shift, and if there is any other app open, even the music player, then it doesnt un smoothly. of course, this could be just as easily attributed to a badly designed game. I will have to test out more games before I comment on this.

All in all, it seems to be a great phone so far :D

+Quote Post
Sourav_Kumar
post Oct 17 2009, 03:47 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 5101800

me too brought a 5800 2 weeks ago....and i agree with boxie 100%

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Oct 17 2009, 04:33 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

congrats on ur new phone Sourav (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
blade87
post Oct 17 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #24

Don't press it to hard, because you might damage the touch screen. About the typing, I know how it is with a big keyboard - it's great! This version of Symbian is S60v5, which means the apps for S60v3 aren't compatible. But there are more and more apps coming for it every day. The RAM is 128 MB, so the games should be running fine. ArthurWill also has 5800 and here's his opinion about it: http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?...st&p=601931

Once again "Happy New Phone"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 01:24 PM