5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M9 Interviews The Theming Queen, Jasnasto
x360factor
post Aug 22 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #31

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 5159467

AWESOME INTERVIEW....HOPE TO SEE MORE INTERVIEW FROM ADMIN Arthurwill.....REALLY INSPIRING AND HELPFULL..KUDOS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rockon.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jasnasto
post Aug 25 2009, 02:54 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 6981

@Benny, HamitShala, Vince, Pia, Aziz, cute_heart, heshambassel, BB, Megalomaniac & & 360factor

Thanx you all for taking your time to read the interview and comment... I appreciate your praising words a lot, tho I think some of you were too sweet and exaggerated a bit...
(IMG:http://i29.tinypic.com/14vodc8.gif)

This post has been edited by jasnasto: Aug 25 2009, 02:51 AM

+Quote Post
technokid1974
post Aug 27 2009, 02:26 AM
Post #33

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 736652

it was so nice 2 read this interview and get 2 know bit of jasnasto as well coz she is
1 amazzing member/person and a legend themer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

+Quote Post
aleckingdom
post Sep 22 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 5500344

Awesome interview!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Sep 23 2009, 05:18 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 583675

wonderful. i totally enjoyed the three themes, and i didn't even make them! just looked at them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
topmanner1
post Jan 7 2010, 04:57 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

Group: Certified DJ
Member No.: 6209628

That is a great interview.Nice to know about jasnasto.

+Quote Post
saraluna
post Jan 10 2010, 09:57 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 1969175

great interview

+Quote Post
muhib_shah
post Jan 22 2010, 06:50 AM
Post #38

Group: Members
Member No.: 6282405

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) good interview (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif)

+Quote Post
vikky999
post Apr 5 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 6571523

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Aug 7 2009, 02:38 AM) *
Today, I'm happy to present you my first ever interview with a M9er. Who is she?
- a long time M9er
- one of the three Legendary Themer
- one of the three with the Contest Sage award (participated in 100 contests & won in 50 contests)
- a good friend

I'm sure a lot of you know who she is by now. So why wait any longer? Here we go!

(IMG:http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7960/memberinterviewjasnasto.jpg)

Hello Jasna, can you introduce yourself to M9ers who don't already know you?
My name is Jasna, I live in Belgrade, Serbia. I believe that here at M9 people mostly recognize me as a themer and TMC manager. How do M9ers really see me apart from these things, you should better ask them.

In addition to the two roles mentioned above, some themers see you as their theming mentor who is always ready help them to improve. Perhaps tell us how you found M9 and what makes you stay.
I googled it way back in 2004, while searching for a site which offers some nice themes for my good old SE Z600. Since then, I downloaded loads of various stuff from the gallery and learned a lot about Photoshop, CG (Computer Graphics) and theming . But what's the most valuable are the people I've met during all these years, with couple of them I became very close.

Why get into theming? When you first started, which themer(s) helped you the most?

Being a very meticulous person, at some point I was not quite happy with all the elements in downloaded themes and therefore I decided to try making them by myself. I had a very basic knowledge of Photoshop at that time, so those first themes of mine were not that good, but learning is long and hard work. I'm the person who almost never asks others to show or tell me how to do something, but prefer to observe, investigate and practice things by my very own, only because that's the way I learn the best. In this case, the most helpful and inspiring were my participation in TMC and themes made by august, beano, maampia, elton, simon, etc.

Can you briefly describe the process of making a theme? Do you start with a nice wallpaper or something else?
Choosing or making a nice, quality and usable wallpaper is very important and I usually spend a lot of time doing that. Sometimes the image is simply calling me, but more often I mix and manipulate images to get what I want. Simultaneously I start projecting in my head the basic concept of the future theme, but the final look is decided step by step while working on it. After the standby and navigation images are completed, I start working on the bars and frames, if any. The popup screens, inputs are usually the last on the list, yet not less important. As for details, they are added, removed and changed many times through the process, some of them are final touch on a completed theme.

You have created 666 themes. Of all those, can you list 3 themes that you like the most?
Well, that’s really a very hard decision, but let’s say it could be these 3:

1. I Am A Monster
This theme was such a fun to make, I enjoyed every part of it. Creating the animation and the inputs was certainly the most interesting.

(IMG:http://jef.mobile9.com:8080/download/wmpreview/158/1241362826.gif)

(IMG:http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3131/chosts.jpg)

2. Sweet Lips
I’m really proud of this one overall, from the standby which is made from the plain B&W photo, through the patterns and colouring, to the very last tiny detail.

(IMG:http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6255/lipsgrl.jpg)

3. Heavenly Children
Nothing much to say about this theme, I just like it a lot, especially the assonance of the 2 main colours.

(IMG:http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1914/heavenlychildren.jpg)

Wow, the three themes you mentioned are all eye candy! My personal favourite is the Heavenly Children, a theme I use on my Sony Ericsson K700 every now and then when I had the phone. Can you share some theming tips with those who want to make smashing themes like yours?
Hmmm... improving your skills by learning from the tutorials, observing the work of recognized themers and joining the competitions are the first steps. Along with that it’s also very important not to give up easily and to keep on practising (as long as you enjoy making themes of course). Don’t rush with your work, take your time, experiment with some new stuff, always having in mind that you theme has to be user friendly, meaning that the readability is the absolute prerogative. If it’s followed with the attractive standby and the functional navigation, has good contrast, colouring and readability, nice and original barwork and details, you’re on the right path. I have to add that artistic talent has its role as well, it’s great if you have it...

What are the phones you have had so far? Which is the one you're currently using?

Starting from 2004, I used SEZ600, SEK750, SEW850, and currently, believe it or not, Nokia 7610 Supernova, which is my very first Nokia phone.

It's pretty surprising for someone like you to have a Nokia phone. Those beautiful Series 40 themes must have played a part in your decision to get a compatible phone to play with. Now the last question for the day - off internet, what do you enjoyed doing?

I don’t have much time for the hobbies, most of my spare time I spent with my family and friends, watch movies or favourite TV programs, I even grab a book from time to time... I’m also big water polo fan, so certain hours are spent on the pools, cheering up for my favourite teams and players.

-------------

I'm thankful to Jasna for her time & effort. I hope you enjoyed the interview as much as I do, get to know Jasna a little more, and learn some tips from a theming queen.

great interview......
i like it..
i also in making theme.....

+Quote Post
imsagi
post Apr 9 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 2425534

wow great interview of legend

+Quote Post
Guest_noahsarc_*
post Jun 19 2010, 02:55 PM
Post #41

Guests

Wow i never knew about her, but after watching this I'm sure i missed a really talented person.

+Quote Post
novchanthol
post Jun 19 2010, 04:08 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 6407541

Really nice i like her so much , she has 666 completed work , 100 entry challeng , 50 won challeng , and get Legendary (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) very great from her (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) Jasna !

+Quote Post
kochaji
post Aug 12 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 6315036

Great

+Quote Post
bd_tongi
post Sep 6 2010, 08:11 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 2914518

Really good Interview

+Quote Post
Guest_Adj1993_*
post Sep 13 2010, 05:15 AM
Post #45

Guests

Wonderful work by her (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:02 AM