Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M9 Interviews The Theming Queen, Jasnasto
ArthurWill
post Aug 7 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

Today, I'm happy to present you my first ever interview with a M9er. Who is she?
- a long time M9er
- one of the three Legendary Themer
- one of the three with the Contest Sage award (participated in 100 contests & won in 50 contests)
- a good friend

I'm sure a lot of you know who she is by now. So why wait any longer? Here we go!

(IMG:http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7960/memberinterviewjasnasto.jpg)

Hello Jasna, can you introduce yourself to M9ers who don't already know you?
My name is Jasna, I live in Belgrade, Serbia. I believe that here at M9 people mostly recognize me as a themer and TMC manager. How do M9ers really see me apart from these things, you should better ask them.

In addition to the two roles mentioned above, some themers see you as their theming mentor who is always ready help them to improve. Perhaps tell us how you found M9 and what makes you stay.
I googled it way back in 2004, while searching for a site which offers some nice themes for my good old SE Z600. Since then, I downloaded loads of various stuff from the gallery and learned a lot about Photoshop, CG (Computer Graphics) and theming . But what's the most valuable are the people I've met during all these years, with couple of them I became very close.

Why get into theming? When you first started, which themer(s) helped you the most?

Being a very meticulous person, at some point I was not quite happy with all the elements in downloaded themes and therefore I decided to try making them by myself. I had a very basic knowledge of Photoshop at that time, so those first themes of mine were not that good, but learning is long and hard work. I'm the person who almost never asks others to show or tell me how to do something, but prefer to observe, investigate and practice things by my very own, only because that's the way I learn the best. In this case, the most helpful and inspiring were my participation in TMC and themes made by august, beano, maampia, elton, simon, etc.

Can you briefly describe the process of making a theme? Do you start with a nice wallpaper or something else?
Choosing or making a nice, quality and usable wallpaper is very important and I usually spend a lot of time doing that. Sometimes the image is simply calling me, but more often I mix and manipulate images to get what I want. Simultaneously I start projecting in my head the basic concept of the future theme, but the final look is decided step by step while working on it. After the standby and navigation images are completed, I start working on the bars and frames, if any. The popup screens, inputs are usually the last on the list, yet not less important. As for details, they are added, removed and changed many times through the process, some of them are final touch on a completed theme.

You have created 666 themes. Of all those, can you list 3 themes that you like the most?
Well, that’s really a very hard decision, but let’s say it could be these 3:

1. I Am A Monster
This theme was such a fun to make, I enjoyed every part of it. Creating the animation and the inputs was certainly the most interesting.

(IMG:http://jef.mobile9.com:8080/download/wmpreview/158/1241362826.gif)

(IMG:http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3131/chosts.jpg)

2. Sweet Lips
I’m really proud of this one overall, from the standby which is made from the plain B&W photo, through the patterns and colouring, to the very last tiny detail.

(IMG:http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6255/lipsgrl.jpg)

3. Heavenly Children
Nothing much to say about this theme, I just like it a lot, especially the assonance of the 2 main colours.

(IMG:http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1914/heavenlychildren.jpg)

Wow, the three themes you mentioned are all eye candy! My personal favourite is the Heavenly Children, a theme I use on my Sony Ericsson K700 every now and then when I had the phone. Can you share some theming tips with those who want to make smashing themes like yours?
Hmmm... improving your skills by learning from the tutorials, observing the work of recognized themers and joining the competitions are the first steps. Along with that it’s also very important not to give up easily and to keep on practising (as long as you enjoy making themes of course). Don’t rush with your work, take your time, experiment with some new stuff, always having in mind that you theme has to be user friendly, meaning that the readability is the absolute prerogative. If it’s followed with the attractive standby and the functional navigation, has good contrast, colouring and readability, nice and original barwork and details, you’re on the right path. I have to add that artistic talent has its role as well, it’s great if you have it...

What are the phones you have had so far? Which is the one you're currently using?

Starting from 2004, I used SEZ600, SEK750, SEW850, and currently, believe it or not, Nokia 7610 Supernova, which is my very first Nokia phone.

It's pretty surprising for someone like you to have a Nokia phone. Those beautiful Series 40 themes must have played a part in your decision to get a compatible phone to play with. Now the last question for the day - off internet, what do you enjoyed doing?

I don’t have much time for the hobbies, most of my spare time I spent with my family and friends, watch movies or favourite TV programs, I even grab a book from time to time... I’m also big water polo fan, so certain hours are spent on the pools, cheering up for my favourite teams and players.

-------------

I'm thankful to Jasna for her time & effort. I hope you enjoyed the interview as much as I do, get to know Jasna a little more, and learn some tips from a theming queen.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sp0rtskiller03
post Aug 7 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 2678012

great details.. at jasna, can u give me some tutorial links that are helpful in theming.. like graphics, etc..

+Quote Post
vegeta_sa
post Aug 7 2009, 07:25 AM
Post #3

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 956640

WOW i realy like this interview its great.
Nice to know more about you Jasna (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
shalu2173
post Aug 7 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 1357744

It's really nice to read about U Jasna. U r my mentor and I know many of us admire u . I just love ur skills on theming and got to know u little more through TMC. The positivity that flows from you and the way u handle everything makes me admire u always.U a legendary person in every sense of word. U know why I say u this.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The "Sweet Lips" theme is my all time fav.u are such a great help to everyone here and i think It's this the right place to thank u once again for all the help u have extended to me and others and the time u have invested with me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
It's a really a great effort from M9 admins to honor our legends and seniors and giving us a oppurtunity to know them little more better. It's such a unique thing. Hats of to u M9 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

+Quote Post
christina86
post Aug 7 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 1844784

I really enjoyed reading this interview. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) Great questions and answers.

+Quote Post
rhtz
post Aug 7 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 3334496

great interview.. ..really enjoyed reading it and nice to know more about the theming queen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .. ..

This post has been edited by rhtz: Aug 7 2009, 11:11 AM

+Quote Post
thump_rockstar
post Aug 7 2009, 11:32 AM
Post #7

Group: Premium Publisher
From: (Latitude: 30° 52' 60 N, Longitude: 75° 50' 60 E) :-)
Member No.: 1769070

Really good Interview (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) Was really nice knowing about you Jasna (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
ronaldo23
post Aug 7 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Gifted DJ
Member No.: 3924134

Great interview, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) its nice to know more about you Jasna (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
see-iNO
post Aug 7 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Gifted DJ
Member No.: 4883193

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) awesome interview (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
elaginn
post Aug 7 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #10

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 4540675

Awesome interview... Better than reading a book! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)
Nice to know that there are so many talented people here on this planet and mobile9 gives the opportunity to express themselves, and I think Jasna is doing a stunning job! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) A huge round of applause to Jasna! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
jasnasto
post Aug 8 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 6981

@AW
Thank you and M9 for choosing me for this very first interview... it was a pleasure talking to you and I really enjoyed answering your questions... (IMG:http://i29.tinypic.com/14vodc8.gif) (IMG:http://i26.tinypic.com/23vxc9y.png)

@sportskiller, vegeta_sa, Shalu, christina, rhtz, thump_rockstar, ronaldo, see-INO, elaginn
I appreciate the time you took to go through this interview, good to know that you liked it as well... and many thanx for all these nice and praising words, you certainly manage to place a very big smile on my face... (IMG:http://i29.tinypic.com/14vodc8.gif)

@sportskiller
I'm not visiting these tutorial link these days, but the one that was the most helpful at some point was Good-Tutorials...

@Shalu
I don't know why, but your words always have some kind of soothing effect on me, thanx for all the support and love... (IMG:http://i29.tinypic.com/14vodc8.gif)

This post has been edited by jasnasto: Aug 8 2009, 12:20 AM

+Quote Post
Sourav_Kumar
post Aug 8 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 5101800

It's an great interview......great to know about legendary themer.......

+Quote Post
lonelyboyiran
post Aug 8 2009, 03:10 AM
Post #13

Group: Members
Member No.: 2837847

great questions and answers . . . . . . so happy to know more about legendary themer, jasna (IMG:http://cdn.content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/0002025D.gif)

+Quote Post
_anuj_
post Aug 8 2009, 03:39 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 4866144

It was so good to read ur interview Jasna, its nice to know how you started out in theming xxx (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
kashif85
post Aug 8 2009, 04:42 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Certified Designer
Member No.: 1669603

wow Great Answer and Questions .................... Realy nice Interview........... interesting

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 03:00 PM