Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chatterbox, ...ideas, suggestions, comments
VanjaT630
post Feb 25 2007, 04:52 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Site Contributor
Member No.: 77716

Here everyone can give their ideas, suggestions, comments...We would like to know what you think of this competition... Or, you can just chat with the ringtone makers...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ssivic
post Feb 25 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 838525

I think, this is a great project wich will help us to achive another level of ringtone making.

+Quote Post
luisleal
post Feb 25 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 488791

Yeah, thats right... this ringtone challenge will bring more enthusiasm to people that appreciate tunes!
And im sure none of the Dj's here will let us down... Im getting excited about this as well, i wanna see the results in a few weeks and hopefully see a lot more people into it to make the things more interesting!

I have a advice to all the ringtoners of the challenge: - Everybody likes to win even if the prize is nothing, i dont need to say this but i wanna just remember that all we're participants and we have to respect each other as a team that we are.
Being the last classified doens't mean that you're the worse ringtoner of the group, not everybody likes the same remixes and if your remix its something unusual and you dont get enough appreciation you're in the right place, here you'll learn new methods and share your knowledge, and sooner or later you'll be the week number one!
The same applies to the winner, be the first doesn't mean that you're the best, who knows if you were just lucky! However, if you won was for some reason, but you have to be a great winner you sould encourage the other guys to not give up and give some tips and tricks!

We all are nice guys and girls... we are MOS!

Happy Remixing to all...

:cheers: :rockon:

LuisLeal

This post has been edited by luisleal: Feb 25 2007, 04:17 PM

+Quote Post
goronking
post Feb 25 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 1040513

a truly encouraging speech. :rockon: :rifle: keep preaching

DtJ

+Quote Post
sexysaraz2
post Feb 25 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #5

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 775563

Yes, I too am looking forward to the challenge, and that was a good speech LuisLeal, what you say is true. :clap2:

+Quote Post
bnycastro
post Feb 25 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #6

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 34878

I'm not skilled enough for the challenge [I'm what you call a chopper... I just chop up songs to make tones] but I'm wishing all the competitors luck. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL!!! :clap2: :clap2:

+Quote Post
sunilkm123
post Feb 25 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 551344

QUOTE(luisleal @ Feb 26 2007, 04:44 AM)
Yeah, thats right... this ringtone challenge will bring more enthusiasm to people that appreciate tunes!
And im sure none of the Dj's here will let us down... Im getting excited about this as well, i wanna see the results in a few weeks and hopefully see a lot more people into it to make the things more interesting!

I have a advice to all the ringtoners of the challenge: - Everybody likes to win even if the prize is nothing, i dont need to say this but i wanna just remember that all we're participants and we have to respect each other as a team that we are.
Being the last classified doens't mean that you're the worse ringtoner of the group, not everybody likes the same remixes and if your remix its something unusual and you dont get enough appreciation you're in the right place, here you'll learn new methods and share your knowledge, and sooner or later you'll be the week number one!
The same applies to the winner, be the first doesn't mean that you're the best, who knows if you were just lucky! However, if you won was for some reason, but you have to be a great winner you sould encourage the other guys to not give up and give some tips and tricks!

We all are nice guys and girls... we are MOS!

Happy Remixing to all...

:cheers: :rockon:

LuisLeal
[right][snapback]289951[/snapback][/right]

yes Luis ur right :) :10:
im also here to learn new methods and some tricks and im also chopper like bnycastro, but i love to learn to remix songs !! and i know i will learn here,
all i need is ur help :clap2:

This post has been edited by sunilkm123: Feb 25 2007, 10:08 PM

+Quote Post
VanjaT630
post Feb 26 2007, 06:31 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

@ luisleal - I thnik you've just summed up all there needs to be said about the Ringtone Challenge

@ all - Ringtones will probably never reach the level of the themes here at M9 (there is simply too much people into theming, rather than ringtoning), and as such, winning ringtones will never give the maker additional points or aknowledgement (like with the themes)... That is the reason I started the Trophy Room, where at least all the winners can get a little satisfaction and honour... At least, we'll have better looking trophies... :P... And I can put the trophy in the ringtone's page as a comment...What more could you want?

+Quote Post
ssivic
post Feb 26 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 838525

To be honest with you Vanja, I agree on most of the things you mentioned, but I belive that somehow in the future we will gein "power" and respect for ringtoning. What I mean is that after this challenge gains some expirience and tradition, probbably we can have some agreement with admins, so we will have system wich will give us additional points for making your own ringtones. Well this is only my point of view. But this trophy thing is more than good for beggining. And of course tlike Vanja said "they are better looking"

And cool new sig Vanja! :rockon:

Ssivic :byebye:

This post has been edited by ssivic: Feb 26 2007, 07:21 AM

+Quote Post
RazBGD
post Feb 26 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 773529

i totally agree with u sivi-there should be some kind of scale for CPs.i dont want to offend anyone,but its not the same to "chop" the song and to make a ringtone from a sratch..i know,ive tried soooooo many times :lol:

+Quote Post
VanjaT630
post Feb 26 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE(ssivic @ Feb 26 2007, 03:20 PM)
What I mean is that after this challenge gains some expirience and tradition, probbably we can have some agreement with admins, so we will have system  wich will give us  additional points for making your own ringtones.
[right][snapback]290242[/snapback][/right]

If we get to that point, I'll glady talk to the admins about this, but first things first...we have to prove ourselves here, if we can keep a steady weekly pace (5 ringtones minimum, ok, this is our first real week, and you still have to get that program)...after a few weeks it would be a great competition... and my biggest achievement would be if more people would enter the Challenge after they see how it works...

QUOTE(razbgd @ Feb 26 2007, 07:03 PM)
i totally agree with u sivi-there should be some kind of scale for CPs.i dont want to offend anyone,but its not the same to "chop" the song and to make a ringtone from a sratch..i know,ive tried soooooo many times laugh.gif[right][snapback]290242[/snapback][/right]

That would complicate things a lot for the validating team, who already have a lot of work to do...

+Quote Post
shoutout
post Feb 26 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 555820

just popped in to wish you all good luck with Ringtone Challenge

+Quote Post
VanjaT630
post Feb 26 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Thanks shoutout... guys, as you can see, there is a lot of interest in the Challenge (just check out the number of views per topic)...unless someone is constantly opening topics, I would say 20 members per day visit this subforum... :good:

+Quote Post
RazBGD
post Feb 27 2007, 01:25 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 773529

[quote=razbgd,Feb 26 2007, 07:03 PM]i totally agree with u sivi-there should be some kind of scale for CPs.i dont want to offend anyone,but its not the same to "chop" the song and to make a ringtone from a sratch..i know,ive tried soooooo many times laugh.gif[right][snapback]290242[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That would complicate things a lot for the validating team, who already have a lot of work to do...
[right][snapback]290373[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
hmm..i dont think it would be a problem just to add new upload folder,for example"selfmade"or"original"or something and to change the CP equation(algoritham)for files aproved to that folder..

This post has been edited by razbgd: Feb 27 2007, 01:27 AM

+Quote Post
VanjaT630
post Feb 27 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Well, OK, but the thing is, a lot of people are a little to proud of their "self-made" ringtones...which are nothing but song put throug some converter/splitter...nowadays, you can make your own ringtone (with the above mentioned way) in literally 3 seconds... but still, people think they're self-made...so, go figure...

This post has been edited by VanjaT630: Feb 27 2007, 07:17 AM

+Quote Post

87 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 08:35 AM