Closed TopicStart new topic
> Lg (chocolate) Kg800 Pc Connection:, ringtones, wallpaper, file transfer
adonisdemon
post Aug 14 2006, 11:40 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 6549

A great guide (by Improbulus, London, UK) on getting started on using your LG Chocolate phone:

With your KG800 Chocolate multimedia phone you get a USB cable to link it to your PC plus a CD of software (see part 1 of my review of this gorgeous phone for general pros, cons, tips etc. It also has Bluetooth connectivity. But its file storage capacity is limited to 128 MB.

You can:
A. copy to your Chocolate phone MP3 or other audio files for ringtones or the MP3 player, or transfer pics, videos and text files to it for viewing
B. backup to PC the photos and videos that you've taken with the phone
C. use the phone as an extra removable drive, to transport files between different PCs
D. use the phone as a modem for your PC e.g. laptop (LG Internet Cube)
E. copy or synchronise contacts, diary and notes between phone and PC (LG PC Sync)
F. get extra ring tones and wallpaper from the supplied software (LG Contents Bank)

For A to C, you just connect it via the USB cable to your PC - covered below. See the My Stuff section of the manual and also this separate "USB storage manual.

But getting a working connection between the Chocolate phone to your PC isn't as straightforward as it should be, especially for D to F. I deal with the best way (for Windows XP anyway) below.

Basic USB connection
If you just want to do A to C above, FIRST make sure the phone is on and in the basic state it's in when you first power on (i.e. not in any menu items). Then, connect the phone to the PC via the USB cable. You should get a message on the phone screen with a yellow background saying "Do not disconnect the cable without the proper operation USB If you use modem select Connectivity-modem".

The KG 800 will appear as an extra Removable Disk in My Computer/Windows Explorer with folder My Media (and subfolders Music, Others, Photos, Text and Videos) and you can then copy files from PC to phone and vice versa (there's free software to convert 3GP to AVI if you want to transfer videos to your PC and play them there). But no system files are visible, and there are a few gotchas to watch for.

Folder sensitivity
You have to copy MP3s and other audio files to the Music folder, video files to the Videos folder within My Media, text files to the Text folder, or they won't play or display. Don't create any subfolders or your MP3s won't be found. Don't upload pics to the Photos folder (which is reserved for pics taken with the Chocolate), you won't be able to view them there - put them in Others. The phone won't display JPGs bigger than 460k or GIFs over 100k. If you want to use an image as wallpaper it can't be bigger than 30k in size. See part 1 Specifications and also Images.

Files for transporting
If you're using the phone as a USB key type device, put the files in the Others folder - that's the best place for them.

For the FULL Guide > Click Here <

LG KG800 Contents Bank
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 11:35 AM