Closed TopicStart new topic
> mobile9 - The 2nd month
Patrick
post Dec 1 2003, 02:32 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 3

Our second month online isn't a very smooth one, esp. with the gallery closing for approx 1 week in total. However, this move is unavoidable, as we didn't expect the sudden increase in visitors. As can be seen from the log below, our hits, visits, and pages almost doubled! We received around 4 million hits in November! This is despite the fact that the gallery was offline for approx 1 week.

(IMG:http://a.domaindlx.com/getfile/2ndmonth.jpg)

So what are we planning to do? We got rid of some sections, namely those Java games and the Midis. These files are easily found on the net, and if you need any assistance in looking for any games/midis, please check out the Requests and Downloads forum. We had threads for requesting those. Some kind members like Augustborn99 and Carlsb3rg are actively involved in helping to fulfill any requests.

There are still no plans for an infrastructure upgrade (due to financial constraints, etc.) but if things get way out of hands again, we will (by hook or by crook) fork out extra $ to fund our operations.

To round up, I would like to apologize to all members who contributed to the site. We understand that some of you are frustrated, disappointed, etc. but I assure you, we will strive to be better!

p.s. the gallery is online :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tenax
post Dec 1 2003, 04:36 AM
Post #2

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 13

Jesus 4 million hits, that is tremendous, :good: now that I understand the problem with bandwidth I am not surprised that you have deleted the midi and java games sections.

+Quote Post
Vlammetje
post Dec 1 2003, 04:49 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 1851

OMFG! That is incredible!

You say some files are lost tho. Anything you want replaced? (if we have it of course)

+Quote Post
Carlsb3rg
post Dec 1 2003, 05:45 AM
Post #4

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 12

wow.. and we were thinking of how to bring more people here, we want the opposite now lol!!

Anyways, I think it's better to start making the gallery an "active members feature only" , and move some content to premium access, which will be granted for posting X number of posts, or buying some kind of rights with X gils.

+Quote Post
oppy
post Dec 1 2003, 06:29 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 26

its a small victory with all the hits and visitors we have reached here at mobile 9 the only thing that comes with this is the amount of maintance and everything it keeps to make it running smoothly. i would just like to say mainly to expert than secondly to everyone else its been two great months here at mobile 9 and thanks to all for making this place better each day

+Quote Post
tybalt
post Dec 1 2003, 06:40 AM
Post #6

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 2735

Well, I only been here for about 1-2weeks, but I love the place. Well done expert, you gotta be proud of yourself. You've got more hits in a month than I got in a year on my site, but the topic is slightly broader. :P

PS. The limiting idea should be able to be implemented shortly. Finally making progress! YEY!

+Quote Post
lectrosoul
post Dec 1 2003, 06:47 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 154

its not that we want the opposite, we want more people here posting on the forum!
4 million hits but all to download stuff (which is great!! ) but if people post on the site and mobile9.com is seen to have a VERY active forum well then big players in mobile tech will take note and we will have a good chance of securing some info from these companies before other sites, i've been on to some companies with regard to doing reviews etc, and most have said that, if we have over a certain amount of people activly posting in the foum, and reading the news that we post, well then they would be more than happy to provide info on products and or new products to review, so things are looking good for us here, as of the last 2 weeks two major mobile phone companies have put my name (@mobile9) on to their Samples requests lists for new products to do some reviews, so when these companies come around to promoting a new product, they look to see which are the Main Sites that generate traffic and where are their target customer base getting their info etc so if mobile9 can turn some of those 4million hits into active members reading the news and posting on the forum well then the future looks EXTREMLY bright for Mobile9.com

a secret in marketing is for companies to sometimes 'leak' certain info to a contact in 'Smaller' news sites/foums, as this creates a buzz within the mobile community and it spreads like wild fire in the way we saw with the whole p900 'leak' and the fact that certain photos of this phone had p810/p900 on it and when sonyericsson went with the p900 name it was because of the feedback they read about on forums such as mobile9 and esato etc,
and this is how the photos some how appeared on various sites months before the product launched thus giving SonyEricsson Valuble info and insights directly on what the customers wanted, and creating a buzz and a hype that could never be achived with regular advertising etc

these are things i have picked up along the way and you'd be amazed at the different things companies do to create a buzz about a product that is about to be launched or indeed about a product that they are toying with developing, they get their main info from "US" in a very indirect but concise way, its market research at its most covert!!

anyway congrats to all and to the content creators Lectrosoul and
mobile9 salutes you all
Well done
lectrosoul

+Quote Post
vinnieza
post Dec 1 2003, 10:56 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 850

oh woops sorry my falut, i kinda left a book on the F5 key :P *Joke*, well it's probably because all the downloads are free :) (that doesn't mean make them not free), CONGRATS MOB 9 :).

now this thread is (IMG:http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/html/emoticons/locked.gif)

:P **joking** :)

This post has been edited by vinnieza: Dec 1 2003, 10:56 AM

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 10:50 AM