Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Taj Mahal, topic for speech
topmanner1
post Feb 22 2011, 04:44 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Certified DJ
Member No.: 6209628

Some interesting points are well noted by rohan,amdo,raindeer.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

I have a different view of it, I believe shahjahan is great in his love but Tajmahal is neither love palace nor a mausoleum.

In 1983, the Taj Mahal became a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Contrary to what visitors are made to believe the Tajmahal is not a Islamic mausoleum but an ancient Shiva Temple known as Tejo Mahalaya which the 5th generation moghul emperor Shahjahan commandeered from the then Maharaja of Jaipur. The Tajmahal, should therefore, be viewed as a temple palace and not as a tomb.

Taj Mahal alias Tejo Mahalaya, is an ancient Hindu temple complex in Agra. For the last 300 years the world has been fooled to believe that this stupendous edifice was built by the 5th generation Mogul emperor Shahjahan to commemorate one of his dead wives--Mumtaz.

From the well inside the Tajmahal, each and every view such as the frontal view and dome with the lotus flower cap, Hindu horizontal crescent and the coconut top at the pinnacle,the red lotus at the apex of the entrance, Vedic style corridors clearly suggest that so called Tajmahal is an altered version for Tejo Mahalaya.

Shahjahan might have been a true lover but Tajmahal is never his construction, he unfairly modified the place of divine and portrayed it as his own love palace fooling all the world leaving a mark of disgrace to the society. He was also so stingy as not to want to spend much even on converting a robbed Hindu temple into an Islamic mausoleum. Historic evidences make us understand that Tajmahal is originally a temple built long time ago by Tejaji.

Some of the evidences:

* Carbon dating of samples taken from the doorway of the Taj Mahal from the side of the Jamuna rivers revealed that the door was 300 years older than the period of Shah Jahan. The carbon dating was arranged by Marvin Miller, an economist in New York.

* Johan Albert Mandelso, a European traveller who visited Agra in 1638, seven years after the death of Mumtaz Mahal, vividly described the life of the city in his memoirs, but makes no reference to Taj Mahal or any large construction activity going on to build it.

* Peter Mundy, an Englishman, visited Agra within a year of Mumtaz’s death. From his writings, it appears that the Taj Mahal was already a noteworthy building well before Shah Jahan came to power.

I hope this information helps you in the preparation of your speech enna, I wish you the best.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Feb 22 2011, 05:10 AM
Post #17

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 4244271

Top manner, yep this was said to be a theory but it was rejected by the academic community widely as well as the Justice court of India (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

As I already pointed this out in my previous post :

QUOTE (rohan89devil @ Feb 22 2011, 12:12 AM) *
There have been various claims and controversies surrounding the Taj Mahal. It was claimed that the Taj Mahal was originally a Shiva Temple built by an Indian king which was taken over by the Mughals and converted into a tomb. But all such speculations are regarded as empty claims.

If you want more info on this check this out -> Click here

This was the guy who proposed all that stuff and he was highly discredited for it worldwide. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Star_Santa
post Feb 22 2011, 05:36 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 5178627

its god thread kewlone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

i no something about tajmahal i don't like to copy from google information & paste it here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Shahjahan build tajmahal after the death of his wife Mumtaz death , she was his 7th wife . she took promise from him that he should not marry any one after her death (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) it was bulid over 20 years its true (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Feb 22 2011, 06:27 AM
Post #19

First of all one can not put a number on how many wives did Shah Jahan have, since, back in those days, kings used to marry quite frequently and used to have many courtesans. And the sole reason for marriage was either an agreement between the kings or just for pleasure. But still he was said to have 10 wives at least.

However rosy it may sound, but it ain't the reality. There is no account of him promising Mumtaz Mahal about not marrying again. Whereas, there are records showing that he did in fact marry after her death.

This post has been edited by rohan89devil: Feb 23 2011, 12:01 PM

+Quote Post
manjuraja
post Feb 22 2011, 06:33 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 8089904

Hi Enna

About Taj..Here are some unbelievable incidents....

British Lords decided to dismantle Taj mahal to reassemble it in a Marvellous garden in England..Fortunately Lord Carson rejected this stupid idea and he bought a wall hanging light made in bronze from Cairo and we can see this light above the tombs of Shah jahan and Mumtaj..

After the death of Mumtaj, that is after a year,Shahjahan decided to build the Taj. Her dead body was buried in Bharhaanpur..But after six months it was brought to Agra with glory in a long procession.

A wonderful garden was selected by Shah jahan to build the Taj..It was belonged to King Jai singh..Shah jahan decided to pay 2 crore at first but decided to present 4 palaces to Jai singh to convey his love..

There was a rumor that the Plan(map) or blueprint was prepared by Vaeroniyo a wellknown sculptor from Venice, Usthath iza hahpandy from Greece and Usthath Ahmed from Lahore.

Holy Quran was printed allover the Tajmahal by Amanaath khan and we can see his signature in the Taj..

Due to the order of Aurangzeb, Shahjahan's dream of BlackTaj Mahal was still remain a dream and the dead body of Shahjahan was too buried very near to Mumtaj and this is the only thing we can find miserable and uncomfortable thing in the perfectly planned structure of the Taj..

I will be back with some other facts if possible..

For reference I recommend

1. Taj Mahal by Bikram Grewal
2.The Taj and Fatehpur Sikri by R.Ian Lloyd
3. Agra and Delhi by Leila Ghosh
4. Anecdotes of Aurangzib by Jadunath Sarkar
5. The crescent of India by S.R. Sharma

This post has been edited by manjuraja: Feb 22 2011, 12:46 PM

+Quote Post
topmanner1
post Feb 22 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Certified DJ
Member No.: 6209628

@Rohan - Yeah bro I checked it out, but when I saw the old images of Tajmahal I got into confusion. I think you are right becuase your view has the majority acceptance.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Feb 22 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #22

Well yeah, the Taj Mahal had a touch of Indian architecture too. But that P.N. Oak guy made such absurd claims about all that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

At first I too gave this thing a thought when I received this email about all that nonsense a few years back but then it all turned out to be baseless (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Its alright bro, mistakes happen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Also, I think that, the continuous raids and invasions on India might have lead to the loss of all the records that must have existed at one point of time. Hence, due to lack of valid evidences, our history is so obscure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
kewlone
post Feb 22 2011, 12:51 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Group: WPC Manager
Member No.: 6007542

topmanner , manjuraja , star santa thanks a million guys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) it will be really helpful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

@ manju great resources , definitely will take a look at them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

@ topy , just great evidences , it will support my speech (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

@ rohan ..def. i will knock at your door (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

This post has been edited by kewlone: Feb 22 2011, 12:52 PM

+Quote Post
archerx99
post Feb 22 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #24

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 2958297

Bravo guys!! I can see ur kind efforts and good team working of knowledge sharing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) I will sure read the every reply/word of this thread soon.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Btw how many of you have been there...?? ...for how many times in real?? ...would you like to share any pic of ur sweetest memories??

+Quote Post
kewlone
post Feb 22 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 6007542

yeah first you share your pic Archy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Feb 22 2011, 11:45 PM
Post #26

Yepppp... I was there in the year 2000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Just once, but it was one amazing experience (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

The aura of the place is just entrancing. It was breathtaking. It can not be expressed in words or depicted in pictures or videos, one needs to be there to experience the beauty. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
pankajdaddy77
post Feb 23 2011, 09:57 AM
Post #27

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 4464573

sorry bro

This post has been edited by pankajdaddy77: Feb 23 2011, 01:38 PM

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Feb 23 2011, 10:28 AM
Post #28

Whoaaaa!!! 29 Deliveries??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

That is not even possible. I think.

Now, let's get back to reality, Mumtaz Mahal died giving birth to the 14th child. Out of these 14, 7 died and only 7 survived.

Also, explain me this, when she died she was only 38 years old, now how do you give birth to 29 children when you died at an age of 38. Mathematically, you mean to say that Mumtaz Mahal started giving babies since she was 9 years old. Are you freaking out of your mind????

Dang!!! People please get your facts straightened out. Do not post such bulls***. PLEEEEEEAAAAAASE.

EDIT :

Oh... and by the way, "disfingered" is not even a word (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by rohan89devil: Feb 23 2011, 10:32 AM

+Quote Post
AMDOMINATOR
post Feb 23 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

Member No.: 1575954

Hahaha (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

@ Pankaj

You're Crazy Man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

@ Enna

You Can Refer To What I Had Typed In There For I Know Its Right And Also No S*** (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

As For The Others

Well You Guys Did Great Too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Feb 23 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #30

Hey Dom bro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

Well check out what Pankaj wrote, I just missed this thing previously (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (pankajdaddy77 @ Feb 23 2011, 09:57 AM) *

she was mother of 28 son

Whooooaaaaa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

28 children and all of them male (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

What was she??? A machine or something??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 04:47 PM