IPB
30 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feedback / Suggestions, Here you are allowed to b**** at us...
your_mother
post Dec 1 2010, 04:42 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 2505090

Please post here whatever you feel you have to tell us to make DC a better place. We will then think about it and you'll never hear of us again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

No, seriously, we're quite new at all of this and we gladly hear your suggestions to improve! If you have any questions about DC you can ask them here also. Please don't post any non DC related stuff, you can spam as much as you want in the Topic Threads...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
derber
post Dec 1 2010, 04:57 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Gifted DJ
Member No.: 6276753

Well, I love the whole concept of this new competition. It's truly amazing, especially that it contains EVERYTHING that has the smallest relationship with graphic designing.
Just wanna ask sth about the competition: Why no trophies will be earned by winning this competition? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Actually among the four competitions that we have now, I think specifically DC should give trophies and more points to winners and participants, as it contains big variety and probably it will be even harder than any of other competitions!

+Quote Post
your_mother
post Dec 1 2010, 05:11 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Well, there are two reasons for not giving away any trophies:

1. It's not possible in most cases. Trophies can only be earned for files that show up in the gallery. If you create a sig for example you can't upload it to the gallery. It's a technical thing...

2. The competition should mainly be fun and not a fight for trophies. There's no reason for cheating or strange voting in that case. I personally think it's a good thing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Competitors will still be able to earn a badge, though, so there's still something to look forward to...

Hope that answered your question!

+Quote Post
sp0rtskiller03
post Dec 1 2010, 06:12 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 2678012

no trophies, this will be great. just for those who are not into winning but enhancing and showing their skills.

now, i'm liking this thread.

+Quote Post
sp0rtskiller03
post Dec 1 2010, 06:18 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

actually this page can now be HB. the new HB, DC. coz the concept is the same. i think the HB thread can be replaced with this. there's no point i think in reviving HB since DC is like HB.

+Quote Post
CrazEric
post Dec 1 2010, 06:38 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 4988836

I'm glad you like the idea - hope to see you enter often (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
QUOTE (sp0rtskiller03 @ Dec 1 2010, 03:18 PM) *
actually this page can now be HB. the new HB, DC. coz the concept is the same. i think the HB thread can be replaced with this. there's no point i think in reviving HB since DC is like HB.

Oh I dont know about that ... we can always do with some space to showcase non-winning entries (since most topics wont be going in the gallery) or a place to show some tutorials and resources for designers. And some things can be continued or taken a step further there. People can even "practise" and learn there for difficult topics like making gifts for M9 from scratch? Well what ever you decide to do with HB - I'm sure there will be some complementary things that HB will be able to offer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by CrazEric: Dec 1 2010, 06:39 AM

+Quote Post
sp0rtskiller03
post Dec 1 2010, 06:53 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

yeah sure i will be here mostly.

i'm just an assistant of yoyo in HB. and still don't know what to do. i'm just here to help him.

+Quote Post
sp0rtskiller03
post Dec 2 2010, 05:04 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

i just posted 3d. for my topic in request mom. what's missing in my post?

+Quote Post
your_mother
post Dec 2 2010, 05:37 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

It's very clearly stated, that you're not supposed to post comments in this thread, only Requests, that's why I hide it...

This post has been edited by your_mother: Dec 2 2010, 05:34 AM

+Quote Post
sp0rtskiller03
post Dec 2 2010, 05:51 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

hmmm. i just suggested or requested for a 3D topic. that's what i meant by that.

+Quote Post
your_mother
post Dec 2 2010, 06:01 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (sp0rtskiller03 @ Dec 2 2010, 01:51 PM) *
hmmm. i just suggested or requested for a 3D topic. that's what i meant by that.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'm sorry then, I thought you said point Nr. 3 would be nice... I will set it on visible again. But can you please edit your post and specify your Request? Like Eric described earlier in the thread... Thanx! Oh, and can you do that also with your other Requests, please?

This post has been edited by your_mother: Dec 2 2010, 06:05 AM

+Quote Post
luvfist
post Dec 5 2010, 02:33 AM
Post #12

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 5724862

i want to suggest for final thread of DC.
Participant should post in final thread:
1.orignal pic
2.complete signature
What you think managers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
your_mother
post Dec 5 2010, 05:13 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (luvfist @ Dec 5 2010, 10:33 AM) *
1.orignal pic
2.complete signature

I think posting the originals doesn't make much sense in that case, 'cause so many parts of the sigs are made from scratch. The only original I used, for example, was the zombie. And I'm guessing your originals are the two heads on the side...? And if there are any questions about the origin of an entry we still have the right to ask for the psd file.

There will be contests in the future, where you will be required to post the originals, for example if we make a wallpaper competition or something, but most of our topics involve a lot of "making things from scratch", so people won't be able to show any originals.

However, this weeks winner will have to show his/her psd to everybody anyway, because the people have to be able to personalise the file for their own needs (change the user-name, avatar and so on). So I think the originals are really not necessary... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
luvfist
post Dec 5 2010, 05:50 AM
Post #14

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 5724862

QUOTE (your_mother @ Dec 5 2010, 05:13 AM) *
QUOTE (luvfist @ Dec 5 2010, 10:33 AM) *
1.orignal pic
2.complete signature

I think posting the originals doesn't make much sense in that case, 'cause so many parts of the sigs are made from scratch. The only original I used, for example, was the zombie. And I'm guessing your originals are the two heads on the side...? And if there are any questions about the origin of an entry we still have the right to ask for the psd file.

There will be contests in the future, where you will be required to post the originals, for example if we make a wallpaper competition or something, but most of our topics involve a lot of "making things from scratch", so people won't be able to show any originals.

However, this weeks winner will have to show his/her psd to everybody anyway, because the people have to be able to personalise the file for their own needs (change the user-name, avatar and so on). So I think the originals are really not necessary... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hmm i guess you'r right mother.

+Quote Post
CrazEric
post Dec 5 2010, 06:26 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 4988836

@ luvfist - yes I dont think we need originals for a sig challenge. And it wont be fair to ask for it now in the middle of the contest. But if you or anyone else want to post the image original(s) than thats ok. If you think it can help you decide who to vote for then I dont see a problem with it. However we're not going to tell people now that they must post the originals. We'll leave it up to each individual to decide if it will benefit them or not.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th July 2014 - 05:54 AM